Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

If you plan on applying for any other Law Enforcement agency, you're better off clearing your name as they will see your DQ if you choose to let the 30-day response expire. Otherwise you will be on your own to BS your way out of explaining why you were DQed from the NYPD (Who is the NYSP, NCPD, etc. going to believe, you or the NYPD?)

If you plan on never becoming a LEO, then there is no point of appealing.

100% useless. If you listened during the orientation, they all stated numerous times "Don't bother taking the exam again if you are DQed" Years ago, that was the loophole to bypass a DQ without appealing. It no longer works anymore.
    What do you mean by clearing your name? They will see that regardless considering you tell them the outcome of any psychs you have taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

What do you mean by clearing your name?
      If you are DQed by any LEO (federal or state), you are officially shltlisted/blacklisted. There is a 90% chance you will never become a LEO in the NorthEast and maybe Florida (you can still become a Peace Officer however)

If you apply for any other law enforcment agency, like I said before, you are on your own to describe why you were DQed (which they will never believe you)

An NOPD is not a DQed, you are only "blacklisted" if you let the 30-day response expire without hiring a lawyer (which is stupid beyond belief). If you "clear your name", the recommendation by your psychologist becomes sealed and can no longer be looked at by another agency when they request them.

The Supervisor Psychologist's recommendations are then the only documents that can be shown to other Law Enforcement agencies, thus "your name is cleared" if the supervisor accepts you. If supervisor denies you, then you have to fight in Civil Service Commission to get your name cleared.
      Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say there's a 98% chance you will become a LEO if you have the opportunity to appeal and their ONLY reason for disqualifying you/proposed disqualifying you is the fact that you were disqualified from a previous LEO department. It's a bogus reason, and you will win that appeal every time assuming you hire a good lawyer and psychologist. However, if they picked something else up on you that's negative they will put that down on paper rather than saying "yeah we disqualified you because you were disqualified elsewehere" just to make your appeal a lot harder.

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        rb1152013 That's certainly not worth risking to deal with. Having to appeal at another agency when you had the chance to appeal at this agency. You'll end up spending the same amount of $ if not more.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well some agencies such as Port Authority Police Department the appeal process isn't as black and white as, say NYPD. Basically, my point is they need legit reasons for disqualifying you otherwise you will win the appeal

If you are DQed by any LEO (federal or state), you are officially shltlisted/blacklisted. There is a 90% chance you will never become a LEO in the NorthEast and maybe Florida (you can still become a Peace Officer however)

If you apply for any other law enforcment agency, like I said before, you are on your own to describe why you were DQed (which they will never believe you)

An NOPD is not a DQed, you are only "blacklisted" if you let the 30-day response expire without hiring a lawyer (which stupid beyond belief). If you "clear your name", the recommendation by your psychologist becomes sealed and can no longer be looked at by another agency when they request them.

The Supervisor Psychologist's recommendations are then the only documents that can be shown to other Law Enforcement agencies, thus "your name is cleared" if the supervisor accepts you. If supervisor denies you, then you have to fight in Civil Service Commission to get your name cleared.
      What about those who get a nopd and just withdraw? Still results in a blacklist?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw a video of a guy withdrawing after he got his NOPD and they put him down as: "REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: Withdrawal". So in a way on paper he was put down as being disqualified, and thus being blacklisted.

What about those who get a nopd and just withdraw? Still results in a blacklist?
      100% CORRECT. The NOPD was written and developed by lawyers to dissuade applicants from appealing. Do not fall for their atrocious scam, your name is not magically cleared if you withdraw, your psychologist's recommendation will always be there.

All you're really doing if you withdraw is just stating "Send me my DQ faster" If you don't believe me, call up any lawyer/psychiatrist and they will tell you almost exactly what I have said, "Do not withdraw"
      Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

100% CORRECT. The NOPD was written and developed by lawyers to dissuade applicants from appealing. Do not fall for their atrocious scam, your name is not magically cleared if you withdraw. All you're really doing is just stating "Send me my DQ faster" If you don't believe me, call up any lawyer/psychiatrist and they will tell you almost exactly what I have said, "Do not withdraw"
        Wait? Withdrawing means your pulling yourself from the process, why would they send someone who has withdrawn a dq?

Comment

Wait? Withdrawing means your pulling yourself from the process, why would they send someone who has withdrawn a dq?
          Listen, I know it's MEANT to be confusing on purpose so you don't appeal. Again, it was written by lawyers to be confusing:

1. You wait 30 days for DQ to come in mail. Your documents are viewable for any law enforcement agency

Or

2. You withdraw. You don't receive official DQ, but your documents are STILL viewable by any law enforcement agency once you sign away on the HIPAA form.

(They're the same exact thing on the applicant end but for #1 you are DQed and #2 you are "DQed")
          Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Listen, I know it's MEANT to be confusing on purpose. Again, it was written by lawyers to be confusing:

1. You wait 30 days for DQ to come in mail. Your documents are viewable for any law enforcement agency

Or

2. You withdraw. You don't receive official DQ, but YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE STILL VIEWABLE FOR ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

(They're the same exact thing but #1 you are DQed and #2 you are "DQed")
            Of course. That's why I tell people to continue to take exams. Sure Any other agency can see it but they will still have to process you and give you a psych. Worth a shot in my opinion. I have heard of people who have gotten on after a dq. Heck reversals dont even mean you get hired and on top of that you still have to disclose the outcome out that psych.

Comment

I have heard of people who have gotten on after a dq.
              This was true of the NYPD years ago. It is no longer true anymore. What happened before essentially was: "I got DQed, I might as well apply again." They did and CSSC stated "You have to process this person no matter what" So, the applicant gets processed again, however with a different psychologist. He/she gets accepted and now they're in. This no longer works as they came up with agreement. If you know people who have gotten on other law enforcement agencies, they're more than likely far away states or the position is a peace officer.

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
              Heck reversals dont even mean you get hired and on top of that you still have to disclose the outcome out that psych.
              I mean if you fail the Medical or the physical then thats a whole separate issue. No, ONLY, the Supervisor's decision will be disclosed to any psych if the supervisor chooses to accept. If it goes through CSSC, I believe a 2nd supervisor can be brought in or they can reuse the supervisor. Fighting through the CSSC is an absolute crapshoot, literally anything can happen.
              Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Anyone here know exactly how much in total wel be spending together lawyer+psychologist in all?. I rather save my $ than losing in appeal. Thanks!. Or anyone can show some light on their past experience with the appeal processing.thanks

Comment

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Somewhere in the $1000s (like $3000 or $5000) if supervisor accepts you. Depends mainly on on what testing has to be used by your psychiatrist or no testing at all.

I believe it can reach $8000 if it reaches CSSC with court fees and appearances.

• Thanks luke.. if we pay that kind of amount 3k to hire both lawyer and psych is it possible to win the appeal? Or theres no guarantee..

Comment

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, a majority of sucessful appeals are done through getting a Supervisor approval.

Keep in mind, your psychiatrist can at worst recommend to you should not be a police officer. If you have had record of taking medications or had counseling for whatever, and you lied. The psychiatrist you hired will see those medical/psychology records. He will then make his recommendation to you off of those records. He knows more than the psychologist thats on probation that made the recommendation against you.

You can always say "No, I would still like to continue", but you're more than likely to end up in CSSC which is an exceptionally long and expensive process.
                  Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 11:17 AM.

• Vista
                  Vista commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, its possible. See my post below

• Yes, it is possible to win an appeal. I have had good results with Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. They have a very good track record with these cases and both of them are very well-written.

This is not an issue where you want to go with a bargain basement, fly by night attorney and psych who write a quick basic report. Appeal’s take many many hours and need to be very, very thorough and concise to be effective. It’s a one-shot-deal.

And, what i have seen with many of the people who have contacted me’s writing skills- i would not dream of not being represented by a seasoned and experienced Attorney.
                Last edited by Vista; 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM.
                Problems with a psych exam?
                Have an upcoming
                PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                you make up your mind.
                WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• If you are applying to other states for LE for example in california and you withdraw your nopd wd nypd will that affect your hiring?.

Comment

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, lets just put it this way- it can only hurt you. Their certainly not going to pat you on the back and congratulate you kn the PD DQ. It’s naive to believe that by withdrawing, your file will be locked up and never disclosed. Nowhere in the withdrawal does it bind NYPD to a non-disclosure agreement. I have heard the FDNY process is just as strict.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
                    TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Totally I can only assume it would hurt but I definitely can't say its a end all situation. The only thing about these DQ's is that we will never know what percent of applicants have had a past with some sort of actual psych thing resulting in the dq. I say it never hurts to keep trying. I don't know if I can ever agree with the statement that one would be essentially banned from employment EVEN extending to FDNY. lol Its almost laughable. There is a real reason why PAPD passes different applicants and there is a big reason why you can go to another state and be treated like someone without a dq. Like I said I don't know every applicants past and some likely have major things that would be a red flag to everyone and some might have just gotten a bad call. On the note of FD I'm not sure about the specifics but its a bit different from what I have heard. Basically to sum up my rant I just think its excessive to say it really effects that much.
                    Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 02-19-2018, 11:22 AM.

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TUNEDNIMPORTED deleted...
                    Last edited by rb1152013; 03-12-2018, 01:49 PM.

• MrBigHead
                    MrBigHead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I went to a recruitment event for Atlanta PD last year. They looked over my packet and appeared to be concerned about a Facebook post from about 10yrs ago than my dq from
                    NYPD
                    Took my psych for doc in August and was cleared by December and hired in January the following year. So it might be safe to assume not every agency holds the dq in th same regard

• Another question, if I get accepted into another agency before receiving an nopd, should I still appeal it when it comes so it won’t look bad on my record or does it even matter at that point?

Comment

• LukeSW
                    LukeSW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Almost all LEO have a 1-2 year probation period. You can be terminated at any point with zero representation. Your investigator is still investigating you after you complete the academy.

Ask yourself, "Do I have the confidence to tell my investigator I was DQed from the NYPD for a BS reason?" since he/she will find out.

The more competitive a LEO position is, the more likely they're to shltcan your application/employment so you would need backing to support your argument.

• Over0
                    Over0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Luke, you’re really informative

• Vista
                    Vista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you like the other job, withdraw and don’t look back. Don’t get me wrong, NYPD is still a good job- but ask any of them, the job treats you like ****.

• I took my Oral last Wednesday and called Apd today but I was told it’s still processing. I wasn’t asked for any paperwork and it lasted around 45 minutes. The Psych mostly asked about terminations I had when I was 18-early 20s and 1 summons I received 7 years ago. I’m 30 now. Hopefully I’m ok because I’ve had the same job for 7+ years since and no trouble at all. Would appreciate advice from you all, thank you.

Comment

• Max99
                    Max99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You find out if your on psych review yet?

• ZHENG11
                    ZHENG11 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i am on the same boat as you

• Hello guys, psych told me I should be receiving a pleminary decision in a week or so via email and mail. Is this the same with psych disqualification?

Comment

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's quite possibly a proposed disqualification

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4188 users online. 169 members and 4019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X