Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question, anyone heard of any MOS (civilian) taking the PO pysch and was DQ'd?

Comment

• I recently got a notice of proposed DQ by the NYPD based on my psych evaluation.
      If I were to appeal this what should my steps be?
      And how much would the estimated costs be for a psychologist like Dr. Daley/Dr. Lerner as well as Attorneys like Kronenburg.
      Thanks a lot.

Comment

• qaz08642
        qaz08642 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who is your psychologist? If you don't remember the name do you at least remember who she looks like or what orientation her room in located?

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        qaz08642 probably best not to name names on this forum

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Daley is Cheaper, but the bitterness of poor workmanship far outlasts the sweetness of a cheap price. I have had good experiences with Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. They do a high volume of appeals. They have represented me, as well as friends in multiple jurisdictions- good results. They are very honest, straightforward and dedicated to their work.

• Try reading this thread. All those questions are answered.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Its really sad that only 41% percent of nypd have some college with no degree. The agency will find anything to disqualify candidates even with a bachelor's degree. Its like they put to much emphasis on minor infractions. My advice to anyone who is getting the run around....... get a lawyer or find another agency. I can tell you from my experience once you get a proposed dq it will follow you every where you go in law enforcement. It's funny because nobody is perfect but the agency can use their discretion with who they hire. Its really crazy because I know people who are college drop outs and got on the force. Good luck to everyone and stay motivated.....don't let these insenstive people bring you down.

Comment

• Typo *too*

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
            Its really sad that only 41% percent of nypd have some college with no degree. The agency will find anything to disqualify candidates even with a bachelor's degree. Its like they put to much emphasis on minor infractions. My advice to anyone who is getting the run around....... get a lawyer or find another agency. I can tell you from my experience once you get a proposed dq it will follow you every where you go in law enforcement. It's funny because nobody is perfect but the agency can use their discretion with who they hire. Its really crazy because I know people who are college drop outs and got on the force. Good luck to everyone and stay motivated.....don't let these insenstive people bring you down.
            Why not just apply to another agency. Who cares about getting into appeals when the reality is even if its overturned they still don't have to hire you. I personally wouldn't waste any time on it. Move forward apply elsewhere. Psych dq's usually mean you just don't fit the agency or w.e.
            Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 05-23-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Vista
              Vista commented
              Editing a comment
              Other agencies will weigh your Psych DQ from NYPD HEAVILY- Suffolk outright will DQ you over it. I recently just processed for Another local agency. They grilled me over the NYPD Psych DQ- even know mine was rescinded/voided/nullified by the NYPD after appeal, and my appeal was dismissed as moot. They held me up for a few weeks while awaiting my NYPD File but the Civil Service Commission (decides hire or not, out here) finally decided in my favor. Had i not been succesful on Appeal, id bet my bottom dollar they would not have cleared me. In fact, the mention of NYPD DQ triggered an automatic Stage 2 Evaluation with the other agency (second interview with a Psychiatrist, not a psychologist).

• LEO9
              LEO9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Vista, If you haven't been DQ'd officially by the NYPD, is it necessary to disclose that information with another agency? I mean when they ask if you've been DQ and you received an NOPD and appealed it....youre technically not DQ'd yet until you receive the actual DQ letter..correct...?

• True but its A lot tricky now a days because what they do is send you a proposed disqualification letter giving you a chance to withdraw but in reality once you withdraw every law enforcement agency will know you applied and would want to know what happened. Lol the psych oral is basically what they use to disqualify candidates with character issues that may not be automatic dqs by the investigators. I find the practice is unfair because the agency uses discretion on who gets through. That's why they say each case is different.........depending on who you know or what is their judgement about you.

Comment

• The people in charge of hiring at any LE agency have a duty to find only those persons they feel will meet the needs of the force. They have no obligation to be (and actually should not be) "sensitive" to candidates with problems. Passing those candidates on, college educated or not, just leads to major problems for the job in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeEducated View Post
                True but its A lot tricky now a days because what they do is send you a proposed disqualification letter giving you a chance to withdraw but in reality once you withdraw every law enforcement agency will know you applied and would want to know what happened. Lol the psych oral is basically what they use to disqualify candidates with character issues that may not be automatic dqs by the investigators. I find the practice is unfair because the agency uses discretion on who gets through. That's why they say each case is different.........depending on who you know or what is their judgement about you.
                You got booted for a reason. See Dinosaur 32 above.

Comment

• qaz08642
                  qaz08642 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not necessary true. NYPD psychologists are like DMV driving examiners you pass or fail based on that person's mood irregardless of your skills or ability. I'm pretty sure most people who get DQ for no reason would easily get a past from a different psychologist.

• At the end of the day I'm not here to argue shadowman. Honestly I'm over qualified for the job. If we looking at credentials nearly 50 percent of the force do not even have a bachelor's degree lol. I will pursue law school next. I am currently employed with another government agency (not law enforcement). I'm just sharing my views..........psych chewed me up over background issues that are not automatic dqs. Its funny you sit down with a psychologist who acts like an investigator. At the end of the day most of the psychologists only have a master's degree. So really how reliable is their opinion? To everyone who is still sticking it out good luck I hope you guys make it. I'm a grab my shine box now.

Comment

• qaz08642
                  qaz08642 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you 100% with these insensitive (usually young) psychologists. Good luck with your future endeavors.

• J2H
                  J2H commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Butthurt much?

• This seems more about who has what level of education with you. A Psychologist is a PhD, not Masters level.

You're one of a million on here who think they are better than others and are now going to law school...just to show us how great you are.

At least we don’t have to worry that you will get a badge. With your holier than thou attitude, IA is a blink away.

Comment

• "You need a PhD not a master's to be a psychologist". That's my whole point lol look at the qualifications to be a psychologist for nypd or doc. You just need to have a master's degree.......which means you are not even a real psychologist........

Comment

• So you come to a forum with a username of college educated to complain you’re over qualified for a job that you applied for yourself? Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here?

Comment

• Just another troll. Sure is similar to a year ago or so when another troll posted the same thing...

Comment

• College.......Your level of education never determines your ability to perform as a LEO. All it shows is some ability to learn and take instruction. And at times, that does not hold true for a candidate. In an important way, the NYPD psychologists, whether holding a Masters or a PHD, are investigators.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 306 members and 5197 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X