Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qaz08642 View Post

This individuals is stating the flaws with the hiring process of this department especially the psych department. I can see why a person would get DQ for medical/ investigator/ drug test/JST. But psych is just base on luck you could be the best candidate and if the psychologist don't like the color of your shirt she can DQ you just for that.
    These individuals such as yourself? You’ve failed the psych as well. They ask you questions, it’s that simple. YOUR answers are the reason to get a DQ.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      As much as im no fan of Psychologists..... they cant jist disqualify you “just because”. In fact, a supervisor reviews all disqualifications (review)- and, the interviewing psych would need something to base their reccomendation on or there boss will overturn it. They cant just write “disqualify” and not back it up- its a report, not a simple check box. Now- if they disliked you, and your “on the fence”- sure, that could perhaps influence weather the report is favorable or not. But they cant just make stuff up to fail you- thats malfeasance.
      Last edited by Vista; 05-28-2018, 08:42 PM.

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Many, MANY, candidates think they are the cats pajamas. Then they take a series of tests which show that coupled with historical issues, negate their catbird seat. Totality of the testing.

Why do all the applicants on here believe that posters who are DQd are actually the best selection ever? Because they say so? Ya think just maybe the poster isn't the best choice?
    Just READ what they bitch about and how they respond...
    Check his previous post, he is also waiting for a NOPD in mail. Can’t make this up.

Comment

• Better than Blue Bloods. Pure comedy Gold!
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Bottom line I had an investigator from another law enforcement agency tell me how high I scored on a psych written. lol once they found out I had applied at another agency they begin to question my background in oral smh my advice to candidates is study the law. Make a extra copy of any booklet they give you. Anything you put on those books will be held against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          This seems more about who has what level of education with you. A Psychologist is a PhD, not Masters level.

You're one of a million on here who think they are better than others and are now going to law school...just to show us how great you are.

At least we don’t have to worry that you will get a badge. With your holier than thou attitude, IA is a blink away.

Interestigly, some NYPD Psychs have a Masters, not a PhD. Since their not treating, its permitted for a Masters Level Practitioner to work under a PhD.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
            Bottom line I had an investigator from another law enforcement agency tell me how high I scored on a psych written. lol once they found out I had applied at another agency they begin to question my background in oral smh my advice to candidates is study the law. Make a extra copy of any booklet they give you. Anything you put on those books will be held against you.
            You cant just “score high” on the Written Psych. It consists of multiple scales, which- you should ideally not score high or low- it’s more about “Normal” than perfect. Those scores are considered in concert with the Clincal Evalution- the Interview, thats how the decision is made. Testing Batteries are invalid absent a personal interview. Raw scores are useless.
            Last edited by Vista; 05-26-2018, 06:30 PM.
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackInBlue View Post
              Question, anyone heard of any MOS (civilian) taking the PO pysch and was DQ'd?
              It absolutely happens. your no different from any other applicant
              Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post

It absolutely happens. your no different from any other applicant
                Reason I'm asking is because I have taken the pysch written/oral before and passed. If they fail me now, wouldn't that discredit the former pyschologist that passed me before? I have 7 years dedicated to the Dept.

Comment

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, first, if you took a psych for a civilian position- P.O. Is a much different job. Second, a Psych Evaluation is only recognized as valid for three years. Thats a standard set forward by the International Association of Chiefs of Police, as well as other agencies. Now, the 7 Years of employment with the department- if your on good terms, will be of help. It's a good thing- in your Psych, own it- don't expect them to do the digging and ask you questions. But to answer your question, no it is not a "grand slam" automatic pass.

• No. You may not be the same person psychologically that took the first test. And, apparently, the first test was not for a uniformed position.

Comment

• You may not be the same person psychologically? Lol bro if they give you the run around fight it. My purpose on this forum is to get as many people as I can to fight this unjust process. I will do my part and I suggest anyone else who is turned away don't even stop at appealing go civil. Something really has to change with the hiring process.

Comment

• Bravo16
                    Bravo16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with you nypd hiring process is flawed and corrupt. The psychologist are giving to much power and discretion to ruin someone life. I support what you are doing 100%.

• Why invest so much effort into it? What makes you gain more appealing than applying for another agency and possibly getting picked up quicker.

Comment

• College........Do you truly believe that the testing process in NYS has never been challenged? What is “unjust” about weeding out undesirable candidates? The biggest hurdle your delusion faces is the appeal procedure already in place. This procedure ultimately leads to an action in NYS Supreme Court.

Comment

• Just because you went to college, doesn’t mean you’re educated. You are obviously one of the many who just attended class and received a diploma.

Looks like the system worked. You are even showing traits on here with each post you make that show it’s still effective...

So stop posting on here and actually go to court. Man up. Do something real instead of thinking you are such a mighty SJW because you posted on a forum.

You don’t have the chops and never will.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• rb1152013
                        rb1152013 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Some may not appreciate your way of explaining things on this forum but I appreciate how straight forward and blunt you are.

And you’re right, posting here isn’t solving anything for yourself. My plan while on review is joining the reserves for the Marines and be certified in counterintelligence. The idea is to come back and hopefully increase my chances of winning the appeal should a letter ever arrive or make them decide in my favor through an additional oral psych when I come back. If that fails I’ll hope to get into other departments.

Point being, if you want to be a cop so badly you will take action as I will and not complain about how unfair things have appeared to be thus far.
                        Last edited by rb1152013; 05-28-2018, 10:15 AM.

• J2H
                        J2H commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You may end up a Grunt... just so you know

• Honestly its probably really hard to find solid candidates. Then when you think you found your solid candidates and a few of them turn out to be duds. Jeez that must be disappointing.
                      Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 05-28-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
                        rb1152013 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think the same goes both ways. You think at the time a particular candidate isn’t ideal but he/she was the one who would’ve given 110% day in and day out. For example it’s aggravating to me when I hear a candidate dropped out because It was too difficult or failed out because they didn’t study which goes with what you were saying.

• There is no way to get it 100% correct all the time. Some that should make it don’t and some that shouldn’t make it do. I’d like to think they’re correct more often than not.
                      My biggest issue is the amount of time the decision takes. I feel after X amount of weeks a decision should be made. Having candidates in limbo for months is confusing to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8036 users online. 341 members and 7695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X