Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supervisory review means your documents already pass to the supervisor for a final decision which is pass or disqual.

Comment

• Can someone explain what a preliminary decision is ? And how does it effect your file.. bad or good Only asking cause people on the trainee forums ask and really even I don’t know how to explain to them. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hey all, I’m currently on hold with psych pending a review - debating on placing a withdrawal as I don’t want to risk a DQ. My impression is that a DQ could negatively effect me in other potential jobs (Nassau/Suffolk county). Is this true? Is it smart for me to just withdraw? If I did continue on and end up getting DQd, will it hinder me on future job placements?

thanks in advance.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Withdrawal dods not help, they will get the records and see the issues / you were gonna be DQ.

• Originally posted by Origins5 View Post
        Hey all, I’m currently on hold with psych pending a review - debating on placing a withdrawal as I don’t want to risk a DQ. My impression is that a DQ could negatively effect me in other potential jobs (Nassau/Suffolk county). Is this true? Is it smart for me to just withdraw? If I did continue on and end up getting DQd, will it hinder me on future job placements?

thanks in advance.
        I don't think it would really make a difference. You would still have to say : Yes I have attended a psych in the past. You would also have to tell them the outcome : I withdrew . They will ask why. Also why withdraw so soon? Your on hold PENDING a review correct?? Why do you think you will be a dq?
        Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 01-11-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Origins5
          Origins5 commented
          Editing a comment
          in preservation of my other potential opportunities. I wouldnt want to risk compromising my chances with Suffolk or Nassau. Perhaps it’s silly, but it was my first inclination.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
          TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
          Editing a comment
          So there is some talk about it bothering other processes but the general thing I stress to people is that you will be given a separate psych for whatever agency you apply to. I dont know anything about your background so I cant nor can anybody else give you a definite yes or no. Which is why I would incline you to ride out the nypd process. Mind you your already on hold so withdrawing will still result in you explaining that to another psych when that happens. best of luck. Other people on here might disagree but with you not having any judgement yet...as of right now you aren't in a bad spot, not a great spot but mind you its not terrible.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 01-11-2018, 02:06 PM.

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly; While each agency will do their own testing, your prior psych records will weigh in. Suffolk in particular has been known to DQ candidates who failed NYPD Psych exams. Best thing to do is wait it out and appeal if necessry- not only can you correct the record, you will be affordrd the oppurtunity to review your records so you can present your properly in future psych exams.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
          TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for clarifying vista.

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

I don't think it would really make a difference. You would still have to say : Yes I have attended a psych in the past. You would also have to tell them the outcome : I withdrew . They will ask why. Also why withdraw so soon? Your on hold PENDING a review correct?? Why do you think you will be a dq?
        can you explain what a preliminary decision is ? and how would that affect your case?

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          It means they made a decision but is not final.

• Brooklynsfinest93
          Brooklynsfinest93 commented
          Editing a comment
          So basically it’s neither good or bad lol

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

can you explain what a preliminary decision is ? and how would that affect your case?
        I dont know.. I'm sure someone here can answer it for you.

Comment

• You probably need to stop posting responses on here. They are asking for informed replies, not guesses.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Lol I mean your on the forums answering questions about psych so I assume you knew but ok thanks anyways and CCCSD thanks, good to see you still on the forums

Comment

• fd3030
              fd3030 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just make sure you take in to account the persons sources regarding their answers. It's best to ask someone that has gone through something similar. If you need anything, you can pm me

• Brooklynsfinest93
              Editing a comment
              Of course, I appreciate the response but I’m asking what is a preliminary decision and how does it effect a candidates case either good or bad standing, I’m only asking cause so many people always ask about it and no one really answers it

• CCCSD
              CCCSD commented
              Editing a comment
              Ask Vista. He’s the only candidate who can answer most of these questions.

• Brooklynsfinest93
              Editing a comment
              Copy CCCSD I already sent vista a mesage but thank you again.

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
            Lol I mean your on the forums answering questions about psych so I assume you knew but ok thanks anyways and CCCSD thanks, good to see you still on the forums
            nah sorry to have confused anyone. I really only know what I have experienced or read here. best of luck.
            Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 01-11-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Also am I the only one from the 4300 series that’s still processing or is there some left ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

nah sorry to have confused anyone. I really only know what I have experienced or read here. best of luck.
                This is WHY you and others who are not OTJ shouldn’t be answering on here. You are spreading confusion.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Im one of the 4300s series exam4328 here still on psych review from nov of 2016. Still waiting. Never got a nopd yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC01 View Post
                    Im one of the 4300s series exam4328 here still on psych review from nov of 2016. Still waiting. Never got a nopd yet.
                    Whoa ? 2016??? Still nothing at this point ? Lol that’s crazy did your psych requested anything from you or did you contact psych services for a response or did they tell you what they told everyone else that a preliminary decision was made and someone had to review it for consistency?

Comment

• NYC01
                      NYC01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My psych requested my college transcript and my dd214 form so i gave it to her after the oral interview she accept it and she ask if i contact my investgtor. I received from emailed from her that. A preliminary decision was made blahh blah on march2016. Until now nothing. This is a waiting game perhaps. Think positive. Im the force and force is with me.hehe

• MrBigHead
                      MrBigHead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Also from the 4300s. Exam4300 exactly

• Brooklynsfinest93
                      Editing a comment
                      Ohhh ok we’ll since I’m graduating this May with my bachelors might as well reopen my case for 4323 and process lol but ok honestly I wouldn’t stress it, hope for the best and keep on doing you. And glad to see some old heads from fhe 4300’s still around

• Brooklynsfinest93
                      Editing a comment
                      I do hope that we all make it but this job ain’t for everyone and this process is ment to pick certain people for the job but for What it’s worth fellas keep me updated on your process, I have to redo my medical over in March since I withdrew.

• For those who got a DQ how long did it take to get the notice?

Comment

• What’s up, I used to be on this site for days hours scrolling back to see if anyone was in the same situation, some days I wasn’t sleeping . This site is very good, but it gets out of hand. I had numerous people tell me I ain’t making it. I got into July 2017 academy and now I work in Brooklyn north. Everyone good luck.

Comment

• Hope4dabest
                        Hope4dabest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is huge congrats man... my friend who graduated in June2017 told me these forums are BS and tells me I’ll be just fine with my Psych..... Bless Up fam

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8782 users online. 461 members and 8321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X