Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for my oral psych yesterday and was not asked to give any documents/paperwork or anything after the interview, does this mean I passed my psych since I didn’t have to give in any paperwork? Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

• FERNAND001
      FERNAND001 commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesnt guarantee anything. Just call them next week

• Just receive my nopd today,waited since november2016.exam4328 list4** should i try to appeal my case?. Any suggestion what i do next.

Comment

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Over a year on review!?!? That’s a damn shame. Not sure how old you are but I’ve heard some suggest waiting a couple yrs and retesting.
      I used Kronenberg to appeal my character dq. I was satisfied with his service.

• NYC01
      NYC01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mrbighead ill be turning 34 this year. I dont know if i should appeal my nopd. Itll take another year for waiting in appeal process so i might withdraw. It took that 1 year for them to send me nopd oh well. I have a clean background, no criminal records, no moving violation nothing. Former Army nyng and a bachelors degree in nursing. I might proceed in nursing take nclex and pass it.wish everyone the best. Lets move on!

• MrBigHead
      MrBigHead commented
      Editing a comment
      Check and see when your exam expires. I'm from 4300 and I believe it expires 12/2019 so you may have about 2yrs left. I just wish a decision would be made because I'm still being scheduled for mini-meds, jst. It is costly to appeal, so I don't blame you if you decide to pass

• NYC01
      NYC01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr bighead my exam expires 2020..on you case you still have alot of chance because your in R1 category which means eventhough your stil in review you can continue with the process. My was RR which is supervisory view cannot continue.So goodluck bro. I dont wana waste money and time and still be dq in the end.

• Who should i contact Dr robert daley?, dr kevin sheerrin or Mr kronenberg?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC01 View Post
      Who should i contact Dr robert daley?, dr kevin sheerrin or Mr kronenberg?
      Any lawyer+psychiatrist combinations who have successfully appealled NYPD cases. Preferably the combination that are closest to you in distance.

Don't fall for the NOPD scam which is to hire a psychologist and write your own appeal (you will lose immediately for not writing the exact appeal). YOU NEED THE LAWYER.

Comment

• I’ve been on review since February 2017 and will probably receive an nopd sometime soon. Is it worth it to appeal an nopd or should I just take the next exam and try again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Over0 View Post
          Is it worth it to appeal an nopd

If you plan on applying for any other Law Enforcement agency, you're better off clearing your name as they will see your DQ if you choose to let the 30-day response expire. Otherwise you will be on your own to BS your way out of explaining why you were DQed from the NYPD (Who is the NYSP, NCPD, etc. going to believe, you or the NYPD?)

If you plan on never becoming a LEO, then there is no point of appealing.

Originally posted by Over0 View Post
          or should I just take the next exam and try again?
          100% useless. If you listened during the orientation, they all stated numerous times "Don't bother taking the exam again if you are DQed" Years ago, that was the loophole to bypass a DQ without appealing. It no longer works anymore. (That's probably how those recent NYPD officers who were arrested & fired for felonies got accepted.....)

My advice for you is to just wait for your NOPD. Don't bother calling up any lawyers, they won't listen to you unless you have it in hand.
          Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Ajh4
            Ajh4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you getting this information from? I know plenty of people who have been put on psych review/dq'd from the nypd and found other jobs in the north east. I actually know of someone being psych dq'd by the nypd and then got on to nysp. Your info is flat out wrong.

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

If you plan on applying for any other Law Enforcement agency, you're better off clearing your name as they will see your DQ if you choose to let the 30-day response expire. Otherwise you will be on your own to BS your way out of explaining why you were DQed from the NYPD (Who is the NYSP, NCPD, etc. going to believe, you or the NYPD?)

If you plan on never becoming a LEO, then there is no point of appealing.

100% useless. If you listened during the orientation, they all stated numerous times "Don't bother taking the exam again if you are DQed" Years ago, that was the loophole to bypass a DQ without appealing. It no longer works anymore.
          What do you mean by clearing your name? They will see that regardless considering you tell them the outcome of any psychs you have taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

What do you mean by clearing your name?
            If you are DQed by any LEO (federal or state), you are officially shltlisted/blacklisted. There is a 90% chance you will never become a LEO in the NorthEast and maybe Florida (you can still become a Peace Officer however)

If you apply for any other law enforcment agency, like I said before, you are on your own to describe why you were DQed (which they will never believe you)

An NOPD is not a DQed, you are only "blacklisted" if you let the 30-day response expire without hiring a lawyer (which is stupid beyond belief). If you "clear your name", the recommendation by your psychologist becomes sealed and can no longer be looked at by another agency when they request them.

The Supervisor Psychologist's recommendations are then the only documents that can be shown to other Law Enforcement agencies, thus "your name is cleared" if the supervisor accepts you. If supervisor denies you, then you have to fight in Civil Service Commission to get your name cleared.
            Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd say there's a 98% chance you will become a LEO if you have the opportunity to appeal and their ONLY reason for disqualifying you/proposed disqualifying you is the fact that you were disqualified from a previous LEO department. It's a bogus reason, and you will win that appeal every time assuming you hire a good lawyer and psychologist. However, if they picked something else up on you that's negative they will put that down on paper rather than saying "yeah we disqualified you because you were disqualified elsewehere" just to make your appeal a lot harder.

• LukeSW
              LukeSW commented
              Editing a comment
              rb1152013 That's certainly not worth risking to deal with. Having to appeal at another agency when you had the chance to appeal at this agency. You'll end up spending the same amount of $ if not more.

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well some agencies such as Port Authority Police Department the appeal process isn't as black and white as, say NYPD. Basically, my point is they need legit reasons for disqualifying you otherwise you will win the appeal

If you are DQed by any LEO (federal or state), you are officially shltlisted/blacklisted. There is a 90% chance you will never become a LEO in the NorthEast and maybe Florida (you can still become a Peace Officer however)

If you apply for any other law enforcment agency, like I said before, you are on your own to describe why you were DQed (which they will never believe you)

An NOPD is not a DQed, you are only "blacklisted" if you let the 30-day response expire without hiring a lawyer (which stupid beyond belief). If you "clear your name", the recommendation by your psychologist becomes sealed and can no longer be looked at by another agency when they request them.

The Supervisor Psychologist's recommendations are then the only documents that can be shown to other Law Enforcement agencies, thus "your name is cleared" if the supervisor accepts you. If supervisor denies you, then you have to fight in Civil Service Commission to get your name cleared.
            What about those who get a nopd and just withdraw? Still results in a blacklist?

Comment

• rb1152013
              rb1152013 commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw a video of a guy withdrawing after he got his NOPD and they put him down as: "REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: Withdrawal". So in a way on paper he was put down as being disqualified, and thus being blacklisted.

What about those who get a nopd and just withdraw? Still results in a blacklist?
            100% CORRECT. The NOPD was written and developed by lawyers to dissuade applicants from appealing. Do not fall for their atrocious scam, your name is not magically cleared if you withdraw, your psychologist's recommendation will always be there.

All you're really doing if you withdraw is just stating "Send me my DQ faster" If you don't believe me, call up any lawyer/psychiatrist and they will tell you almost exactly what I have said, "Do not withdraw"
            Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

100% CORRECT. The NOPD was written and developed by lawyers to dissuade applicants from appealing. Do not fall for their atrocious scam, your name is not magically cleared if you withdraw. All you're really doing is just stating "Send me my DQ faster" If you don't believe me, call up any lawyer/psychiatrist and they will tell you almost exactly what I have said, "Do not withdraw"
              Wait? Withdrawing means your pulling yourself from the process, why would they send someone who has withdrawn a dq?

Comment

Wait? Withdrawing means your pulling yourself from the process, why would they send someone who has withdrawn a dq?
                Listen, I know it's MEANT to be confusing on purpose so you don't appeal. Again, it was written by lawyers to be confusing:

1. You wait 30 days for DQ to come in mail. Your documents are viewable for any law enforcement agency

Or

2. You withdraw. You don't receive official DQ, but your documents are STILL viewable by any law enforcement agency once you sign away on the HIPAA form.

(They're the same exact thing on the applicant end but for #1 you are DQed and #2 you are "DQed")
                Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Listen, I know it's MEANT to be confusing on purpose. Again, it was written by lawyers to be confusing:

1. You wait 30 days for DQ to come in mail. Your documents are viewable for any law enforcement agency

Or

2. You withdraw. You don't receive official DQ, but YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE STILL VIEWABLE FOR ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

(They're the same exact thing but #1 you are DQed and #2 you are "DQed")
                  Of course. That's why I tell people to continue to take exams. Sure Any other agency can see it but they will still have to process you and give you a psych. Worth a shot in my opinion. I have heard of people who have gotten on after a dq. Heck reversals dont even mean you get hired and on top of that you still have to disclose the outcome out that psych.

Comment

I have heard of people who have gotten on after a dq.
                    This was true of the NYPD years ago. It is no longer true anymore. What happened before essentially was: "I got DQed, I might as well apply again." They did and CSSC stated "You have to process this person no matter what" So, the applicant gets processed again, however with a different psychologist. He/she gets accepted and now they're in. This no longer works as they came up with agreement. If you know people who have gotten on other law enforcement agencies, they're more than likely far away states or the position is a peace officer.

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
                    Heck reversals dont even mean you get hired and on top of that you still have to disclose the outcome out that psych.
                    I mean if you fail the Medical or the physical then thats a whole separate issue. No, ONLY, the Supervisor's decision will be disclosed to any psych if the supervisor chooses to accept. If it goes through CSSC, I believe a 2nd supervisor can be brought in or they can reuse the supervisor. Fighting through the CSSC is an absolute crapshoot, literally anything can happen.
                    Last edited by LukeSW; 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Anyone here know exactly how much in total wel be spending together lawyer+psychologist in all?. I rather save my $ than losing in appeal. Thanks!. Or anyone can show some light on their past experience with the appeal processing.thanks

Comment

• LukeSW
                        LukeSW commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Somewhere in the $1000s (like $3000 or $5000) if supervisor accepts you. Depends mainly on on what testing has to be used by your psychiatrist or no testing at all.

I believe it can reach $8000 if it reaches CSSC with court fees and appearances.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6734 users online. 462 members and 6272 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X