Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes we go off what we are told in a person's background.. Selection ultimately resides with the agency
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Most of these forums are useless, only certain people have good info. But this really gets out of hand. They start fighting on here, like babies. But for the most part I like the job as of now.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        If they would only scroll back- thousands of pages from years ago. I write a long summation......

• Hello guys, who knows the director of the psychology. Department Email address? Her name is Heather Jonas

Comment

• Hello all, what does it mean when they tell you that your oral psych is still "processing" couldn't get a straight answer from whoever I was speaking to. Thank you

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        It means that for one reason or another, there has not been a decision. Who are you asking and how long has it been?

• Sinyprospect
        Sinyprospect commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I called APD & dialed 3. Met with doc 5 days ago.

• If you are asked for paperwork and all your documents you submit prove you're clean, does that guarantee you will pass the psych? Or will it get reviewed by several psychologists?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are no guarantee's ever with psych

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        If you had to submit paperwork then it'll have to be reviewed and you will placed on review. Could be on review for 1 day,1 week,1 month there's really no timetable. Being on review is not a guaranteed disqualification. Keep in mind the psych is a combination of written and oral. Your documents may prove you to be clean but the way you answered the written my prove otherwise. Your responses may have you categorized with certain personality/psychological traits that are unfavorable etc.
        Hope for the best prepare the worst. Wish you the best

• FERNAND001
        FERNAND001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks MrBigHead. Have you been cleared yet?

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Still processing

• Hello everyone, I just want to ask, has anyone here every had their psych interview with a psychologist last name I believe is Appel? I was only able to get a quick look at the sheet where i was being logged into for the oral psych. If anyone has any information about this psychologist it would be very helpful. even advice on the oral psych such as what they will ask you, will they go over specific questions on the written psych, etc. anything will help. thank you!

Comment

• that1intern
        that1intern commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of things did he request from you? I have an interview with him on Monday

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        He requested my psych file from DOC which is perfectly understandable. The issue was he wanted me to send them to him. I already knew that wasn't going to happen but I tried anyway. I told him they wouldn't release the files to me and he would have to request them. At which point he basically told me he doesn't know how to request the them lol that made no sense to me. I think my investigator stepped in and got what he needed

• that1intern
        that1intern commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh alright, were you cleared after your investigator stepp d in? Is there any advice or anything I should watch out for with this psychologist? I have never seen another psychologist or went for any psych help before so I don’t know what I would be able to do if he asks me to send him any psych documents... I only have a few summons that were either paid or dismissed and that’s it... thanks for all your help!

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        If you never saw a psych then there’s no psych documents to request. He requested mine because I processed with another department and took a psych exam
        If you’re looking for advice like when they ask you xyz say this and when they ask you abc say this, it’s not gonnna happen. The questions they ask are based off of the information you’ve provided them throughout the process. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re asked about the summonses. My advice is only give them what they ask for but give them the truth. Regardless of what he’s not your friend or enemy. He’s there to conduct a interview/evaluation of you.

• Just found out I'm on psych review...no documents requested of me..no documents requested of my investigator..the reason? He simply just wants to keep my case on review until he decides...Finished every other step and was ready to be hired for cadets in 2 weeks. Sucks

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        He made his decision. Likely now up to his supervisors

• Sinyprospect
        Sinyprospect commented
        Editing a comment
        Pm sent thank you
        Last edited by Sinyprospect; 02-01-2018, 10:47 PM.

• Originally posted by that1intern View Post
      Hello everyone, I just want to ask, has anyone here every had their psych interview with a psychologist last name I believe is Appel? I was only able to get a quick look at the sheet where i was being logged into for the oral psych. If anyone has any information about this psychologist it would be very helpful. even advice on the oral psych such as what they will ask you, will they go over specific questions on the written psych, etc. anything will help. thank you!
      smart. Use their name. They watch this forum you know

Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• that1intern
        that1intern commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh thanks. Your advice and information was very helpful.

• isle_b
        isle_b commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't be interested in using any of those doctors with all of the grammatical errors in their ad.

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        isle_b Did you bother to find out Dr. Lerner's success rate?

• Very general questions but I’m not too familiar with this psych review. Do a lot of people typically get put on review? If so, do a lot typically get cleared or is this their way or thinning out the herd?

Comment

• Went for my oral psych yesterday and was not asked to give any documents/paperwork or anything after the interview, does this mean I passed my psych since I didn’t have to give in any paperwork? Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

• FERNAND001
          FERNAND001 commented
          Editing a comment
          That doesnt guarantee anything. Just call them next week

• Just receive my nopd today,waited since november2016.exam4328 list4** should i try to appeal my case?. Any suggestion what i do next.

Comment

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Over a year on review!?!? That’s a damn shame. Not sure how old you are but I’ve heard some suggest waiting a couple yrs and retesting.
          I used Kronenberg to appeal my character dq. I was satisfied with his service.

• NYC01
          NYC01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mrbighead ill be turning 34 this year. I dont know if i should appeal my nopd. Itll take another year for waiting in appeal process so i might withdraw. It took that 1 year for them to send me nopd oh well. I have a clean background, no criminal records, no moving violation nothing. Former Army nyng and a bachelors degree in nursing. I might proceed in nursing take nclex and pass it.wish everyone the best. Lets move on!

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Check and see when your exam expires. I'm from 4300 and I believe it expires 12/2019 so you may have about 2yrs left. I just wish a decision would be made because I'm still being scheduled for mini-meds, jst. It is costly to appeal, so I don't blame you if you decide to pass

• NYC01
          NYC01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr bighead my exam expires 2020..on you case you still have alot of chance because your in R1 category which means eventhough your stil in review you can continue with the process. My was RR which is supervisory view cannot continue.So goodluck bro. I dont wana waste money and time and still be dq in the end.

• Who should i contact Dr robert daley?, dr kevin sheerrin or Mr kronenberg?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC01 View Post
          Who should i contact Dr robert daley?, dr kevin sheerrin or Mr kronenberg?
          Any lawyer+psychiatrist combinations who have successfully appealled NYPD cases. Preferably the combination that are closest to you in distance.

Don't fall for the NOPD scam which is to hire a psychologist and write your own appeal (you will lose immediately for not writing the exact appeal). YOU NEED THE LAWYER.

Comment

• I’ve been on review since February 2017 and will probably receive an nopd sometime soon. Is it worth it to appeal an nopd or should I just take the next exam and try again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Over0 View Post
              Is it worth it to appeal an nopd

If you plan on applying for any other Law Enforcement agency, you're better off clearing your name as they will see your DQ if you choose to let the 30-day response expire. Otherwise you will be on your own to BS your way out of explaining why you were DQed from the NYPD (Who is the NYSP, NCPD, etc. going to believe, you or the NYPD?)

If you plan on never becoming a LEO, then there is no point of appealing.

Originally posted by Over0 View Post
              or should I just take the next exam and try again?
              100% useless. If you listened during the orientation, they all stated numerous times "Don't bother taking the exam again if you are DQed" Years ago, that was the loophole to bypass a DQ without appealing. It no longer works anymore. (That's probably how those recent NYPD officers who were arrested & fired for felonies got accepted.....)

My advice for you is to just wait for your NOPD. Don't bother calling up any lawyers, they won't listen to you unless you have it in hand.
              Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Ajh4
                Ajh4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Where are you getting this information from? I know plenty of people who have been put on psych review/dq'd from the nypd and found other jobs in the north east. I actually know of someone being psych dq'd by the nypd and then got on to nysp. Your info is flat out wrong.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8176 users online. 380 members and 7796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X