Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2ServeNProtect View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have been following this post for a year and I have finally decided to sign up lol. As of now, I am appealing an NYPD psych DQ. According to what my private psych told me, I was Dq'd because it took to long for me to recieve an associate degree (5 years), I have poor stress tolerance, and I lied about trying marijuana. According to my private pysch, it is a low level dq. I just sent my request for an appeal to the civil service commission. I have never been arrested, no current pending tickets/citations, nada. What do you guys think my chances are for a successful appeal?
    did they ever asked you to come in for a second oral psych interview?

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Second Interviews aren’t common unless a supervisor has true concerns which they want addressed before a decision can be made. Do not “bank” on a second Interview. Chances are you will be (proposed) DQ, you will file an Appeal, the NYPD will affirm the DQ, then your file will be bounced to Civil Service (who- if your going to have a positive outcome, it’s going to be with them).

• Nope. They emailed me an NOPD and a few days ago I got the DQ.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s expected. They rarely reverse their own determination. Now it gets forwarded to Civil Service- can take many months. Did you hire an attorney, as well?
      Last edited by Vista; 06-04-2018, 05:20 AM.

• I did not hire an attorney for this one. I thought you only need an attorney if it is a character dq?

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      You dont HAVE TO retain an Attorney for either type of Disqualification, but in both types of DQ there are typucally significant arguments- both complex legal arguments and otherwise that a Independant Psychologist cant make in there argument. Also, keep in mind that NYPD- in ALL cases will be represented by a ataff Attorney who will make these legal arguments against you to Civil Service Commission. Beyond that, if civil service commission requests a hearing you are not likely to be in the position to aggressively cross examine and question the Agency Psychologist. Even the Civil Service Commission reccomends you retain an Attorney. Given the fact that a good portion of succesful appeals are decided at hearing- it’s something you should consider. I would look into it before your Appeal is considered by Civil Service Commission. Perhaps a lawyer can file a supplement to whatever was already submitted. I would touch base with Rob Kronenberg. I believe he has worked with Daly in the passed.

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Let’s just always blame someone else. Everyone gets a trophy, right?
    Oh keep quiet already. Stop with the condescending posts; this is a forum for helpful information, not stupid comments.
    NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• Mayhem......Quite often “helpful” information is not info that you want to hear....it’s just raw truth. A problem on this forum is that many unqualified people post here giving throwing off an unjustified aura of expertise. Then when experienced officers, no matter how gruff, post there’s a whine that they are not being helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post

Oh keep quiet already. Stop with the condescending posts; this is a forum for helpful information, not stupid comments.
        So your post helps how..?

Youre not a MOS, so unless you ACTUALLY have knowledge about this...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
          mayhemcyclesinc commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and you are? Highly doubtful that you’re on the job, with all that time you spend on these forums commenting on pretty much everything. All you do is sit there and complain about people’s grammar, make fun of them and say stupid things. Typical behavior of a young millennial who has nothing else better to do because he/she/it didn’t pass a background check, and works 22 hours a week as a security guard. Lose the power trip, humble yourself, and unless you have useful and helpful information, pipe down and let people carry on with their info and questions.

• Mayhem.........define helpful information. Is it only that which you want to hear? If so, don’t bother posting here.

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
          Editing a comment
          Sure, helpful information regarding the hiring process, what to expect, how to go about certain issues and what to look out for. Not calling people out because of grammar issues and being sarcastic, belittling people and making them feel worse than they already feel because of a DQ or NOPD.

I know this is a career for people with thick skin, but these guys aren’t even hired yet, hence why they’re asking for help and useful information. No need to bash them or treat them like crap. I’m sure an adult like yourself can understand that. There are always one or two members who have to be the “outspoken” one(s) to make themselves feel good. If he or she is such a know it all, why not try to help those in need instead of poking fun at them? Guess I’m making too much sense.

• Ok due to my last couple of posts I want to apologize and admit I was wrong. If you were dqed you can fight it or simply reapply and try gaining more credentials to look more favorable for the agency. To all you haters on the forum just know I am officially in law enforcement now. Hate it or love it .

Comment

• J2H
          J2H commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you attended or graduated from a Law Enforcement Academy?

• No. No you’re not. You haven’t even attended an academy.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
          Editing a comment
          How’s security training now? Four week online course?

Just stop being a dick, that’s all. I’m sure this is all a power trip for you, who knows, maybe you’re lacking something and by talking down to people, you’re filling a void. Whatever the case may be, try to help others and lay off the criticism. Unless commenting on forums all day is all you have in life. There’s a beautiful world out there, maybe you should go out and see it.

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
        Ok due to my last couple of posts I want to apologize and admit I was wrong. If you were dqed you can fight it or simply reapply and try gaining more credentials to look more favorable for the agency. To all you haters on the forum just know I am officially in law enforcement now. Hate it or love it .
        You must be Chief already due to your student loans.

Comment

• "...and you are? Highly doubtful that you’re on the job, with all that time you spend on these forums commenting on pretty much everything. All you do is sit there and complain about people’s grammar, make fun of them and say stupid things. Typical behavior of a young millennial who has nothing else better to do because he/she/it didn’t pass a background check, and works 22 hours a week as a security guard. Lose the power trip, humble yourself, and unless you have useful and helpful information, pipe down and let people carry on with their info and questions."

A Millennial is a kid who wants their hand held throughout the whole way of life. Based off of your previous posts as well as messages with BOO3, you are the definition.
          Last edited by TheGreatBambino; 06-04-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
            Editing a comment
            Oh great, another productive member of the forums looking to help people who are asking valid questions regarding hiring and what to do in a situation that maybe some other members have experienced. You’re a real winner.

• TheGreatBambino
            TheGreatBambino commented
            Editing a comment
            You still waiting for that letter in the mail I hear?

• You hear or you read? Am I supposed to be scared or threatened by you?
          NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

• Originally posted by mayhemcyclesinc View Post
            You hear or you read? Am I supposed to be scared or threatened by you?
            I see you can't read. I wrote hear. The machine is working properly I see. I am confused on why you should feel threatened?

Comment

• mayhemcyclesinc
              Editing a comment
              Right, I can’t read. Good one. Obviously and clearly meant that you hear (what you said), or you read (because you brought up reading my messages with other members). Guess that’s above your comprehension. Shame I had to sit here and explain that to you.

• TheGreatBambino
              TheGreatBambino commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for agreeing with me. That must of been hard for you. Good luck appealing your process.

• mayhemcyclesinc
            #3652.1
            Today, 11:11 PM
            Right, I can’t read. Good one. Obviously and clearly meant that you hear (what you said), or you read (because you brought up reading my messages with other members). Guess that’s above your comprehension. Shame I had to sit here and explain that to you.

Saved for reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post
              mayhemcyclesinc
              #3652.1
              Today, 11:11 PM

Saved for reference.
              Good, please feel free to let me know if you need anymore information.
              NYPD 2311, #4XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5246 users online. 289 members and 4957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X