Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronxboy Congrats bro. Good luck at the academy!

Comment

• Originally posted by rb1152013 View Post
      not relevant to you
      didn't asked you

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a valid answer. They can ask for anything. It really doesn’t matter what they asked someone for. Everyones different.

• Originally posted by johnson316
      UPDATE: Got a letter from Sgt. Natalie Britt stating that I'm on Pysch review because the psychologist recommended that I "not be qualified." Should I withdraw now? Based on the way things went down I don't think theres any damage control I can do. I already signed up for the NYPD exam for next week to get another list number, maybe 4 years from now I can try again with that list number.
      letter in the mail or an email?

Comment

• johnson316 If I were you, I would contest it. You might have a good chance at fighting it or atleast find out why your psych recommended you to be DQ'd. Who knows, CSC might rule in your favor. These psychs nowadays are looking for saints and robots to hire. To bad there arent any. A buddy of mine who works at the academy was telling me that psych qualifies a lot of people that are not all there in the head. But I guess thats just his opinion. You should fight it.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears Sgt. Brill responded to a request from Johnson. Withdrawing at this juncture is stupid. It should only be considered in lieu of DQ- and even then only with great thought and advice of an attorney.
          Last edited by Vista; 06-27-2018, 01:49 PM.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s pointless to speculate on the rationale behind there position. It could be totally different from what you feel there concerns arise from. This was the case in my situation. I remember reading (after appealing and reviewing their file) and saying WTF? It was honestly a “hack job”. One thing that makes Psych DQ’s easier to refute than Character DQ’s is that upon appeal the Agency must release the file to your appeal team before your appeal is submitted. With a character DQ- for whatever reason your not privy to your file until after your appeal is submitted forcing your team to engage in speculation

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          I appealed and upon review of my file, I learned i had a solid case. After reviewing my appeal, NYPD agreed with it and rescinded / voided the DQ.

• in recent interviews has anyone had DR. Martin?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayblue View Post
          in recent interviews has anyone had DR. Martin?
          I know someone who had him. What was your experience like?

Comment

• Does anyone actually know the reason behind requesting medical records? What are they trying to find in particular?

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              I imagine either A- to check up on something you mentioned like a surgery/concussion you've had in the past or B-to potentially find something they can disqualify you on

• isle_b
              isle_b commented
              Editing a comment
              To make sure you’ve never received treatment for alcoholism, drug abuse or mental issues.

• After completing the survey, i was taken to survey monkey is this ok?
            Exam: 7323
            List: 32xx
            APD - 10/5/2017 - Completed
            Medical: 10/19/2017 - Completed
            BI: 11/14/17 - Completed

Written Psych: 11/17/17- Completed
            JST: 11/20/2017 - Passed (2:45)
            Oral: 11/27/2017- (DONE) (CLEARED 1/1/18)
            Mini-Med: 12/29/2017 - Passed

JST RETAKE - 05/16/2018 - Passed (2:42)
            Mini-Med RETAKE - 05/16/2018 - Passed

Email - 6/28/18 - 18:08

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              I appealed and upon review of my file, I learned i had a solid case. After reviewing my appeal, NYPD agreed with it and rescinded / voided the DQ.
              they voided your DQ, did you get the job?

Comment

• My job before the one I currently have I quit without giving a two weeks notice. Would that be enough to DQ me? Besides that a spotless record

Comment

• 2ServeNProtect
                  2ServeNProtect commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol stop trolling.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
                  TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How is it trolling if this is something they actually focus on. This is a legitimate concern they have and it usually is asked during the process. Mind you its pretty dumb. Considering you could get the call the night before and we all know the city isn't going to care if you don't give your employer 2 weeks.
                  Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 06-30-2018, 01:47 PM.

• Originally posted by qaz08642 View Post

they voided your DQ, did you get the job?
                No. He went elsewhere. If you had bothered to read the posts on here, you would have seen that at least four times.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Vista when you appealed your DQ how long did the process take? I've been "still processing" for almost a yr and my exam expires end of next yr. So I'm wondering if they make a decision any time soon if its worth appealing

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The process was restructured a bit since i went through it. But from the time my appeal was submitted until the time the NYPD changed there mind was roughly 4 months. Had the NYPD held steady on there decision to DQ it would have required civil service intervention. Im not sure how backlogged they are. If your “still processing” and your on an old exam, you should contact your investigator. It sounds like you are on review or hold.

• MrBigHead
                    MrBigHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vista Exam 4300 which I took back in 2013. I don't have my investigators number. I actually called apd to get his number to see if I needed to update my relationship status. They transferred me to him instead of giving me the number. Left a message and haven't heard anything. With my luck he's not handling my case anymore lol
                    Last edited by MrBigHead; 07-02-2018, 10:46 AM.

• What does a psychological follow up interview mean? Has anyone had these ?

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Means there are issues that need to be addressed. It means your “on the fence”. Figure out what they are gettint at and respond appropriately. Remember-shiw that you recognize and Take responsability and try and show you have moved on from passed indiscretions or negative issues. Never make excuses.

• Joeysylvan
                    Joeysylvan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They will ask you questions that they may have had an issue with and need further explanation

• Originally posted by DeLaRosa29 View Post
                  What does a psychological follow up interview mean? Has anyone had these ?
                  yes its a second interview. good luck on it

Comment

• Good morning everyone!

I had my oral interview on June 6th, and it lasted maybe one hour. She focused a lot on alcohol, which I told her I drink socially but not regularly, I have a religious background. Two hours after the interview the doctor emailed me that she needed my medical record and transcripts. I emailed my investigator to ask her if she could send my transcript to the doctor, she said she will.
                    The doctor finally received my medical record two weeks ago (The hospital needed a cover letter to continued the process, then the company that should have to release my info stated that I needed to add my initial on my paperwork, so they finally sent my medical record to her the last week of June.) Yesterday around 3 pm, the Doctor emailed me to send her my unofficial transcript, I sent it to her as soon as I got the email around 4 pm.
                    I emailed my investigator for some pieces of information in my process but she never replied... So I'm just wondering if the doctor contacting me a good sign? Hoping that I get cleared up and make it for the October's Academy.

Comment

• rb1152013
                      rb1152013 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s my understanding it’s your job, not your investigators, to get the paperwork for your psychologist.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6336 users online. 235 members and 6101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X