Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not received any word yet. Apd says it’s still processing. I’ll be calling Friday morning to my investigator. Monday I’ll call to see if it’s still processing. Hopefully I’m ok but I’ll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• I got my DQ via email. I don’t have a penny, nickel or a dime to fix this. I’m going to withdraw my application and look into being a plumber.

Comment

• Anyone else get called to take another mini-med before the previous mini-med expired? I’ve taken 2 in about 2 months.
        Called investigator he says I’m in review. Called psych they asked if i owe any paperwork because I’m still processing

Comment

• Hope4dabest
          Hope4dabest commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you been processing?

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Overall I’ve been processing for about 2yrs
          With just the psych I’ve been processing/review for 6 months

• Just got my proposed disqualification letter. What do I do next?

Comment

• Over0
          Over0 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you do your written/oral test?

• Originally posted by Mamadoubarry48 View Post
        Just got my proposed disqualification letter. What do I do next?
        withdraw and apply to a different agency, or fight it if you got the money

Comment

• just received my NOPD. Does anyone know how long it takes for the appeal process? and is everyones process different? just trying to get an idea how long the appeal process takes.

Comment

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            How long were you waiting?

• LIfinest
            LIfinest commented
            Editing a comment
            Since march of 2017

• With so many people that get DQ'ed by NYPD i wonder who they actually hire because i work in the city and see so many cops that look like straight up weirdos that have no business carrying a gun.
          Yonkers Police Exam
          Date: 3/26/2014
          Score: 90
          List: Zone 3
          Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
          Date: 1/9/2016
          Score: 9X.X%
          List: 1XX
          Orientation: 6/24/16
          Medical:6/24/16
          Agility:7/9/16
          Written Psych:8/2/16
          Oral Psych:
          PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
          Date: 6/8/16
          Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
            With so many people that get DQ'ed by NYPD i wonder who they actually hire because i work in the city and see so many cops that look like straight up weirdos that have no business carrying a gun.
            Stop bullying people.

Comment

• Took my oral psych, but on review due to some paperwork. Psychologist wants records from psychiatrist I saw 18 years ago in 5th grade for a few months, but he has retired since then. Emailed him letting him know this and awaiting a reply but figured I'd also ask here. How could I ever obtain medical records from a psychiatrist that's already retired and closed his office?

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                if you get in contact with the psychiatrist ask if the records are destroyed or if he simply sold his practice to someone else. If the records were destroyed he just has to fax over a letter to your psychologist stating that the records regarding yourself have been destroyed

• Good morning,

So even though I thought my oral psych went well, I am currently on review. I was in there for 25 mins and no paperwork was asked of me from my psychologist. I have no arrests, ect. I think i'm out because I haven't read any cases where a review resulted in being cleared later on. Anyone out there with a similar situation? I'm just trying to figure out why I might've been put on review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jro319 View Post
                Good morning,

So even though I thought my oral psych went well, I am currently on review. I was in there for 25 mins and no paperwork was asked of me from my psychologist. I have no arrests, ect. I think i'm out because I haven't read any cases where a review resulted in being cleared later on. Anyone out there with a similar situation? I'm just trying to figure out why I might've been put on review.
                Being on review doesn't automatically equate to disqualification. You took your psych about a week ago, there are people here who have been waiting months for a determination. You just gotta be patient.

Comment

• Jro319
                  Jro319 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you MrBigHead for reassurance. Hopefully I’m cleared sooner than later and make it into the April class.

• kharennn
                  kharennn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey there Jro319, did you end up getting into April's Academy?

I'm in the same boat you were in last year. Took the oral psych this past Saturday, called APD last night and I'm on psych review. I finished all exams (JST/mini-med/oral/written), completed the oral in 40 minutes or less and wasn't required to bring any additional records. Any insight and feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

• Originally posted by Jro319 View Post
                Good morning,

take more exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

Stop bullying people.
                  it all depend on the psychologist, it has nothing to do with weather your sane or not.

Comment

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well... both matter lol. You have to be sane in their eyes AND it depends on the psychologist.

• Couple questions,
                  1) Is there a difference between being on review and still processing?
                  2) If you're appealing a DQ and your exam expires, does your process officially stops regardless of appeal outcome?
                  3) Anyone else hear of psych reviewing cases on Fridays or something of that nature?

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Once you expire your dead in the water.

• MrBigHead
                    MrBigHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vista exam expires next yr but been on review for about 8 months. Wish they would make their decision already so I could at least have the option to appeal.

• 1. I was processing for about a week and then was told I’m on review (still am)

2. Don’t know sorry

3. I heard they review cases on Fridays so it’s always best to call on Mondays for updates.

Good luck.

Comment

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of the sergeant's recommended calling on Friday's because they are generally interviewing candidates monday-thursday.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8108 users online. 377 members and 7731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X