Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post has been deleted
    Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      You must be trolling.

Comment

Comment

• Nothing is going to work for you. Sanitation isn't posh enough for you, Fdny offerings don't make you happy, too many women work in education. Nothing is good enough. There is no answer to your question. More importantly you have not considered if you would even be a good fit for the Police let alone them have things that appeal to you.

Comment

• If you want to be a role model you can do that in any job.

Comment

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Go work at a UPS warehouse...Don't even consider becoming a driver there because there's no leadership there. Start as a loader, and quickly become a supervisor within months. You'll be overwhelmed with responsibilities and leadership - that I promise you. It's very hard work. You can continue to move up and up and the higher you go the more you are responsible for.

Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s almost always seasonal hire there lol. What they do every season is Keep the good workers and ditch the bad ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post

I'm quite skeptical about considering any job with the FDNY since I never looked to them as a viable place to establish a career I aim for. I remember a long time ago I got a call from them to take the firefighter exam but declined, since their offerings have failed to attract my interest, whether it's putting out fires or working as an EMT. And I was hardly surviving off a minimum wage, full-time job at the time. If I'm not mistaken I bet all of those men who put out flames have huge muscles--quite frankly, I just a skinny man who's not very muscular. And I have little confidence I'll be able to move quickly in a heavy fire suit.

Besides, what kinds of leadership skills can I learn from those positions?
              Soooo much to learn. You are extremely biased.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Comment

• MrBigHead
                  MrBigHead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Physical stature is important but it’s certainly not always a determining factor. Comes down to honing your craft and knowing what to do.
                  Looking at your post you seem to be all over the place in terms of a career path and that’s fine. Maybe you should volunteer or travel. As someone else said teaching is a great career path if your looking to establish yourself as a leader. I still remember my 4th grade teacher who did a hell of job in trying to mold a bunch of inner city kids into respectable children. May she Rest In Peace.

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you failed a nypd Psych u will fail a fdny psych

Last edited by lara8710; 09-14-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• What do female teachers have to do with being a teacher? Your posts show exactly why you should not be in any field with responsibilities or leadership requirements.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                      not.in.MY.town commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't teach young children then. Become a high school teacher. The female:male teacher ratio at the high school level is around 60:40.

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post
                    MrBigHead While it is true I did consider teaching as a career path, the teacher strikes in Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Jersey City have forced me to rethink my decision to choose it as an alternative to policing, let alone the dominance of women in the profession. As there is so much I can do with a degree in sociology, I don't have a clear idea about what kind of career would still encourage me to move out of my comfort zones and prove myself the ability to be mentally and physically tough--which are key attributes to the police occupation. And after reading through all these posts it seems like I ran out of ideas, and that concerns me a lot. Especially if I can't truly exercise the mental and physical strength I'm capable of having...
                    I agree with CCCSD...and I'm going to be brutally honest: Your history of suicidal ideation aside, you are not even close to being ready for a career in law enforcement or ANY position of responsibility or public trust.

Nobody is going to hire you just to give you a chance to "prove yourself". Law enforcement can't afford to take a "sink or swim" attitude. If you "sink" out in the field it might cost you, a fellow officer or a citizen their life. Nobody wants that liability.

How about you start with a hobby or volunteer activity to get yourself to "move out of your comfort zone" and prove your "physical and mental toughness" to yourself? Or better yet, how about joining the military? That checks off all your boxes.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5633 users online. 407 members and 5226 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X