Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freddy3319 View Post
    Its been more then a year that i had been on psych review. What should i do?
    Take other exams. Sorry to sound harsh but this is exactly what you need to do.
    Last edited by thebigsnapple; 11-22-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I had my oral pych yesterday. It lasted for half an hour and I thought it went relatively well. She asked for 3 records from me (college record and two medical related records). I had all the records faxed to her today. Does this mean I am on review and should I be prepared for a long wait or god forbid a DQ? Or is it possibe for me to get into the January class? I have my minimed and second JST next week by the way. That got scheduled before my oral pych got scheduled. Thanks

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you owe paperwork after the interview you are automatically considered to be on review, but owing paperwork is the good kind of review. It's possible for you to get in for January assuming you get cleared on everything and depending on your exam and list number.

• Originally posted by nyguy32 View Post
      Hey guys, I had my oral pych yesterday. It lasted for half an hour and I thought it went relatively well. She asked for 3 records from me (college record and two medical related records). I had all the records faxed to her today. Does this mean I am on review and should I be prepared for a long wait or god forbid a DQ? Or is it possibe for me to get into the January class? I have my minimed and second JST next week by the way. That got scheduled before my oral pych got scheduled. Thanks
      First I would contact psych to make sure they received your documents. If not you’ll be discontinued until they get them. Even if they did receive them, there’s no guarantee you’re gonna be cleared right away. Psych requested 2 documents from me. My disciplinary record and psych record from DOC. This was back in August and I haven’t heard anything since September. Each case is different. I heard they try to handle older exams first. I’m not sure how accurate that is but my exam is from 2013 and still waiting. Hopefully it’ll go smooth for you but be prepared to wait.

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        sounds a lot like my situation. Incompetent city workers at its finest.

• nyguy32
        nyguy32 commented
        Editing a comment
        rb1152013, what is your situation, how long have you been waiting?

• currently on review and was told a preliminary decision was made on my file. my investigator told me weeks ago that if anything were to change on my file that i would receive a letter in the mail. can anyone explain this?

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        The letter in the mail is a proposed disqualification letter. So if you receive that you then have the opportunity to appeal that decision. It's not the same as a disqualification letter. It's essentially the same as saying that they are thinking of disqualifying you.

• LIfinest
        LIfinest commented
        Editing a comment
        how would my investigator know a week after psych telling me that a preliminary decision has been made on my file that I'm getting a letter in the mail though?

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way you worded It your investigator never said you’re getting a letter. Also your investigator pretends to know less than he actually does because they can’t tell you certain things.

• Had my oral psych about 3 weeks ago. Went well, no documents were needed. Found out today that I am on psych review and my case is under review, can someone who has experienced this shed some light on what to do or expect? I have a clean record.

Comment

• dtc5420
        dtc5420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anything in the interview that was brought up that you think caused a review?

• Dave328
        Dave328 commented
        Editing a comment
        given your username here, APO. If you are Auxiliary they ask for evaluations from your CO. that can put you on review

• guerrero2393
        guerrero2393 commented
        Editing a comment
        currently on the same boat

• So I received word in September that a preliminary decision has been made on my file, and last week I was still on review.

Just called the candidate assessment division and they said I'm not on review anymore but my case is currently being processed by psych. Any idea what that means? And if that's good or bad?

Thanks.

Comment

• Vista
        Vista commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, your not on Review so thats Positive- perhaps their just waiting for Psych to wrap up your case? (Were you on Investigative or Psych Review?)

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Vista No never was on investigative review I’ve been cleared on the background for a while. I was on psych review since my psychologist asked for simple paperwork after my oral psych.

Now They’re just saying I’m being processed and not on review. I find It strange I haven’t been contacted for another mini medical for this upcoming academy yet, though.

• rb1152013 Have you heard anything yet? When I was on investigative review I was contacted to schedule my mini-med before finding out if I cleared the review.
      im on psych review now and just saw an email to schedule my mini-med.
      Last edited by MrBigHead; 12-21-2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        Theoretically it’s a good sign but this will be my 3rd medical for this exam. I called apd and I’m still on review also. My investigator retired so I’m really confused as to what this might mean.

• guerrero2393
        guerrero2393 commented
        Editing a comment
        MrBigHead lol damn, i wish you luck for Jan/April academy brother.

how long ago did you take your oral?

I just want to find out that im cleared from Psych and i can wait till the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 for academy. I just dont wanna continue hearing that im on review or being processed for the whole next year.

• MrBigHead
        MrBigHead commented
        Editing a comment
        guerrero2393 I took both parts of the psych the same day in September. Im not gonna keep shelling out cash for the medical just find out I’m still on review .
        If the pay rate doesn’t transfer over from another agency then this might be a waste of time because I’m nearing top pay and longevity with DOC

• FERNAND001
        FERNAND001 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you leave corrections with top pay and go to NYPD,will your salary be the same as it was when you left Corrections?

• Does any one know a good lawyer to appeal just incase things dont go right?

Comment

• So recently asked my investigator about my psych since I have completed it all of the process. It would appear my case is being reviewed. Good or bad? Never heard anything about being reviewed.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          It could go either way. If your investigator contacts you that means they decided in your favor. If they don't decide in your favor you will receive a proposed disqualification in the mail.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
          TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the part that I am confused about, does being reviewed mean something made they want to give it a look over, or do they literally mean no decision has be made since my case its still being initially reviewed.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM.

• Hello, I need help. I have not recieved anything or heard anything after I finished the whole process. I emailed my Psychologist and asked if he recieved my paper work he said he did and if he needs anything else he will email me. My question is how long it took for those who got DQd to recieve the email that they were DQd? How long it took for those that are on Review to find out they were on review because it’s been three weeks for me and I don’t know what to expect my friend who graduated June told me his Oral Psych went like my oral psych therefore I’m confused as in what will happen next..... how long did it take to find out you were DQd?

Comment

• elqmis
          elqmis commented
          Editing a comment
          I, too, am currently being processed by psych. Not sure if that's another term for review. Or that the psych doctor has made a decision, and now in the hands of a supervisor.

• Hope4dabest
          Hope4dabest commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent my paperwork 11/29 and My Psychologist told me he recieved it... it’s been a month and I still don’t know I was hoping for January’s class but id it possible we can be cleared lets say the 6th and get an email?

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure it’s possible. I had my paperwork in by June 25th of this year and I missed the July, October class and likely will miss the January class. Point being, and I mean this more as advice than anything else, don’t get your hopes up for January.

• elqmis
          elqmis commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's possible. I've known two people who were on psych review. One was on psych review during the hiring emails, and got into the October academy after the second batch went out.I know another person who was on psych review on a Thursday. Then he got the email on Saturday. Both have joined the October academy. Just keep your hopes up and stay out of trouble. Also not to contact APD as much. We just have to stay patient.

• I got a new investigator and we speak for the 1sr time today. He says he needs my direct supervisors phone and it’s very important. I’m still on psych review but I’ve handed in all my documents. Anyone else get a request like this?

Comment

• NYC01
          NYC01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey bro what exam are you on?. Ive been waitin over a year now and im still in supervisory review. I know some of the candidates in 4328 got their nopd but i havent gotten mine now i dont know why. Thats good on your case you got called back.you have a great chance youll get into the academy.

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't get your hopes up listening to someone say you have a great chance of getting into the academy at this point. You have a new investigator who does things differently from your last investigator and he's potentially checking up on something that your last investigator glanced over. it's odd he's requesting such information now though. Additionally, this investigator can and likely will clear you as your last investigator did but that isn't going to change your psych review status. Once you are cleared psychologically, THEN you have a great chance of getting into the academy. Good luck.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC01 I’m from exam 4300
          rb1152013 I know better than to get my hopes up. I was on investigative review got the nopd and eventually beat it so I assumed anything dealing with my background was ok.

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
        NYC01 I’m from exam 4300
        rb1152013 I know better than to get my hopes up. I was on investigative review got the nopd and eventually beat it so I assumed anything dealing with my background was ok.
        Hey everyone I decided I’ll join in on this and speak from my experience. I’ve been on psyche hold since 2015. My psyche sent me a NOPD, I ended up fighting my case and I was able to see another psyche in the NYPD last year in June 2017. When I had my sit down with my new oral psyche doctor he told me I would be clear but it’s just a waiting game. I eventually ended up doing everything again for them so now I’m just waiting to be cleared from psyche. Mind you I’m promotional for exam 5503. They called my command to speak to my ICO and came to my house to do a resident check in December 2017. I called today and they said I’m still being processed, which I already know what that means. (Not cleared yet). Is anyone out there like me going through this ?

Comment

• Hope4dabest
          Hope4dabest commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my Psych in November and it’s gonna be two months and still being “processed” :/ I got to Friday afternoon to be cleared for January’s class.....

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope4dabest People have taken their psych way before you and are still being processed. I took mine in June and there's people who took theirs before me still waiting.

• Hope4dabest
          Hope4dabest commented
          Editing a comment
          rb1152013 what does it mean when we have to wait for so long? Others get cleared in a week

• Originally posted by Hope4dabest View Post
        I took my Psych in November and it’s gonna be two months and still being “processed” :/ I got to Friday afternoon to be cleared for January’s class.....
        Yea it all depends on why they put you on hold for. Hold/review is the same thing from what I’m hearing, but I had to fight my case and I guess I won but it’s just a waiting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by rb1152013 View Post
          Hope4dabest People have taken their psych way before you and are still being processed. I took mine in June and there's people who took theirs before me still waiting.
          Did you get a NOPD ? I hope we all get cleared and enter in this class....

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not. I wish I’d just get It already so I can fight It and win. Very unlikely to get into this academy, sucks to say It but it’s true.

• Anyone here exam4328 still on psych supervisory review?.

Comment

• Hope4dabest
            Hope4dabest commented
            Editing a comment
            Whats the difference between Psych Review and Psych Supervisory review?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6846 users online. 291 members and 6555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X