Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, I was surprised with that one. I was peace officer in the Bronx with an on duty carry. I also retrieved a fire arm during a collar which I received a certificate for. I've been involved in multiple stress situations which I think I handled pretty well. My private psych believes I can do the job. So l have my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by 2ServeNProtect; 06-03-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      How did they find out you actually did smoke Marijuana? Was it on paper anywhere? What made you change your tune. Once you answer a question; your kind of locked in without good explanation.

Ommission of pertinent fact / willful deception..... is one of the most difficult disqualifications to appeal.
      Last edited by Vista; 06-03-2018, 09:18 PM.

• Ummmm...finding a gun during an arrest isn’t something one should get an award for. It’s pretty common.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• You wouldn’t even be able to write that up in the city unless it’s a pickup. Also you admitted you lied about smoking weed . Automatic dq.

Comment

• I'm not worried. If it works out for me great, if not, I am in the process of another law enforcement agency. I'm Just waiting on an available academy date.
        Last edited by 2ServeNProtect; 06-03-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Well, until Dept #2 finds out you lied to Dept #1
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Don't worry J2H lol. I have already disclosed everything at the poly. I wanted to be sure not to make the same mistake twice.
            Last edited by 2ServeNProtect; 06-03-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2ServeNProtect View Post
              Don't worry J2H lol. I have already disclosed everything at the poly. I wanted to be sure not to make the same mistake twice.
              Do you bud. Apply everywhere you desire until you get scooped up. Applicant to applicant, the only thing we can do is keep going until we get the job. Stop lying though, honestly will be rewarded. Always has and always will.
              Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 06-03-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I have been following this post for a year and I have finally decided to sign up lol. As of now, I am appealing an NYPD psych DQ. According to what my private psych told me, I was Dq'd because it took to long for me to recieve an associate degree (5 years), I have poor stress tolerance, and I lied about trying marijuana. According to my private pysch, it is a low level dq. I just sent my request for an appeal to the civil service commission. I have never been arrested, no current pending tickets/citations, nada. What do you guys think my chances are for a successful appeal?
                The Success rate of appeals is hard to quantify- it’s highly individualized based on the candidate and the candidates records.

It’s also hghly dependent on the quality and thoroughness of the Independant Psychologist’s report. While any Licensed Psychologist can write a report, there are only a handful of Forensic Psychologist’s who are extremely familiar with Law Enforcement Appeals. I hope you chose someone who see’s these cases everybdah.

A good quality report takes many hours of Interviewing (both pre and post agency record review) and must be extremely detailed. There are a few guys with good reputations- but also a few, who i wont “name- names” write basically the same report for all appeals (He touts that he is a both Lawyer and Psychologist, and, if you converse with him he only lokes to use email).

I will always say “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR WORKMANSHIP FAR OUTLASTS THE SWEETNESS OF A CHEAP PRICE”.

Curious who you used? Retain a lawyer as well? There is often a legal angle of appeals that a IME (appeal psych) cant address; i.e. if your educational record is effected by a A.D.A. Covered Disability, etc.
                Last edited by Vista; 06-03-2018, 09:22 PM.
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I hired Dr. Daley.

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I heard he does good work. I didn’t like the fact that- at least in my experience, he just wanted to talk about price and setting an appointment in the first phone call.
                    Last edited by Vista; 06-04-2018, 05:22 AM.

Hey everyone,

I have been following this post for a year and I have finally decided to sign up lol. As of now, I am appealing an NYPD psych DQ. According to what my private psych told me, I was Dq'd because it took to long for me to recieve an associate degree (5 years), I have poor stress tolerance, and I lied about trying marijuana. According to my private pysch, it is a low level dq. I just sent my request for an appeal to the civil service commission. I have never been arrested, no current pending tickets/citations, nada. What do you guys think my chances are for a successful appeal?
                  did they ever asked you to come in for a second oral psych interview?

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Second Interviews aren’t common unless a supervisor has true concerns which they want addressed before a decision can be made. Do not “bank” on a second Interview. Chances are you will be (proposed) DQ, you will file an Appeal, the NYPD will affirm the DQ, then your file will be bounced to Civil Service (who- if your going to have a positive outcome, it’s going to be with them).

• Nope. They emailed me an NOPD and a few days ago I got the DQ.

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s expected. They rarely reverse their own determination. Now it gets forwarded to Civil Service- can take many months. Did you hire an attorney, as well?
                    Last edited by Vista; 06-04-2018, 05:20 AM.

• I did not hire an attorney for this one. I thought you only need an attorney if it is a character dq?

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You dont HAVE TO retain an Attorney for either type of Disqualification, but in both types of DQ there are typucally significant arguments- both complex legal arguments and otherwise that a Independant Psychologist cant make in there argument. Also, keep in mind that NYPD- in ALL cases will be represented by a ataff Attorney who will make these legal arguments against you to Civil Service Commission. Beyond that, if civil service commission requests a hearing you are not likely to be in the position to aggressively cross examine and question the Agency Psychologist. Even the Civil Service Commission reccomends you retain an Attorney. Given the fact that a good portion of succesful appeals are decided at hearing- it’s something you should consider. I would look into it before your Appeal is considered by Civil Service Commission. Perhaps a lawyer can file a supplement to whatever was already submitted. I would touch base with Rob Kronenberg. I believe he has worked with Daly in the passed.

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Let’s just always blame someone else. Everyone gets a trophy, right?
                  Oh keep quiet already. Stop with the condescending posts; this is a forum for helpful information, not stupid comments.
                  NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• Mayhem......Quite often “helpful” information is not info that you want to hear....it’s just raw truth. A problem on this forum is that many unqualified people post here giving throwing off an unjustified aura of expertise. Then when experienced officers, no matter how gruff, post there’s a whine that they are not being helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post

Oh keep quiet already. Stop with the condescending posts; this is a forum for helpful information, not stupid comments.
                      So your post helps how..?

Youre not a MOS, so unless you ACTUALLY have knowledge about this...
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
                        mayhemcyclesinc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ...and you are? Highly doubtful that you’re on the job, with all that time you spend on these forums commenting on pretty much everything. All you do is sit there and complain about people’s grammar, make fun of them and say stupid things. Typical behavior of a young millennial who has nothing else better to do because he/she/it didn’t pass a background check, and works 22 hours a week as a security guard. Lose the power trip, humble yourself, and unless you have useful and helpful information, pipe down and let people carry on with their info and questions.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7943 users online. 339 members and 7604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X