Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dibartcj View Post
    So was called today by the psych services after I called them and was told that my file is with a supervisor for review and I will be receiving a letter with the results. This sounds bad....is it or can it still go the right way???
    Buy an issue of "the chief leader", there are many law firms that specialize in appeals.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
      That doesn't sound good. You don't get a letter when you pass. Usually only when you fail. Sorry man.


      your right , i learn that the hard way...lol
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

      Comment


      • Post deleted
        Last edited by haoken; 03-13-2015, 12:07 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by haoken View Post
          Same exact answer for me, and then 1 month later a DQ letter.
          Tht sucks man.. did you appeal? who did/ are you using?
          IF YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME MCB11384@GMAIL.COM is the best way.

          If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or info@lawenforcementpeptalk.com

          If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact Rob@rkronenberglaw.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
            Buy an issue of "the chief leader", there are many law firms that specialize in appeals.
            In my personal experience- I recommend an attorney named Robert Kronenberg, in Happauge, NY. He is a retired NYPD Captain who specializes in these types of cases. As an expert witness, he use's a Dr. Mark Lerner in Melville. I, and a few others on here have used them. They are very good guys. If you or anyone else need their info, let me know- send me an EMAIL.

            Matt-
            IF YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME MCB11384@GMAIL.COM is the best way.

            If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or info@lawenforcementpeptalk.com

            If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact Rob@rkronenberglaw.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by V1STA View Post
              In my personal experience- I recommend an attorney named Robert Kronenberg, in Happauge, NY. He is a retired NYPD Captain who specializes in these types of cases. As an expert witness, he use's a Dr. Mark Lerner in Melville. I, and a few others on here have used them. They are very good guys. If you or anyone else need their info, let me know- send me an EMAIL.

              Matt-
              The question is if you win an appeal will you ever get otj with the NYPD?
              sigpicRookie Correction Officer

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                The question is if you win an appeal will you ever get otj with the NYPD?
                State and Federal courts have ruled that appointing agencies have BROAD power to reject or accept candidates due to the sensitive nature of the position. Take that for what it's worth. I know that Vista was psych DQ, he appealed and won, and then they just tossed him onto investigative review. There is very little recourse for someone who has been investigatively disqualified. That is an extremely hard fight to win. As I said before, courts have ruled that agencies have very BROAD power to reject. If they don't want you, they won't have you. Simple as that.

                Vista campaigns very hard for a specific appeals lawyer(in clear violation of forum rules) that hasn't really proven to be much of a success story even in his own case. Yes, he won the psych appeal, but he still remains jammed up investigatively.
                Last edited by nyc7011; 02-17-2013, 09:39 PM.

                Comment


                • Is it true that you have to wait 5 years after Psych D.Q. and you have a clean slate to apply again?

                  If so, why not do that? Work a few years, get a few degrees under your belt and try again.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                    Is it true that you have to wait 5 years after Psych D.Q. and you have a clean slate to apply again?

                    If so, why not do that? Work a few years, get a few degrees under your belt and try again.
                    Psychological evaluations are good for 3 years...
                    sigpicRookie Correction Officer

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                      Psychological evaluations are good for 3 years...
                      Then it seemingly makes more sense to wait three years after a psych D.Q. and apply again than to hire a lawyer, spend a ton of money and hope that a psych D.Q. is overturned.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                        Then it seemingly makes more sense to wait three years after a psych D.Q. and apply again than to hire a lawyer, spend a ton of money and hope that a psych D.Q. is overturned.
                        I agree man.
                        sigpicRookie Correction Officer

                        Comment


                        • Post deleted
                          Last edited by haoken; 03-13-2015, 12:07 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Hey wassup solid, hows is your status coming along... I got a DQ letter yesterday from the psych as well. we all have the right to be angry, and its clear that the NYPD uses the psych not to see if a person is insane or not but to judge them by the flaws and mostly Little flaws people have in life. all i had was academic probation from college but now im stable and improved grades. The psych is one heck of a lottery my friends.
                            NYPD AUX
                            PAPD Exam 2013 Qualified, 115th Academy Hopefull..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYPD2790 View Post
                              Hey wassup solid, hows is your status coming along... I got a DQ letter yesterday from the psych as well. we all have the right to be angry, and its clear that the NYPD uses the psych not to see if a person is insane or not but to judge them by the flaws and mostly Little flaws people have in life. all i had was academic probation from college but now im stable and improved grades. The psych is one heck of a lottery my friends.
                              Man that sucks big time!! Im good ready to hopefully put this process all behind me this july I got my corrections oral in 10 days hopefully I pass and get in the april class.what are you plans now bro
                              sigpicRookie Correction Officer

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NYPD2790 View Post
                                Hey wassup solid, hows is your status coming along... I got a DQ letter yesterday from the psych as well. we all have the right to be angry, and its clear that the NYPD uses the psych not to see if a person is insane or not but to judge them by the flaws and mostly Little flaws people have in life. all i had was academic probation from college but now im stable and improved grades. The psych is one heck of a lottery my friends.
                                It is not that you are insane. The psych determines if you are mentally capable for the role of police officer, not mental stability. In the psych, it is never one aspect of your life that will DQ you. Rather, it is a full assesment of your life, good and bad, to see if you can handle having a gun and badge. Remember that if you choose to appeal. Good luck brother.
                                "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                                -Abraham Lincoln

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11290 users online. 472 members and 10818 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X