Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You right, I asked my investigator for the transcripts because she had my official transcript already. I didn't want to reorder others transcript and delay th process

Comment

• The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
      Last edited by 1wordnocaps; 08-31-2018, 08:37 PM.
      Exam: 7323
      List: 2xx

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        telling the truth makes that real easy!

• Hey Im new on here, pretty much signed up to get answers and see if they are others like myself going through the ups and downs of the process. So here we go, I began my process in December of 2017, (mind you I’m a promotional) pretty much did everything I needed to in one month, my Psychologist hammered me with request of documents, of course no time was wasted, I rushed to get him what he needed, thinking that he received everything especially with a few days before the January class starting, I sat back, next thing you know it I missed the January class, I figured my paperwork or investigation didn’t go through on time, especially being that meeting my Bi was the last part of my process.

A few months passed and i started to notice that I havent heard from my investigator nor my psychologist, which i thought was odd because, even though they weren’t communicative as it is, coming close to the April class ans I haven’t received any word about a mini-medical redo or Jst redo. I emailed my Bi and he responded by saying that I was placed on Psych Discontinued. After contacting the psych dept and connecting me with psychologist, he said he never received any of the documents he requested, im saying to myself “Why didnt this guy say something?, for 3 months I sat around waiting for news and I had to find out for myself that I was missing documents. For weeks im scavenging and running around trying to get him what he requested in ample time, and every time I got him what he wanted he would request something else, killing my opportunity to get into another class. Finally, by June my Psychologist emails me asking me if I could send him my work evaluations and any disciplinary actions that Ive gotten since being on SSA. Of course I got it for him immediately. Weeks passed and I’d call Candidate relations and they would tell me im still on Psych Discontinued. I unfortunately ended up missing the July class. I got in contact a few days ago with Candidate relations again and they told me im off Psych Discontinue and currently on Psych Review. So I just wanted to know has anyone been in my situation where you’re clean in history and as well as a promotional being put on Psych Discontined to then being put on Psych Review? And if so what was the out come?
      Last edited by LionHeart87; 07-19-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Not promotional and my psychologist requested disciplinary/psych records from my current job. I took my oral psych almost a yr ago and he got everything about a month after. Was never placed on discontinued but when I call it says I'm still processing which I've been told is the same as being on review.

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Your on review; means the interviewing psychologist was concerned about something. Who knows what. Nothing to do but wait.

• LionHeart87
        LionHeart87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Vista the only thing that i have the understanding is, he questioned me about Alcohol consumption. He went into my SSA Psych file in which the same question was asked by that psychologist about being able to have 6 drinks on occasion. He asked me if i ever blacked out I said “no”, or gotten drunk, I said “no”, he tried to compare our weights together saying he & I are roughly about the same weight and height, now if he has up 6 drinks he’d be done, I told him everyone is different, but i dont allow myself to get to that point. And I pace myself as well as drink water, and he asked if I ever drive after drinking i said no, i either train or uber it, he asked me well if you never get drunk then why would you go another route other than driving yourself, I simply stated, whether you have a sip or 12 pack you’ll have alcohol in your system, and its against the law to operate a motor vehicle once alcohol is consumed. He seemed to get annoyed with me, but I was being honest. He wanted records of any hospitalization for drug, alcohol or mental health issues, which were all to be unfounded because i never was nor was I ever diagnosed . But yeah I suppose it is a waiting game. I also think it’s because I was also in resource room until 12 grade, but it was simply because I needed more time on tests. But i know when something like that is on file it needs to be reviewed, but my work evaluations are amazing and i never received any
        disciplinary action since being on the job. So one could
        only wonder, is the delay because he’s processing other files, or it’s because they feel they have the upper hand in the situation and they just take their time.
        Last edited by LionHeart87; 07-19-2018, 07:06 PM.

• LionHeart87
        LionHeart87 commented
        Editing a comment
        rb1152013 It makes you wonder, what do they get from having us chase ghost, especially when you’re able to debunk their theories

• Does anyone know if you get a Psych DQ for NYPD and you have another exam that just opened, can you process again? Or are you banned from processing again and getting another psych interview.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can take it and process again, 100%. Just expect them to revisit the first time you went through the process with them on the oral psych

• if my list has less than a year left, can I even fight my proposed DQ? Or should I just focus my other list. Not saying I’m going to fight it., just weighing my options and trying to understand how this process works.
      I read a case online where the persons DQ was overturned, but it seemed like the finding was that it was too late, since the list was already expired.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
        if my list has less than a year left, can I even fight my proposed DQ? Or should I just focus my other list. Not saying I’m going to fight it., just weighing my options and trying to understand how this process works.
        I read a case online where the persons DQ was overturned, but it seemed like the finding was that it was too late, since the list was already expired.
        I have heard of instances where people who were on review were discontinued. I can't speak on someone with an nopd.Wouldn't an nopd turn into a dq if none of the actions were taken within the time frame that paper says you have to make a decision?

Comment

• It's very easy to get off of discontinued. But yes, the NOPD will turn into an official disqualification if you don't act appropriately within the time given.

Comment

• Vista or anyone who has appealed a psych NOPD, how long did the process take? I just received mine and I’m wondering if I should appeal since my exam expires 12/2019. I successfully appealed a background DQ so I’m willing to fight. I just don’t want to win a appeal but my exam expires

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              You have enough time.

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              The background is the harder of the two.

Better off emailing me, [email protected]

I have no access here during the day (academy) so im slow to respond

• MrBigHead you should appeal it. I finished all the steps with my lawyer and psych. It takes few weeks. im waiting for the response from pd now . I recommend Mr Kronenberg and Mr Lerner.
            Last edited by Freddy3319; 07-25-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              What was the process like and how much did it cost

• MrBigHead

Pm me or send me your email. Im not much on the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
              Vista or anyone who has appealed a psych NOPD, how long did the process take? I just received mine and I’m wondering if I should appeal since my exam expires 12/2019. I successfully appealed a background DQ so I’m willing to fight. I just don’t want to win a appeal but my exam expires
              that was the exact question I meant to ask. I guess I wasn’t as clear. My exam expires next summer. When you say background DQ is that a character DQ? I’m going to PM you .

Comment

• Hey All. So I just received an email asking me to schedule my redo-mini med while im still on Psych Review. Is this common? And what is the usual outcome of it?

Comment

• rb1152013
                  rb1152013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's common if you're currently on "good psych review". The outcome is passing or failing your drug test lol. Mini-medical's get retaken after every academy that you miss.

• rb1152013 I always thought it was every 3 months for a mini med redo, but then again I’ve missed every class since January and was placed on discontinue just until recently, so I suppose I that makes sense lol, but I didn’t know there was any such thing as “Good Review”

Comment

• Hey guys. I had my oral psych in May and after I was told to submit some college documents which I did immediately after via email. I also received confirmation from my psychologist stating that she received my documents. I called today to check on my status, and he said it was discontinued. I was very confused and he asked me if I submitted everything on time and I was like, “yeah I even received a confirmation”. I asked him if I should email my psychologist and he said he doesn’t advise me to do it because it shows I’m impatient. Has this happened to anyone? Should I stay put or reach out? Thanks everyone.
                  NYPD Police Officer Exam 7323-1033
                  Taken: 01/13/2017
                  List number: 5xxx
                  Cas 5: December 2017

Initial medical: 1/19/2018 (passed)
                  BI Interview: 02/23/2018 (?)
                  Social Media Check: 02/23/2018 (passed)
                  Written Pysch: 05/10/2018
                  Oral Psych: 05/24/2018
                  JST: 06/25/2018 (cancelled rescheduled)
                  JST: 07/16/2018

Comment

• Oldspice17 I’ve had a similar situation like yours, I was on Psych Discontinue for over 6 months trying to piece together what my Psychologist was asking for. Sometimes it was a barrage of documents, then there was a confirmation that everything was received, to only continue to be on Discontinue. Its from my understanding that it’s not good to hound your psychologist they dont like it, but its also your responsibility to make sure they have 100% everything that is needed. Because When I started my process back in December of 2017 i was in line for the Jan class, to only miss it. I found out months later that my psychologist never received any thing he requested, my investigator never reached out to me nor did my psych. I had to reach out to the Psych dept personally to get connected with my psychologist to find out what was missing. As of late Ive communicated with Candidate relations to get my status updates not frequently but here and there they told me that nothings changed with your status of discontinued after getting confirmation that everything was received then reach out to the psychologist to see it anything else is needed, because sometimes they might forget, being that they have 100’s of files besides yours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8706 users online. 445 members and 8261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X