Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True but its A lot tricky now a days because what they do is send you a proposed disqualification letter giving you a chance to withdraw but in reality once you withdraw every law enforcement agency will know you applied and would want to know what happened. Lol the psych oral is basically what they use to disqualify candidates with character issues that may not be automatic dqs by the investigators. I find the practice is unfair because the agency uses discretion on who gets through. That's why they say each case is different.........depending on who you know or what is their judgement about you.

Comment

• The people in charge of hiring at any LE agency have a duty to find only those persons they feel will meet the needs of the force. They have no obligation to be (and actually should not be) "sensitive" to candidates with problems. Passing those candidates on, college educated or not, just leads to major problems for the job in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
        True but its A lot tricky now a days because what they do is send you a proposed disqualification letter giving you a chance to withdraw but in reality once you withdraw every law enforcement agency will know you applied and would want to know what happened. Lol the psych oral is basically what they use to disqualify candidates with character issues that may not be automatic dqs by the investigators. I find the practice is unfair because the agency uses discretion on who gets through. That's why they say each case is different.........depending on who you know or what is their judgement about you.
        You got booted for a reason. See Dinosaur 32 above.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• qaz08642
          qaz08642 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not necessary true. NYPD psychologists are like DMV driving examiners you pass or fail based on that person's mood irregardless of your skills or ability. I'm pretty sure most people who get DQ for no reason would easily get a past from a different psychologist.

• At the end of the day I'm not here to argue shadowman. Honestly I'm over qualified for the job. If we looking at credentials nearly 50 percent of the force do not even have a bachelor's degree lol. I will pursue law school next. I am currently employed with another government agency (not law enforcement). I'm just sharing my views..........psych chewed me up over background issues that are not automatic dqs. Its funny you sit down with a psychologist who acts like an investigator. At the end of the day most of the psychologists only have a master's degree. So really how reliable is their opinion? To everyone who is still sticking it out good luck I hope you guys make it. I'm a grab my shine box now.

Comment

• qaz08642
          qaz08642 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you 100% with these insensitive (usually young) psychologists. Good luck with your future endeavors.

• J2H
          J2H commented
          Editing a comment
          Butthurt much?

• This seems more about who has what level of education with you. A Psychologist is a PhD, not Masters level.

You're one of a million on here who think they are better than others and are now going to law school...just to show us how great you are.

At least we don’t have to worry that you will get a badge. With your holier than thou attitude, IA is a blink away.

Comment

• "You need a PhD not a master's to be a psychologist". That's my whole point lol look at the qualifications to be a psychologist for nypd or doc. You just need to have a master's degree.......which means you are not even a real psychologist........

Comment

• So you come to a forum with a username of college educated to complain you’re over qualified for a job that you applied for yourself? Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here?

Comment

• Just another troll. Sure is similar to a year ago or so when another troll posted the same thing...

Comment

• College.......Your level of education never determines your ability to perform as a LEO. All it shows is some ability to learn and take instruction. And at times, that does not hold true for a candidate. In an important way, the NYPD psychologists, whether holding a Masters or a PHD, are investigators.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post
                  So you come to a forum with a username of college educated to complain you’re over qualified for a job that you applied for yourself? Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here?
                  I'm going to change mine to should have joined a labor union
                  Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 05-24-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
                    True but its A lot tricky now a days because what they do is send you a proposed disqualification letter giving you a chance to withdraw but in reality once you withdraw every law enforcement agency will know you applied and would want to know what happened. Lol the psych oral is basically what they use to disqualify candidates with character issuesthat may not be automatic dqs by the investigators. I find the practice is unfair because the agency uses discretion on who gets through. That's why they say each case is different.........depending on who you know or what is their judgement about you.
                    Yup. That's precisely why you were disqualified.

I don't care if the psychologist had a Masters, PhD, took a psych class in high school, or won his certification on a lottery scratcher...he was obviously right on the money when it came to judging your suitability for law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Yup. That's precisely why you were disqualified.

I don't care if the psychologist had a Masters, PhD, took a psych class in high school, or won his certification on a lottery scratcher...he was obviously right on the money when it came to judging your suitability for law enforcement.
                      Veritas.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post
                        So you come to a forum with a username of college educated to complain you’re over qualified for a job that you applied for yourself? Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here?
                        This individuals is stating the flaws with the hiring process of this department especially the psych department. I can see why a person would get DQ for medical/ investigator/ drug test/JST. But psych is just base on luck you could be the best candidate and if the psychologist don't like the color of your shirt she can DQ you just for that.

Comment

• Many, MANY, candidates think they are the cats pajamas. Then they take a series of tests which show that coupled with historical issues, negate their catbird seat. Totality of the testing.

Why do all the applicants on here believe that posters who are DQd are actually the best selection ever? Because they say so? Ya think just maybe the poster isn't the best choice?
                          Just READ what they bitch about and how they respond...

Comment

• People put way to much emphasis on the psych. This includes the agencies. I suggest that they ditch the old ways and ask the trusty magic 8 ball.
                            Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 05-24-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5372 users online. 273 members and 5099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X