Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post

This is an online forum, not a psych interview. I’m not blaming anyone for anything so again, I’d advise you to comprehend and read what I’ve posted. I never played the victim card and I never asked for an easy out. I called out someone who was being a jerkoff to other forum members for no reason other than to feel bigger than he is. If CCCSD wants to be like that, he’s more than welcome to become an academy instructor. But I guess ignorance is bliss and you’ll never see it from any other point of view except your own. Not saying they weren’t telling the truth so again, don’t misunderstand my words. But being a dick and being respectful are two very different things; and usually being respectful gets you further than being a complete hairbag.

In the end, it’s you guys who can’t seem to take the criticism.

I’m done explaining myself. There’s nothing more petty than someone online ragging on someone who makes a grammatical error or kicks someone who’s down for asking a question on how to go about a certain situation (and that’s not asking for a handout or as you said, cheat the system). I saw how he was talking to other members and I felt he was being out of line. Plain and simple. Take the criticism and move on. If you don’t like it, that’s on you. Good luck.
    Am I missing something? You literally just said the same thing to me as I told you about criticism. I have a job, I don’t have to go through the process like you. I didn’t get DQ’d like you. You’re over here sending private messages to me talking about how I’m threatening you and babe Ruth isn’t that great? It’s referenced to the Sandlot — junior.

You’re all over the place with your statement. I’m glad the machine worked and you will never be a cop.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Alotta these guys are pre-sandlot day’s.

• TheGreatBambino
      TheGreatBambino commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I am not that old !

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post

Am I missing something? You literally just said the same thing to me as I told you about criticism. I have a job, I don’t have to go through the process like you. I didn’t get DQ’d like you. You’re over here sending private messages to me talking about how I’m threatening you and babe Ruth isn’t that great? It’s referenced to the Sandlot — junior.

You’re all over the place with your statement. I’m glad the machine worked and you will never be a cop.
    I’ve been clear as day with what I’ve been saying, but apparently you can’t comprehend any of it. Not a problem. Good for you having the job, I’m very happy for you and I wish you nothing but success and the best. I’m sure you’re a real hit with your coworkers and they’re very lucky to have someone like you on their side. As for the private message, I only sent you one so you shouldn’t make it seem like I sent a few. Whatever.

People like yourself are truly a valuable asset to those looking to get hired; especially with your help and useful information. You make those of us candidates really want to work with people like yourself, and are grateful to have such helpful direction and guidance throughout the whole hiring process. While it may seem like some of us want our hand held, we actually would prefer the advice and knowledge of those who went through it, without being made to feel like useless *******s or pieces of crap, especially when this isn’t an academy and just an online forum. Enjoy your day and thank you.
    NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• I wish there was a Moderator in this forum.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• This kind of reminds me of when the PA dq'd a bunch of people who were already otj. Simply put..these jobs are hard as frick to get. So much so that even having prior le exp means nothing. People need to stop talking about these ASSESSMENTS like its the end of the world.You really want to chage the process? Be a good candidate and get picked up by another agency. Stay out of trouble for 30 years and you basically proved that they dont know dip.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          The Port is a Whole Different Animal. Nepotism at its finest. And one of the most in depth aggressive screening processes.

There are Agencies who will not touch a candidate with a Psych DQ (suffolk). Others will chide you heavily. Some don’t care.
          Last edited by Vista; 06-05-2018, 09:55 AM.

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
        This kind of reminds me of when the PA dq'd a bunch of people who were already otj. Simply put..these jobs are hard as frick to get. So much so that even having prior le exp means nothing. People need to stop talking about these ASSESSMENTS like its the end of the world.You really want to chage the process? Be a good candidate and get picked up by another agency. Stay out of trouble for 30 years and you basically proved that they dont know dip.
        Agree with this , at the end of the day the NYPD , is one of the best law enforcement agencies in the world but it is not the only law enforcement agency . If your true mission is to be a law enforcement officer then you have to chase it wherever opportunities arrise .

As as far as the psych process goes , I can’t agree with people who state that it is reliable , not going to single out the NYPD so I’ll say if you look at agencies around the country , you can easily find countless incidents of officers being fired , forced to resign , suspended , or otherwise disciplined in one way or another . The process is what it is , it hopefully can work to keep standout cases from coming into a position of extraordinary responsibility . With that said , does it stop people who shouldn’t be cops from becoming cops ? Yes it does , does it let people who shouldn’t be cops through ? Yes it does . Does it DQ people who would make great officers ? It most certainly does .

To conclude ,
        when I see people in this forum ask for help , or have comments questions or concerns in regards to the process , I have no problem with the experieced guys on the forum being blunt with them. It would only help the candidates , on the same token , there are comments that are not necessary , have nothing to do with the process , and are just putting people down .

At the end of the day the way I veiw it is this , we all understand that becoming an officer has inherent risks , it risks your life , your family , your relationships and so much more , and knowing this ( hopefully all are aware ) people still sign up . That commends some form appreciation , it’s not a job that everyone would do ,
        I have LE family who Responded on 9/11
        And it’s burned into my mind how as the towers fell , I watched them hurry up to leave the house and head to the scene as opposed to run away .

I cannot , from a forum , put anyone down who seeks help in being apart of this career and this lifestyle .

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          I wish there was a Moderator in this forum.
          There is.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Edited.... repost later
            Last edited by Vista; 06-06-2018, 09:05 PM.
            Problems with a psych exam?
            Have an upcoming
            PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.
            WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
            http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Anybody here from cadets ?

Comment

• Getting the mini medical email while still being on psych review doesn’t necesarily mean anything right ? But from my understanding they won’t tell you about mini med unless you’re on good review ?

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Means nothing but do it anyway

• @DeLaRosa, I was on review and was still allowed to complete the process. Now, I am in the process of appealing a psych DQ. Don't get discouraged, everyones situation is different. Keep your head up and if it leads to an NOPD or DQ, appeal it. You have nothing to lose.

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who’d you appeal with?

• Vista Dr. Daley

Comment

• 2ServeNProtect
                  2ServeNProtect commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Update: I also hired Kevin Sheerin as of today.

• I got the news today that I am psych qualified. I was on review for a little over two months.
                NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• StixzMcGee
                  StixzMcGee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How did you find out that news?

• Bronxboy
                  Bronxboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I emailed the CAD email address yesterday.

• StixzMcGee
                  StixzMcGee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what is the email address? and what information did you have to submit for them to share that information (like name, social, exam and list)

• Bronxboy
                  Bronxboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CAD@nypd.org. I gave them my name, list and exam number.

• Originally posted by Bronxboy View Post
                I got the news today that I am psych qualified. I was on review for a little over two months.
                Qualified or Disqualified?

If your qualified congratulation!

Comment

• Bronxboy
                  Bronxboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Qualified. I am cleared for hire.

• Do they tell you that you're on psych review or do you have to contact someone?

Comment

• Bronxboy
                  Bronxboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was asked to submit additional documents, which is automatic review.

• Originally posted by Bronxboy View Post
                I was asked to submit additional documents, which is automatic review.
                Do you remember what documents did they asked for?

Comment

• rb1152013
                  rb1152013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not relevant to you

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10501 users online. 444 members and 10057 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X