Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a preliminary decision was made on my psych about a week or 2 ago and have yet to hear anything back. I am currently unable to schedule my medical and JST until i get cleared. If the preliminary decision was "clear" how long should it take to hear back?

Comment

• So here is my story .. was DQ again from PO for the Second time one in june 2008 and now on sep 2017 both of this was for the same reason and both of them went upto the Civil Service Commission level where final decision was made didnt go to hearing due to the budget . It was an unfair decision and just got Rejected.. but still have hope Because i am in the process for School Safety, psych has me on review for 2 months already hoping they dont DQ too from here eventhough it different cause here you dont have a gun.
      Would anyone tell me anyone whose been thru or know anyone who has been thru this processing , so like that if i should be prepared to get DQ again or maybe there is a chance that i can make thru with school safety.
      i am very disappointed with PO decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
        So here is my story .. was DQ again from PO for the Second time one in june 2008 and now on sep 2017 both of this was for the same reason and both of them went upto the Civil Service Commission level where final decision was made didnt go to hearing due to the budget . It was an unfair decision and just got Rejected.. but still have hope Because i am in the process for School Safety, psych has me on review for 2 months already hoping they dont DQ too from here eventhough it different cause here you dont have a gun.
        Would anyone tell me anyone whose been thru or know anyone who has been thru this processing , so like that if i should be prepared to get DQ again or maybe there is a chance that i can make thru with school safety.
        i am very disappointed with PO decision.
        I'd be prepared for another DQ. School safety is under PD and since you just got DQ'ed I'd assume they'll follow suit. I was DQ'ed for po yrs ago and a few yrs later was DQ'ed for pct. Never appealed either
        what was the reason behind the DQ's
        Last edited by MrBigHead; 09-10-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Funny thing i appeal both if them .. the first one with no lawyer cause back then didnt know well and the second try with a lawyer. All because i went thru a divorce back then in 2008. And they took that Dq to disqualify for this one. Some people said that school safety maybe wont but then some say Yes.

Comment

Funny thing i appeal both if them .. the first one with no lawyer cause back then didnt know well and the second try with a lawyer. All because i went thru a divorce back then in 2008. And they took that Dq to disqualify for this one. Some people said that school safety maybe wont but then some say Yes.
            Just because of the divorce? Or did your ex become spiteful and there were DV charges or accusations as well?

Comment

• No DV at all or any type of accusation between us. He just walk out of the marriage . Matter fact we have a good 9 yrs of parenting for our kids

Comment

No DV at all or any type of accusation between us. He just walk out of the marriage . Matter fact we have a good 9 yrs of parenting for our kids
                That sounds crazy. You should still file an appeal even if it's on your own.

Comment

• If I'm disqualified from the nypd psych dq...

Does that mean I'm also disqualified every else? ​​​I'm disqualified for the nypd and I have an appointment to take the new york state police exam next month. Is it worth even going through the process of new york state police, or will I just be disqualified again?

Comment

• Hi, new to the forum. If anybody can recommend a lawyer to help me navigate the DQ process, any personal accounts would be great.
                    I wish a had the patients to look through the 228 pages of this discussion.
                    Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                      If I'm disqualified from the nypd psych dq...

Does that mean I'm also disqualified every else? ​​​I'm disqualified for the nypd and I have an appointment to take the new york state police exam next month. Is it worth even going through the process of new york state police, or will I just be disqualified again?
                      When you receive a full disqualification from the NYPD, any agency will see that DQ. You are better off hiring a lawyer and fighting against their decision.

​​​​​​You are not automatically DQed from NYSP if you are DQed from NYPD. You are brownlisted (meaning if you score high enough on their standards to be selected and there's only room for one more yet there's two of you with same exact score, guess who gets selected?)

Instead if you win your case against the NYPD (which is of course selective and not competitive), the NYSP will just see that you applied to the NYPD and you turned their acceptance offer down and you can just say "Yea i hate the city" and they'll reply: "Yea we do too."
                      Last edited by LukeSW; 09-13-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luvruche View Post
                        Hi, new to the forum. If anybody can recommend a lawyer to help me navigate the DQ process, any personal accounts would be great.
                        I wish a had the patients to look through the 228 pages of this discussion.
                        Thank you
                        Google "NYPD Notice of Proposed Disqualification lawyer"

Whoever is closest to you is more than likely the best choice for you as you will have to go their office multiple times (I believe, I could be wrong)

You can also look at their reviews on Yelp! or lawyer review sites.

Comment

• "I received all of the requested records, and a preliminary decision was made which must be reviewed by our department. Please remain patient as there is a high volume of candidates, you will receive further instruction in the future." - Email received from Psych doctor a few weeks ago. Is this encouraging or no? I have been in the process for a while and everything is completed. Thanks

Comment

• Been on review since May and haven't heard from my psych, they didn't request anything. Wish they would give me an answer already if I was in or being DQd. Feeling pretty defeated at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by aemangrom View Post
                              Been on review since May and haven't heard from my psych, they didn't request anything. Wish they would give me an answer already if I was in or being DQd. Feeling pretty defeated at the moment.
                              There's candidates still on review since the 4300 series (and probable 3000 series) who have precendent over later exams.

Why did 5300 series get their mini-medicals for Oct. Class 2017 before 4300 series? Because they had "less complicated" psychological profiles (Reality translation: Those particular candidates fit perfectly within the NYPD's current hiring quotas).

Your list number (not your exam #, don't confuse the two) expires 4 years from the year it was established.

Only the 7300 and beyond will see a streamlined, well-oiled process once they begin.
                              Last edited by LukeSW; 09-13-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Some advice to candidates about to take psych. Get all the documents you think the psych might ask for and hand in on the spot. It keeps you off review and allows a decision to be made right away most of the time. (Not always)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10767 users online. 444 members and 10323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X