Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning,

So even though I thought my oral psych went well, I am currently on review. I was in there for 25 mins and no paperwork was asked of me from my psychologist. I have no arrests, ect. I think i'm out because I haven't read any cases where a review resulted in being cleared later on. Anyone out there with a similar situation? I'm just trying to figure out why I might've been put on review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jro319 View Post
      Good morning,

So even though I thought my oral psych went well, I am currently on review. I was in there for 25 mins and no paperwork was asked of me from my psychologist. I have no arrests, ect. I think i'm out because I haven't read any cases where a review resulted in being cleared later on. Anyone out there with a similar situation? I'm just trying to figure out why I might've been put on review.
      Being on review doesn't automatically equate to disqualification. You took your psych about a week ago, there are people here who have been waiting months for a determination. You just gotta be patient.

Comment

• Jro319
        Jro319 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you MrBigHead for reassurance. Hopefully I’m cleared sooner than later and make it into the April class.

• kharennn
        kharennn commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there Jro319, did you end up getting into April's Academy?

I'm in the same boat you were in last year. Took the oral psych this past Saturday, called APD last night and I'm on psych review. I finished all exams (JST/mini-med/oral/written), completed the oral in 40 minutes or less and wasn't required to bring any additional records. Any insight and feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

• Originally posted by Jro319 View Post
      Good morning,

take more exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

Stop bullying people.
        it all depend on the psychologist, it has nothing to do with weather your sane or not.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          well... both matter lol. You have to be sane in their eyes AND it depends on the psychologist.

• Couple questions,
        1) Is there a difference between being on review and still processing?
        2) If you're appealing a DQ and your exam expires, does your process officially stops regardless of appeal outcome?
        3) Anyone else hear of psych reviewing cases on Fridays or something of that nature?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Once you expire your dead in the water.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista exam expires next yr but been on review for about 8 months. Wish they would make their decision already so I could at least have the option to appeal.

• 1. I was processing for about a week and then was told I’m on review (still am)

2. Don’t know sorry

3. I heard they review cases on Fridays so it’s always best to call on Mondays for updates.

Good luck.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the sergeant's recommended calling on Friday's because they are generally interviewing candidates monday-thursday.

• Any one else here that has been told to bring in extra documentations?

Comment

• Will an NYPD psychological DQ affect other employment? I just got a call for the NYC sheriff department, I passed the psychological for NYC corrections and NYS court officer.
          Exams Taken:
          NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
          NYPDPC Exam 2214
          APD5- Complete
          Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
          Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
          Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
            Will an NYPD psychological DQ affect other employment? I just got a call for the NYC sheriff department, I passed the psychological for NYC corrections and NYS court officer.
            Obviously it didn’t affect you if you passed the psych for those departments.
            Yonkers Police Exam
            Date: 3/26/2014
            Score: 90
            List: Zone 3
            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
            Date: 1/9/2016
            Score: 9X.X%
            List: 1XX
            Orientation: 6/24/16
            Medical:6/24/16
            Agility:7/9/16
            Written Psych:8/2/16
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
            Date: 6/8/16
            Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• I'm a cadet applicant who has a question about the written psych exam, specifically regarding my past psychological history. I used to have suicidal thoughts when I was 18 and was hospitalized for it. I also had to take prescribed medications after that for roughly a year. Since my hospitalization was very stressful, I chose to write about this as my most stressful event at the exam--I dealt with it by simply being calm and hoping to eventually get discharged. Would that alone count against me in the process? If that's the case, what alternatives in civil service are available for me? (As of now I'm still waiting for a call for oral psych and a date to see my investigator)
              Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sorry, and this may be opinionated, but I can't imagine any police department would hire you because of that history. A good guy I know was immediately disqualified for admitting something similar. If that is the case, don't let it get you down again. Keep going strong as you've been doing. Sanitation could be a good place to look, and it's a great job.

• rb1152013 I once found out that you must wait years before the DSNY offers more openings, and even if they did offer them now, I would decline. Why? Because I don't think you'll learn anything useful beyond collecting waste on the curb and driving a garbage truck. In the cadets, at least I would be able to learn important leadership skills I currently lack, and IMO I won't be able to learn them from sanitation, much less be a recognizable and positive role model for the community. But let's keep in mind that others might have different perspectives, depending on the type of person.

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                I won't fully disagree with you there. Sanitation is good money is all. You are serving your community just in a different way. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! Good luck finding what you're looking for

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post
              rb1152013 I once found out that you must wait years before the DSNY offers more openings, and even if they did offer them now, I would decline. Why? Because I don't think you'll learn anything useful beyond collecting waste on the curb and driving a garbage truck. In the cadets, at least I would be able to learn important leadership skills I currently lack, and IMO I won't be able to learn them from sanitation, much less be a recognizable and positive role model for the community. But let's keep in mind that others might have different perspectives, depending on the type of person.
              Lol. what? Watch how quick you change your mind when the trash piles up.
              Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-10-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• TUNEDNIMPORTED If I can't make the cadets for whatever reason, at least I'd like to know about other jobs in which I can interact with people, serve the community, and advance through the ranks. Not only that, I also want to learn how to lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by lara8710 View Post
                  TUNEDNIMPORTED If I can't make the cadets for whatever reason, at least I'd like to know about other jobs in which I can interact with people, serve the community, and advance through the ranks. Not only that, I also want to learn how to lead.
                  You can do all of this with almost any civil service titles.
                  Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-10-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

You can do all of this with almost any civil service titles.
                    Could you give me examples?
                    Last edited by lara8710; 04-10-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5696 users online. 406 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X