Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks luke.. if we pay that kind of amount 3k to hire both lawyer and psych is it possible to win the appeal? Or theres no guarantee..

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a majority of sucessful appeals are done through getting a Supervisor approval.

Keep in mind, your psychiatrist can at worst recommend to you should not be a police officer. If you have had record of taking medications or had counseling for whatever, and you lied. The psychiatrist you hired will see those medical/psychology records. He will then make his recommendation to you off of those records. He knows more than the psychologist thats on probation that made the recommendation against you.

You can always say "No, I would still like to continue", but you're more than likely to end up in CSSC which is an exceptionally long and expensive process.
      Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 11:17 AM.

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, its possible. See my post below

• Yes, it is possible to win an appeal. I have had good results with Rob Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. They have a very good track record with these cases and both of them are very well-written.

This is not an issue where you want to go with a bargain basement, fly by night attorney and psych who write a quick basic report. Appeal’s take many many hours and need to be very, very thorough and concise to be effective. It’s a one-shot-deal.

And, what i have seen with many of the people who have contacted me’s writing skills- i would not dream of not being represented by a seasoned and experienced Attorney.
    Last edited by Vista; 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM.
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• If you are applying to other states for LE for example in california and you withdraw your nopd wd nypd will that affect your hiring?.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, lets just put it this way- it can only hurt you. Their certainly not going to pat you on the back and congratulate you kn the PD DQ. It’s naive to believe that by withdrawing, your file will be locked up and never disclosed. Nowhere in the withdrawal does it bind NYPD to a non-disclosure agreement. I have heard the FDNY process is just as strict.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
        TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally I can only assume it would hurt but I definitely can't say its a end all situation. The only thing about these DQ's is that we will never know what percent of applicants have had a past with some sort of actual psych thing resulting in the dq. I say it never hurts to keep trying. I don't know if I can ever agree with the statement that one would be essentially banned from employment EVEN extending to FDNY. lol Its almost laughable. There is a real reason why PAPD passes different applicants and there is a big reason why you can go to another state and be treated like someone without a dq. Like I said I don't know every applicants past and some likely have major things that would be a red flag to everyone and some might have just gotten a bad call. On the note of FD I'm not sure about the specifics but its a bit different from what I have heard. Basically to sum up my rant I just think its excessive to say it really effects that much.
        Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 02-19-2018, 11:22 AM.

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        TUNEDNIMPORTED deleted...
        Last edited by rb1152013; 03-12-2018, 01:49 PM.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        I went to a recruitment event for Atlanta PD last year. They looked over my packet and appeared to be concerned about a Facebook post from about 10yrs ago than my dq from
        NYPD
        Took my psych for doc in August and was cleared by December and hired in January the following year. So it might be safe to assume not every agency holds the dq in th same regard

• Another question, if I get accepted into another agency before receiving an nopd, should I still appeal it when it comes so it won’t look bad on my record or does it even matter at that point?

Comment

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost all LEO have a 1-2 year probation period. You can be terminated at any point with zero representation. Your investigator is still investigating you after you complete the academy.

Ask yourself, "Do I have the confidence to tell my investigator I was DQed from the NYPD for a BS reason?" since he/she will find out.

The more competitive a LEO position is, the more likely they're to shltcan your application/employment so you would need backing to support your argument.

• Over0
        Over0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Luke, you’re really informative

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        If you like the other job, withdraw and don’t look back. Don’t get me wrong, NYPD is still a good job- but ask any of them, the job treats you like ****.

• I took my Oral last Wednesday and called Apd today but I was told it’s still processing. I wasn’t asked for any paperwork and it lasted around 45 minutes. The Psych mostly asked about terminations I had when I was 18-early 20s and 1 summons I received 7 years ago. I’m 30 now. Hopefully I’m ok because I’ve had the same job for 7+ years since and no trouble at all. Would appreciate advice from you all, thank you.

Comment

• Max99
        Max99 commented
        Editing a comment
        You find out if your on psych review yet?

• ZHENG11
        ZHENG11 commented
        Editing a comment
        i am on the same boat as you

• Hello guys, psych told me I should be receiving a pleminary decision in a week or so via email and mail. Is this the same with psych disqualification?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's quite possibly a proposed disqualification

• I have not received any word yet. Apd says it’s still processing. I’ll be calling Friday morning to my investigator. Monday I’ll call to see if it’s still processing. Hopefully I’m ok but I’ll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• I got my DQ via email. I don’t have a penny, nickel or a dime to fix this. I’m going to withdraw my application and look into being a plumber.

Comment

• Anyone else get called to take another mini-med before the previous mini-med expired? I’ve taken 2 in about 2 months.
          Called investigator he says I’m in review. Called psych they asked if i owe any paperwork because I’m still processing

Comment

• Hope4dabest
            Hope4dabest commented
            Editing a comment
            How long you been processing?

• MrBigHead
            MrBigHead commented
            Editing a comment
            Overall I’ve been processing for about 2yrs
            With just the psych I’ve been processing/review for 6 months

• Just got my proposed disqualification letter. What do I do next?

Comment

• Over0
            Over0 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you do your written/oral test?

• Originally posted by Mamadoubarry48 View Post
          Just got my proposed disqualification letter. What do I do next?
          withdraw and apply to a different agency, or fight it if you got the money

Comment

• just received my NOPD. Does anyone know how long it takes for the appeal process? and is everyones process different? just trying to get an idea how long the appeal process takes.

Comment

• MrBigHead
              MrBigHead commented
              Editing a comment
              How long were you waiting?

• LIfinest
              LIfinest commented
              Editing a comment
              Since march of 2017

• With so many people that get DQ'ed by NYPD i wonder who they actually hire because i work in the city and see so many cops that look like straight up weirdos that have no business carrying a gun.
            Yonkers Police Exam
            Date: 3/26/2014
            Score: 90
            List: Zone 3
            Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
            Date: 1/9/2016
            Score: 9X.X%
            List: 1XX
            Orientation: 6/24/16
            Medical:6/24/16
            Agility:7/9/16
            Written Psych:8/2/16
            Oral Psych:
            PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
            Date: 6/8/16
            Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyk20z3 View Post
              With so many people that get DQ'ed by NYPD i wonder who they actually hire because i work in the city and see so many cops that look like straight up weirdos that have no business carrying a gun.
              Stop bullying people.

Comment

• Took my oral psych, but on review due to some paperwork. Psychologist wants records from psychiatrist I saw 18 years ago in 5th grade for a few months, but he has retired since then. Emailed him letting him know this and awaiting a reply but figured I'd also ask here. How could I ever obtain medical records from a psychiatrist that's already retired and closed his office?

Comment

• rb1152013
                  rb1152013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  if you get in contact with the psychiatrist ask if the records are destroyed or if he simply sold his practice to someone else. If the records were destroyed he just has to fax over a letter to your psychologist stating that the records regarding yourself have been destroyed

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3154 users online. 200 members and 2954 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X