Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post has been deleted
    Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s almost always seasonal hire there lol. What they do every season is Keep the good workers and ditch the bad ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post

I'm quite skeptical about considering any job with the FDNY since I never looked to them as a viable place to establish a career I aim for. I remember a long time ago I got a call from them to take the firefighter exam but declined, since their offerings have failed to attract my interest, whether it's putting out fires or working as an EMT. And I was hardly surviving off a minimum wage, full-time job at the time. If I'm not mistaken I bet all of those men who put out flames have huge muscles--quite frankly, I just a skinny man who's not very muscular. And I have little confidence I'll be able to move quickly in a heavy fire suit.

Besides, what kinds of leadership skills can I learn from those positions?
      Soooo much to learn. You are extremely biased.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Comment

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Physical stature is important but it’s certainly not always a determining factor. Comes down to honing your craft and knowing what to do.
          Looking at your post you seem to be all over the place in terms of a career path and that’s fine. Maybe you should volunteer or travel. As someone else said teaching is a great career path if your looking to establish yourself as a leader. I still remember my 4th grade teacher who did a hell of job in trying to mold a bunch of inner city kids into respectable children. May she Rest In Peace.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          If you failed a nypd Psych u will fail a fdny psych

Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• What do female teachers have to do with being a teacher? Your posts show exactly why you should not be in any field with responsibilities or leadership requirements.

Comment

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
              not.in.MY.town commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't teach young children then. Become a high school teacher. The female:male teacher ratio at the high school level is around 60:40.

MrBigHead While it is true I did consider teaching as a career path, the teacher strikes in Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Jersey City have forced me to rethink my decision to choose it as an alternative to policing, let alone the dominance of women in the profession. As there is so much I can do with a degree in sociology, I don't have a clear idea about what kind of career would still encourage me to move out of my comfort zones and prove myself the ability to be mentally and physically tough--which are key attributes to the police occupation. And after reading through all these posts it seems like I ran out of ideas, and that concerns me a lot. Especially if I can't truly exercise the mental and physical strength I'm capable of having...
            I agree with CCCSD...and I'm going to be brutally honest: Your history of suicidal ideation aside, you are not even close to being ready for a career in law enforcement or ANY position of responsibility or public trust.

Nobody is going to hire you just to give you a chance to "prove yourself". Law enforcement can't afford to take a "sink or swim" attitude. If you "sink" out in the field it might cost you, a fellow officer or a citizen their life. Nobody wants that liability.

How about you start with a hobby or volunteer activity to get yourself to "move out of your comfort zone" and prove your "physical and mental toughness" to yourself? Or better yet, how about joining the military? That checks off all your boxes.

Comment

Comment

• Correct. Your are PDQ from the Military.

Comment

• Took my oral psych yesterday.

They requested some documents, so I’m on review. Let the waiting begin.
                  Last edited by Bronxboy; 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM.
                  NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                  List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                  CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                  Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                  Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                  Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                  BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                  JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                  Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                  Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• isle_b
                    isle_b commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Took me 4 months to get off psych review

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll be direct. Police Suicide is a Major Issue. I’d say that your chance of disqualification is very high and chances of appealing successfully are very low. I would hastily tell you not to be hopeful with any chance of passing.

I still have to wait for a call to take my oral psych. Any advice on what I should say? (Just to let you know, I had to disclose my hospitalization for suicidal thoughts from a few years ago on the written psych, even though I didn't attempt any acts of suicide). I know there's a chance I'll likely be DQ'd, but at least I told the truth and didn't hide anything.
                  Be honest and expect to provide those documents after the interview is over.
                  NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                  List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                  CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                  Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                  Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                  Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                  BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                  JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                  Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                  Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

I still have to wait for a call to take my oral psych. Any advice on what I should say? (Just to let you know, I had to disclose my hospitalization for suicidal thoughts from a few years ago on the written psych, even though I didn't attempt any acts of suicide). I know there's a chance I'll likely be DQ'd, but at least I told the truth and didn't hide anything.
                    There's a great quote I love by Rocky Balboa. "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... "

You will never get a civil service job with any law enforcement within New York or even any state. You will get disqualified from anything you put in due to your suicidal past. You're a mess. You can't decide what you want to do, but insist that you want to be a role model and impress your family. You know what I do while at work? I watch YouTube videos and Netflix. Does that make me a role model? I am a glorified report writer. Domestics, accidents, cases --you name it!

Everyone is being nice to you, but the truth is you will not be FD or PD. Find something else and stop being such a snowflake.

Comment

Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Vista
                        Vista commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thats gonna be a hard- at best burden to overcome.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7879 users online. 371 members and 7508 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X