Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say I'm dq'd because say... I took adhd prescription 3 times in the past 3 years ago (which may or may not be true) and I'm dq'd because of it.

However this is not my current state at all and I've "grown" out of prescriptions like many here do.

Can I go about ​​​​it without a lawyer... Maybe talking/meeting with a psychologist through my health insurance and if he agrees I do not have this current state anymore and writes me a letter stating so... I can show it to the psych department to reverse thier decision?

I do not have the money to ​​​​​​do all this lawyer stuff for thousands of dollars.. Which may just go down the drain in the end.

So my question is... In a situation like mine... Can I get a letter from a psychologist if I do not have this condition anymore and the psycholgist agrees

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc96 View Post
      Some advice to candidates about to take psych. Get all the documents you think the psych might ask for and hand in on the spot. It keeps you off review and allows a decision to be made right away most of the time. (Not always)
      good advice if they'll accept it. some documents they want sent directly from the agency/department that has them. psych wanted records from my job. they wouldn't release the records to me to give to the psych and the psych didn't know how to request the documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
        Let's say I'm dq'd because say... I took adhd prescription 3 times in the past 3 years ago (which may or may not be true) and I'm dq'd because of it.

However this is not my current state at all and I've "grown" out of prescriptions like many here do.

Can I go about ​​​​it without a lawyer... Maybe talking/meeting with a psychologist through my health insurance and if he agrees I do not have this current state anymore and writes me a letter stating so... I can show it to the psych department to reverse thier decision?

I do not have the money to ​​​​​​do all this lawyer stuff for thousands of dollars.. Which may just go down the drain in the end.

So my question is... In a situation like mine... Can I get a letter from a psychologist if I do not have this condition anymore and the psycholgist agrees

It would a poor idea to try without a lawyer- especially because adhd is a legally protected disability.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Trying to appeal a Psych DQ without a Forensic Psychologist who is experienced in NYPD Policy and Procedure, and without an Attorney is a bad idea. Any psychologist can write a basic letter, but what you will need is a very detailed report complete with a review of all department documentation written by a Forensic Psychologist. This is what goes a long way in front of Civil Service Commision. As far as the attorney question, NYPD will always be represented by an attorney. You, nor your appeal psychologist are in no position to lodge arguments that involve complex areas of law. On civil service commisions own website they reccomend retention of an attorney for that very reason.
          Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.

Comment

• If anyone has a upcoming psych These guys are awesome, check them out- WWW.LawEnforcementPeptalk.com

Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
              As far as the attorney question, NYPD will always be represented by an attorney.
              I don't believe there is a high sucess rate for NYPD Defense even when they use attorneys.

Same goes for the Psychologists Level 1 they use, there is currently 10 openings on NYC jobs for their positions as of July 2017....

Comment

• I took my oral psych interview 2 weeks ago but didn't get a call nor mail. Is that a good thing?

Comment

• a preliminary decision was made on my file about 3 weeks ago. my investigator told me recently that it takes several months to receive a letter in the mail. to my understanding i heard that when you receive a letter in the mail it means you got DQed. can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ny sports View Post

Your partially right and partially wrong. Appealing a DQ is a very difficult obstacle to overcome and you have a MUCH better chance to simply start all over again.
                    The part that your wrong on which is what I thought up until recently as well, you don't have to wait 3 years for your psych to expire. Technically, you could take the psych exam over again in a month if you have a back up exam that is going through processing. You will obviously fail though. Failing a psych exam from one exam is a completely separate situation from another exam. In reality that's not really the case because they will review your previous psych records. It's imperative that you do allow a certain amount of time to pass in between the time that you failed a psych and then attempted to re-process off of another exam. I would think at the very least 2 years but 3 years or longer would be better.
                    When did you take your oral psych?

Comment

• When did you take your oral psych, LIfinest?

Comment

• LIfinest
                        LIfinest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        sometime in the second week of feb

• Took my oral psych about 4 days ago. called apd candidate relation today I'm on review. Never visited a social worker or psych. Smoked weed twice over 5 years ago. Worst things i ever done: Got one blackout from drinking about 5 years ago. Got one major write up for subordination about 3 years ago. Left a few jobs w.o 2 week noticed. 2 fires from no show up since I just decided to quit. Answered no to any of the "do you think about killing yourself" questions. Sat up straight, gave simple yes and no. Unless asked to explain.

This department is hard as hell to get into. If I knew all i know know 6 years ago I would of stayed at one job, kept my mouth shut and never drink or smoke. But hey that's life I guess. Even though it's possible ( but very slim) to get off review I'm looking forward to other departments and possibly other career fields. Can't sit and wait for one exam.

Comment

• fd3030
                        fd3030 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Deleted.....
                        Last edited by fd3030; 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM.

• Vista
                        Vista commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The weed, blackput drunk episode..... was it on paper amywhere?

• Hawaiiansauce
                        Hawaiiansauce commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes when they asked me about it in my b.i. I admitted to it on paper

• hello, everyone, i got a call for second interview, anything that i need to know? do i get the same psych? do they ask different question? thank you for your attention.

Comment

• Vista
                        Vista commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Likely be focused on certain issues, and will see a supervisor

• Originally posted by Hawaiiansauce View Post
                      Took my oral psych about 4 days ago. called apd candidate relation today I'm on review. Never visited a social worker or psych. Smoked weed twice over 5 years ago. Worst things i ever done: Got one blackout from drinking about 5 years ago. Got one major write up for subordination about 3 years ago. Left a few jobs w.o 2 week noticed. 2 fires from no show up since I just decided to quit. Answered no to any of the "do you think about killing yourself" questions. Sat up straight, gave simple yes and no. Unless asked to explain.

This department is hard as hell to get into. If I knew all i know know 6 years ago I would of stayed at one job, kept my mouth shut and never drink or smoke. But hey that's life I guess. Even though it's possible ( but very slim) to get off review I'm looking forward to other departments and possibly other career fields. Can't sit and wait for one exam.
                      That's a poor work/social history. And you wonder WHY you got pulled..?
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Hawaiiansauce
                        Hawaiiansauce commented
                        Editing a comment
                        True. But it will be very disappointing to get dqed for small mistakes in the past. That I currently have corrected.

• thebigsnapple
                        thebigsnapple commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why not just quit and give two weeks? You are within your right to not like the environment you work in. When you get asked why you bounced around jobs often you can always say "so and so reason"...Especially when they look at the paper and they see "blah and blah p/t gig for young adults inc"...Realistically you leaving on good terms and quitting is better than you just skipping out at least when they check on you your employers could say " hey he was a good kid"

• Small mistakes?

You literally described the worst candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post
                        Small mistakes?

You literally described the worst candidate.
                        Today's applicants can't figure this out. Trophy for all...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Vista
                          Vista commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So much naivety. Got in minor trouble a few times in school, few traffic tickets many years ago- thats minor. Now paint the picture of a binge drinking pot head.... at least he was honest.

Im 6 years clean- driving record amd otherwise, and im semi-hesitant to re-process. I never got blackout drunk, or smoked weed. In fact, of the two i rarely drink.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9703 users online. 425 members and 9278 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X