Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job before the one I currently have I quit without giving a two weeks notice. Would that be enough to DQ me? Besides that a spotless record

Comment

• 2ServeNProtect
      2ServeNProtect commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol stop trolling.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
      TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
      Editing a comment
      How is it trolling if this is something they actually focus on. This is a legitimate concern they have and it usually is asked during the process. Mind you its pretty dumb. Considering you could get the call the night before and we all know the city isn't going to care if you don't give your employer 2 weeks.
      Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 06-30-2018, 02:47 PM.

• Originally posted by qaz08642 View Post

they voided your DQ, did you get the job?
    No. He went elsewhere. If you had bothered to read the posts on here, you would have seen that at least four times.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Vista when you appealed your DQ how long did the process take? I've been "still processing" for almost a yr and my exam expires end of next yr. So I'm wondering if they make a decision any time soon if its worth appealing

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        The process was restructured a bit since i went through it. But from the time my appeal was submitted until the time the NYPD changed there mind was roughly 4 months. Had the NYPD held steady on there decision to DQ it would have required civil service intervention. Im not sure how backlogged they are. If your “still processing” and your on an old exam, you should contact your investigator. It sounds like you are on review or hold.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Vista Exam 4300 which I took back in 2013. I don't have my investigators number. I actually called apd to get his number to see if I needed to update my relationship status. They transferred me to him instead of giving me the number. Left a message and haven't heard anything. With my luck he's not handling my case anymore lol
        Last edited by MrBigHead; 07-02-2018, 11:46 AM.

• What does a psychological follow up interview mean? Has anyone had these ?

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Means there are issues that need to be addressed. It means your “on the fence”. Figure out what they are gettint at and respond appropriately. Remember-shiw that you recognize and Take responsability and try and show you have moved on from passed indiscretions or negative issues. Never make excuses.

• Joeysylvan
        Joeysylvan commented
        Editing a comment
        They will ask you questions that they may have had an issue with and need further explanation

• Originally posted by DeLaRosa29 View Post
      What does a psychological follow up interview mean? Has anyone had these ?
      yes its a second interview. good luck on it

Comment

• Good morning everyone!

I had my oral interview on June 6th, and it lasted maybe one hour. She focused a lot on alcohol, which I told her I drink socially but not regularly, I have a religious background. Two hours after the interview the doctor emailed me that she needed my medical record and transcripts. I emailed my investigator to ask her if she could send my transcript to the doctor, she said she will.
        The doctor finally received my medical record two weeks ago (The hospital needed a cover letter to continued the process, then the company that should have to release my info stated that I needed to add my initial on my paperwork, so they finally sent my medical record to her the last week of June.) Yesterday around 3 pm, the Doctor emailed me to send her my unofficial transcript, I sent it to her as soon as I got the email around 4 pm.
        I emailed my investigator for some pieces of information in my process but she never replied... So I'm just wondering if the doctor contacting me a good sign? Hoping that I get cleared up and make it for the October's Academy.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s my understanding it’s your job, not your investigators, to get the paperwork for your psychologist.

• You right, I asked my investigator for the transcripts because she had my official transcript already. I didn't want to reorder others transcript and delay th process

Comment

• The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
          Last edited by 1wordnocaps; 08-31-2018, 08:37 PM.
          Exam: 7323
          List: 2xx

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            telling the truth makes that real easy!

• Hey Im new on here, pretty much signed up to get answers and see if they are others like myself going through the ups and downs of the process. So here we go, I began my process in December of 2017, (mind you I’m a promotional) pretty much did everything I needed to in one month, my Psychologist hammered me with request of documents, of course no time was wasted, I rushed to get him what he needed, thinking that he received everything especially with a few days before the January class starting, I sat back, next thing you know it I missed the January class, I figured my paperwork or investigation didn’t go through on time, especially being that meeting my Bi was the last part of my process.

A few months passed and i started to notice that I havent heard from my investigator nor my psychologist, which i thought was odd because, even though they weren’t communicative as it is, coming close to the April class ans I haven’t received any word about a mini-medical redo or Jst redo. I emailed my Bi and he responded by saying that I was placed on Psych Discontinued. After contacting the psych dept and connecting me with psychologist, he said he never received any of the documents he requested, im saying to myself “Why didnt this guy say something?, for 3 months I sat around waiting for news and I had to find out for myself that I was missing documents. For weeks im scavenging and running around trying to get him what he requested in ample time, and every time I got him what he wanted he would request something else, killing my opportunity to get into another class. Finally, by June my Psychologist emails me asking me if I could send him my work evaluations and any disciplinary actions that Ive gotten since being on SSA. Of course I got it for him immediately. Weeks passed and I’d call Candidate relations and they would tell me im still on Psych Discontinued. I unfortunately ended up missing the July class. I got in contact a few days ago with Candidate relations again and they told me im off Psych Discontinue and currently on Psych Review. So I just wanted to know has anyone been in my situation where you’re clean in history and as well as a promotional being put on Psych Discontined to then being put on Psych Review? And if so what was the out come?
          Last edited by LionHeart87; 07-19-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Not promotional and my psychologist requested disciplinary/psych records from my current job. I took my oral psych almost a yr ago and he got everything about a month after. Was never placed on discontinued but when I call it says I'm still processing which I've been told is the same as being on review.

• Vista
            Vista commented
            Editing a comment
            Your on review; means the interviewing psychologist was concerned about something. Who knows what. Nothing to do but wait.

• LionHeart87
            LionHeart87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vista the only thing that i have the understanding is, he questioned me about Alcohol consumption. He went into my SSA Psych file in which the same question was asked by that psychologist about being able to have 6 drinks on occasion. He asked me if i ever blacked out I said “no”, or gotten drunk, I said “no”, he tried to compare our weights together saying he & I are roughly about the same weight and height, now if he has up 6 drinks he’d be done, I told him everyone is different, but i dont allow myself to get to that point. And I pace myself as well as drink water, and he asked if I ever drive after drinking i said no, i either train or uber it, he asked me well if you never get drunk then why would you go another route other than driving yourself, I simply stated, whether you have a sip or 12 pack you’ll have alcohol in your system, and its against the law to operate a motor vehicle once alcohol is consumed. He seemed to get annoyed with me, but I was being honest. He wanted records of any hospitalization for drug, alcohol or mental health issues, which were all to be unfounded because i never was nor was I ever diagnosed . But yeah I suppose it is a waiting game. I also think it’s because I was also in resource room until 12 grade, but it was simply because I needed more time on tests. But i know when something like that is on file it needs to be reviewed, but my work evaluations are amazing and i never received any
            disciplinary action since being on the job. So one could
            only wonder, is the delay because he’s processing other files, or it’s because they feel they have the upper hand in the situation and they just take their time.
            Last edited by LionHeart87; 07-19-2018, 07:06 PM.

• LionHeart87
            LionHeart87 commented
            Editing a comment
            rb1152013 It makes you wonder, what do they get from having us chase ghost, especially when you’re able to debunk their theories

• Does anyone know if you get a Psych DQ for NYPD and you have another exam that just opened, can you process again? Or are you banned from processing again and getting another psych interview.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can take it and process again, 100%. Just expect them to revisit the first time you went through the process with them on the oral psych

• if my list has less than a year left, can I even fight my proposed DQ? Or should I just focus my other list. Not saying I’m going to fight it., just weighing my options and trying to understand how this process works.
          I read a case online where the persons DQ was overturned, but it seemed like the finding was that it was too late, since the list was already expired.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
            if my list has less than a year left, can I even fight my proposed DQ? Or should I just focus my other list. Not saying I’m going to fight it., just weighing my options and trying to understand how this process works.
            I read a case online where the persons DQ was overturned, but it seemed like the finding was that it was too late, since the list was already expired.
            I have heard of instances where people who were on review were discontinued. I can't speak on someone with an nopd.Wouldn't an nopd turn into a dq if none of the actions were taken within the time frame that paper says you have to make a decision?

Comment

• It's very easy to get off of discontinued. But yes, the NOPD will turn into an official disqualification if you don't act appropriately within the time given.

Comment

• Vista or anyone who has appealed a psych NOPD, how long did the process take? I just received mine and I’m wondering if I should appeal since my exam expires 12/2019. I successfully appealed a background DQ so I’m willing to fight. I just don’t want to win a appeal but my exam expires

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have enough time.

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The background is the harder of the two.

Better off emailing me, [email protected]

I have no access here during the day (academy) so im slow to respond

• MrBigHead you should appeal it. I finished all the steps with my lawyer and psych. It takes few weeks. im waiting for the response from pd now . I recommend Mr Kronenberg and Mr Lerner.
                Last edited by Freddy3319; 07-25-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
                  MrBigHead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What was the process like and how much did it cost

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6506 users online. 363 members and 6143 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X