NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hwguy1314
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2013

I took anxiety meds for public speaking, 3 times, 2 years ago in 2015. My records state I have "social anxiety" which I don't, but since that's what the doctor put, and they saw, then whatever. If I had social anxeity I wouldn't own a restaurant in Manhattan. I did the psych and I was pre-dq for it...so then I withdrew my application.

Should I take another nypd exam? ​By the time I'm called, it would be like 5 years or 4.5 years since I took those meds... Is that a good enough time frame to restart my application?
    Last edited by hwguy1314; 10-22-2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you know this is the specific / only reason if you didn’t appeal?
  • QUICKHANDS
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2017

I am on review, my BI refereed me to the Psychologist. She advised she cannot tell me where I am in the process as of yet. What does that mean exacly. Last time she said I'd here from her in 30 days. I didn't, last week I reached out she advised she could not tell me where I was in the process. Does this mean a total DQ?

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      All’s it means is that no final decision has been made, and you wait. No amount of calling is going to get you squared up- leave psych services alone.
  • PA_116
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2017

I know this is mostly NYPD, but has anyone ever filed an appeal for PAPD psych? I had one psych interview and was DQ'd. Is it worth contacting Kronenberg?

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a free consult so it’s no loss to you. And I do believe he has had some success with these. I believe there is an appeal process but not an internal one like civil service- it’s actually a Article 78 if I’m not mistaken. Did the letter give you the chance to submit documentation from an outside psych? PAPD- pretty political agency, pretty selective. Nepotism runs strong there. Tell him I said hello.

• PA_116
      PA_116 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vista the letter just said the medical services team cannot approve me any further in the process. I can write to a person to receive further determination about my termination, but I'm sure it's just a generic letter back.

• rb1152013
      rb1152013 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it’s a generic copy + paste letter. If you call Paulette you’ll get to hear how rude she is on the phone and she won’t answer anything.

• PA_116
      PA_116 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the letter says to contact Paulette Counts
  • hwguy1314
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2013

Vista mostly because I know I have a Clean record. It's probably only the social anxiety pills, which I don't know why the hell my doctor wrote that anyway since I don't have that.

I never did marijuana, al​​never drank alcohol, never got suspended, fired, never got a moving ticket, or anything.

Comment

• Vista
      Vista commented
      Editing a comment
      Its safe to assume nothing with the psych.
  • thebigsnapple
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2015

deleted...figured it out.
    Last edited by thebigsnapple; 11-19-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Freddy3319
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2015

Its been more then a year that i had been on psych review. What should i do?

Comment

• yaga115
        yaga115 commented
        Editing a comment
        what were you on review for?

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        you haven't received a proposed DQ letter after a year? Have you even heard from the psych department?
    • thebigsnapple
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Freddy3319
      Its been more then a year that i had been on psych review. What should i do?
      Take other exams. Sorry to sound harsh but this is exactly what you need to do.
      Last edited by thebigsnapple; 11-22-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• nyguy32
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2017

Hey guys, I had my oral pych yesterday. It lasted for half an hour and I thought it went relatively well. She asked for 3 records from me (college record and two medical related records). I had all the records faxed to her today. Does this mean I am on review and should I be prepared for a long wait or god forbid a DQ? Or is it possibe for me to get into the January class? I have my minimed and second JST next week by the way. That got scheduled before my oral pych got scheduled. Thanks

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          if you owe paperwork after the interview you are automatically considered to be on review, but owing paperwork is the good kind of review. It's possible for you to get in for January assuming you get cleared on everything and depending on your exam and list number.
      • MrBigHead
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by nyguy32
        Hey guys, I had my oral pych yesterday. It lasted for half an hour and I thought it went relatively well. She asked for 3 records from me (college record and two medical related records). I had all the records faxed to her today. Does this mean I am on review and should I be prepared for a long wait or god forbid a DQ? Or is it possibe for me to get into the January class? I have my minimed and second JST next week by the way. That got scheduled before my oral pych got scheduled. Thanks
        First I would contact psych to make sure they received your documents. If not you’ll be discontinued until they get them. Even if they did receive them, there’s no guarantee you’re gonna be cleared right away. Psych requested 2 documents from me. My disciplinary record and psych record from DOC. This was back in August and I haven’t heard anything since September. Each case is different. I heard they try to handle older exams first. I’m not sure how accurate that is but my exam is from 2013 and still waiting. Hopefully it’ll go smooth for you but be prepared to wait.

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds a lot like my situation. Incompetent city workers at its finest.

• nyguy32
          nyguy32 commented
          Editing a comment
          rb1152013, what is your situation, how long have you been waiting?
      • LIfinest
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2017

currently on review and was told a preliminary decision was made on my file. my investigator told me weeks ago that if anything were to change on my file that i would receive a letter in the mail. can anyone explain this?

Comment

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          The letter in the mail is a proposed disqualification letter. So if you receive that you then have the opportunity to appeal that decision. It's not the same as a disqualification letter. It's essentially the same as saying that they are thinking of disqualifying you.

• LIfinest
          LIfinest commented
          Editing a comment
          how would my investigator know a week after psych telling me that a preliminary decision has been made on my file that I'm getting a letter in the mail though?

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way you worded It your investigator never said you’re getting a letter. Also your investigator pretends to know less than he actually does because they can’t tell you certain things.
      • NYAPO
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2017

Had my oral psych about 3 weeks ago. Went well, no documents were needed. Found out today that I am on psych review and my case is under review, can someone who has experienced this shed some light on what to do or expect? I have a clean record.

Comment

• dtc5420
          dtc5420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anything in the interview that was brought up that you think caused a review?

• Dave328
          Dave328 commented
          Editing a comment
          given your username here, APO. If you are Auxiliary they ask for evaluations from your CO. that can put you on review

• guerrero2393
          guerrero2393 commented
          Editing a comment
          currently on the same boat
      • rb1152013
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2016

So I received word in September that a preliminary decision has been made on my file, and last week I was still on review.

Just called the candidate assessment division and they said I'm not on review anymore but my case is currently being processed by psych. Any idea what that means? And if that's good or bad?

Thanks.

Comment

• Vista
          Vista commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, your not on Review so thats Positive- perhaps their just waiting for Psych to wrap up your case? (Were you on Investigative or Psych Review?)

• rb1152013
          rb1152013 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vista No never was on investigative review I’ve been cleared on the background for a while. I was on psych review since my psychologist asked for simple paperwork after my oral psych.

Now They’re just saying I’m being processed and not on review. I find It strange I haven’t been contacted for another mini medical for this upcoming academy yet, though.
      • MrBigHead
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2012

rb1152013 Have you heard anything yet? When I was on investigative review I was contacted to schedule my mini-med before finding out if I cleared the review.
        im on psych review now and just saw an email to schedule my mini-med.
        Last edited by MrBigHead; 12-21-2017, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          Theoretically it’s a good sign but this will be my 3rd medical for this exam. I called apd and I’m still on review also. My investigator retired so I’m really confused as to what this might mean.

• guerrero2393
          guerrero2393 commented
          Editing a comment
          MrBigHead lol damn, i wish you luck for Jan/April academy brother.

how long ago did you take your oral?

I just want to find out that im cleared from Psych and i can wait till the end of 2018 or beginning of 2019 for academy. I just dont wanna continue hearing that im on review or being processed for the whole next year.

• MrBigHead
          MrBigHead commented
          Editing a comment
          guerrero2393 I took both parts of the psych the same day in September. Im not gonna keep shelling out cash for the medical just find out I’m still on review .
          If the pay rate doesn’t transfer over from another agency then this might be a waste of time because I’m nearing top pay and longevity with DOC

• FERNAND001
          FERNAND001 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you leave corrections with top pay and go to NYPD,will your salary be the same as it was when you left Corrections?
      • Freddy3319
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2015

Does any one know a good lawyer to appeal just incase things dont go right?

Comment

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2017

So recently asked my investigator about my psych since I have completed it all of the process. It would appear my case is being reviewed. Good or bad? Never heard anything about being reviewed.

Comment

• rb1152013
            rb1152013 commented
            Editing a comment
            It could go either way. If your investigator contacts you that means they decided in your favor. If they don't decide in your favor you will receive a proposed disqualification in the mail.

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
            TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the part that I am confused about, does being reviewed mean something made they want to give it a look over, or do they literally mean no decision has be made since my case its still being initially reviewed.
            Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12110 users online. 76 members and 12034 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...