Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys I was just contacted for a second oral interview. what should I expect? & is this a good sign?

Comment

• LIfinest
      LIfinest commented
      Editing a comment
      how long were you on review for?

• Yeah that is a good thing. How long were you on review ?

Comment

• So I received a NOPD from corrections for psych. I had the option to withdraw, which I did, using certified mail. I have a receipt proving they received the certified mail 4 days before the deadline.
      However I received a DQ letter yesterday, so apparently they didn't open my withdrawal letter.

I called today and some nice lady said she would straighten it out by the end of next week, and there weren't many people in the office because it's summer. However she asked me to repeat the info a few times and I'm worried she might not be familiar with fixing situations like mine.

So now the 30 day clock on starting an appeal is running, but I haven't started because I'm hoping they will honor my withdrawal, any advice in this situation? I don't want to appeal but might have to if they don't correct their mistake.

What exaxtly do I have to do in those 30 days assuming I end up appealing ? Do I just have to write to them saying I want to appeal? Or do I need to have my own psych evaluation etc done in that time as well?

any advice? Thanks

im thinking of sending an email so I have documentation proving that I tried to rectify it right away.

Comment

• i got a question, does nypd psych unit do video/audio recording during the interview?

Comment

• If you're scheduled to take the written and oral psych on the same day, does the psychologist review your written results before the oral?
          also is a resume necessary? I don't recall a resume being requested for my previous psych exams

Comment

• Exam 4312 here. Took my Oral Psych two weeks ago. Been on review ever since. Psych didn't ask me for any documents. Will I get contacted for Mini-med? Or do I have to wait for the psych dept to clear me?

Comment

• Jimmy_Zhu
              Jimmy_Zhu commented
              Editing a comment
              I am on the same boat with you
              Last edited by Jimmy_Zhu; 08-22-2017, 12:57 AM.

• I am exam 4323, just got out of the Navy with a clean record, no bad habits and no criminal record but been on the review for over a year. Never got any calls or request paperworks from the psych department, does anyone know where can I find my psychologist Dr.White email address or his phone number so I can call him? His office is at 1 Lefrak city plaza 59-17 junction Boulevard.
            Last edited by Jimmy_Zhu; 08-22-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• deleted.........
              Last edited by LIfinest; 08-24-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Lifinest1216
                Lifinest1216 commented
                Editing a comment
                took me about 6 months to hear something back I was put on review in feb this year

• hey everyone,

took my second oral psych today,

lasted about 20 minutes and he told me if he needed anything from me he would let me know, is this a good sign? didn't have to sign anything once I finished

exam 5310

Comment

• LIfinest
                LIfinest commented
                Editing a comment
                did you schedule a mini medical or JST yet?

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Zhu View Post
              I am exam 4323, just got out of the Navy with a clean record, no bad habits and no criminal record but been on the review for over a year. Never got any calls or request paperworks from the psych department, does anyone know where can I find my psychologist Dr.White email address or his phone number so I can call him? His office is at 1 Lefrak city plaza 59-17 junction Boulevard.
              FirstName.LastName@nypd.org is always their e-mails.

The psychologists either purposely leave out their e-mail (even though it says on the bottom of the sheet of paper after your oral to "contact your psychologist through e-mail") or their lack of experience has shown they made an error on providing their necessary contact information.
              ​​​
              You're welcome.

Comment

• anyone else having trouble with psych with previous IEP/ADHD diagnosis while in high school. been on discontinued since march and now am on review.

Comment

• I just took my written and oral today. Seemed like I was in there forever. All my psych requested was my psych and disciplinary records records from my current job. Not sure if that's good or bad but I know I'll be on review

Comment

• Any idea what 1R means?

Comment

• Hey everybody i am writing and trying to look for an answers. has anyone heard or been thru that when you are appealing a DQ and its reach to a level to the CSC. And you go thru a hearing with them . What are the chance that thru the hearing with CSC your Decision can be reversed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                        Hey everybody i am writing and trying to look for an answers. has anyone heard or been thru that when you are appealing a DQ and its reach to a level to the CSC. And you go thru a hearing with them . What are the chance that thru the hearing with CSC your Decision can be reversed.
                        Ask your lawyer this question (unless you're not using one?)

They have the most up-to-date information in particular to which exact psychologists have given more DQs moreover than other psychologists even if they have never dealt with certain psychologists (lawyers spread information amongst themselves)

​​​​

Comment

• Luvruche
                          Luvruche commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Can you recommend a lawyer?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10776 users online. 463 members and 10313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X