Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one else here that has been told to bring in extra documentations?

Comment

• Will an NYPD psychological DQ affect other employment? I just got a call for the NYC sheriff department, I passed the psychological for NYC corrections and NYS court officer.
      Exams Taken:
      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
      NYPDPC Exam 2214
      APD5- Complete
      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
        Will an NYPD psychological DQ affect other employment? I just got a call for the NYC sheriff department, I passed the psychological for NYC corrections and NYS court officer.
        Obviously it didn’t affect you if you passed the psych for those departments.
        Yonkers Police Exam
        Date: 3/26/2014
        Score: 90
        List: Zone 3
        Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
        Date: 1/9/2016
        Score: 9X.X%
        List: 1XX
        Orientation: 6/24/16
        Medical:6/24/16
        Agility:7/9/16
        Written Psych:8/2/16
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
        Date: 6/8/16
        Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• I'm a cadet applicant who has a question about the written psych exam, specifically regarding my past psychological history. I used to have suicidal thoughts when I was 18 and was hospitalized for it. I also had to take prescribed medications after that for roughly a year. Since my hospitalization was very stressful, I chose to write about this as my most stressful event at the exam--I dealt with it by simply being calm and hoping to eventually get discharged. Would that alone count against me in the process? If that's the case, what alternatives in civil service are available for me? (As of now I'm still waiting for a call for oral psych and a date to see my investigator)
          Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry, and this may be opinionated, but I can't imagine any police department would hire you because of that history. A good guy I know was immediately disqualified for admitting something similar. If that is the case, don't let it get you down again. Keep going strong as you've been doing. Sanitation could be a good place to look, and it's a great job.

• rb1152013 I once found out that you must wait years before the DSNY offers more openings, and even if they did offer them now, I would decline. Why? Because I don't think you'll learn anything useful beyond collecting waste on the curb and driving a garbage truck. In the cadets, at least I would be able to learn important leadership skills I currently lack, and IMO I won't be able to learn them from sanitation, much less be a recognizable and positive role model for the community. But let's keep in mind that others might have different perspectives, depending on the type of person.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            I won't fully disagree with you there. Sanitation is good money is all. You are serving your community just in a different way. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! Good luck finding what you're looking for

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post
          rb1152013 I once found out that you must wait years before the DSNY offers more openings, and even if they did offer them now, I would decline. Why? Because I don't think you'll learn anything useful beyond collecting waste on the curb and driving a garbage truck. In the cadets, at least I would be able to learn important leadership skills I currently lack, and IMO I won't be able to learn them from sanitation, much less be a recognizable and positive role model for the community. But let's keep in mind that others might have different perspectives, depending on the type of person.
          Lol. what? Watch how quick you change your mind when the trash piles up.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-10-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• TUNEDNIMPORTED If I can't make the cadets for whatever reason, at least I'd like to know about other jobs in which I can interact with people, serve the community, and advance through the ranks. Not only that, I also want to learn how to lead.

Comment

TUNEDNIMPORTED If I can't make the cadets for whatever reason, at least I'd like to know about other jobs in which I can interact with people, serve the community, and advance through the ranks. Not only that, I also want to learn how to lead.
              You can do all of this with almost any civil service titles.
              Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-10-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

You can do all of this with almost any civil service titles.
                Could you give me examples?
                Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Building inspector.
                  librarian.
                  parking enforcement.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Building inspector.
                    librarian.
                    parking enforcement.
                    But I'm a sociology major. And I doubt I'll be able find a true sense of "family" and belonging in any of those three positions.
                    Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013 It's that I just don't know where to go to find what I'm looking for. I looked into the police force not only as a way out of my comfort zones, but also to prove myself--and my family--that I have the strength and will to do the demands of a really tough job. Trust me, I have a clean background and have never done drugs, and I have had a high GPA in college as well. I also never drank alcohol in my entire lifetime. If you're telling me it's likely I won't make the cut due to my past suicidal thoughts, where else should I look to reveal my fullest potential and move out of my comfort zones? Tbh, sometimes I tend to frown upon less demanding careers because they make me feel "weak" compared to my peers, for lack of a better word.
                      Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

But I'm a sociology major. And I doubt I'll be able find a true sense of "family" and belonging in any of those three positions.
                        This statement shows why you aren’t going to do well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

This statement shows why you aren’t going to do well.
                          Once again, all I want is a career in which I can be a role model for the community, go above and beyond my comfort zones, and learn how to be a leader.

Comment

• ANY job can be a “role model”.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7701 users online. 367 members and 7334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X