Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

So even if I have a lawyer they can reject my appeal?
    Yes.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post

Hey i have a quick question how did it take to hear from the CSC decision,cause i am in the appeal process too but i was for psych DQ and i just waiting for decision. Just trying to get some answer.
      It took 2 months. If I remember correctly the CSC sent me later stating they would review my appeal and make a decision in 60 days. Even though PD reversed their own decision it took about 2 months until I found out

Comment

• So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?

Comment

• LukeSW
          LukeSW commented
          Editing a comment
          Look up Job ID 285249 on https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new....d=psychologist.

There are STILL 8 openings as of 3/22/17 due to speculation that CURRENT psychologists are being forced to quit.

And to counter-argument against this ridiculous comment from an ex-NYPD employee:

"The NYPD APD is expanding"

They're NOT expanding, APD is simply IN THE PROCESS of moving from one location to another with keeping AS LITTLE as many employees as possible as you can see through job opening (24399) they want glorified administrative assistants to overtake the workload.
          Last edited by LukeSW; 07-20-2017, 09:28 AM.

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
        So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?
        What do you think that could have possibly DQ you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
          So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?
          bro its a notice of proposed dq so yeah it is a dq, what else could it be? just wait for the letter then get a lawyer to appeal the decesion tbh.

Comment

• A letter in the mail usually as is a hint to "hey your going to receive a notice of proposed dq letter in the mail, once you receive it you have 30 days to appeal" thats psychs way of saying the obvious and if they were going to clear you they dont need to tell you to wait for a letter in the mail, either your bi or psych can tell you if your cleared or if you randomly call apd and theyll tell you but usually a letter in the mail is always the obvious and if you were to get cleared someone will contact you by phone.

Comment

• Yea i know man, it is what it is man thats what am waiting to see on the mail a DQ letter i will not appeal just because i feel lile if its not meant to be its not meant to be, i dont have anything to worry as far as criminal records or arrest or drug or alcohol use , so if they dont want hire me its fine with me

Comment

• LukeSW
                LukeSW commented
                Editing a comment
                "i dont have anything to worry as far as criminal records or arrest or drug or alcohol use , so if they dont want hire me its fine with me"

APD's hiring process is under the discretion under NYC's Civil Service Law.

If your case fits the perimeters of typical discrimination against certain types of people (I'm sorry, it's called "equal" opportunity) and IF YOU HAVE FULL REASON TO BELIEVE your case file should eventually deserve a passing grade on everything, then by all means you should seek outside counsel and bring your case up against the board panel.

Do NOT slip this by, APD wants to prolong your "investigation" as long as possible in a sad attempt so you do not do exactly what I said above. They do this in hopes of you getting accepted into a different agency ultimately so you drop your application (which no longer happens in today's job market.........)
                Last edited by LukeSW; 07-21-2017, 09:55 AM.

• Hey guys for whoever went thru appeal and got in
              what are the chances that if you been DQ for PD one time but never appeal in 2008 then you go for a second time for 2015 but decised to appeal and still waiting on decision. And being on review for school safety for a month already. Is there any chance that it can be on my favor or be DQ again

Comment

• Brooklynsfinest93
                Brooklynsfinest93 commented
                Editing a comment
                why were you dq in the first place, and since you didnt appeal it the first time..... theres a reason why you got put on review the second time and chances are they might just want to dq you and if you appeal this time around they might want to reject your appeal... but question is what did you say to the psych the first time and the psych the second time.

• Took PD once in 2008 and got DQ but didnt appeal it the right way with a lawyer did it on my own ..so Second time i go thru the PD process got the proposal DQ letter but i hired lawyer and i just waiting for CSC decison now . I am also at the same time going thru the School Safety process but this time psych requested medical records . Papers didnt arrived on time she requested so now i am placed on review . So meaning i been thru psych evaluation 3 time.

Comment

• I was on review for a total of 15 months and finally just received my "proposed DQ" letter. I do plan on appealing it. Does anyone know of a rebuttable psychologist who has experience in these appeals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oss6994 View Post
                  I was on review for a total of 15 months and finally just received my "proposed DQ" letter. I do plan on appealing it. Does anyone know of a rebuttable psychologist who has experience in these appeals?
                  Does anyone know they wait so long to DQ people? 15 months seems like a long time. Other city agencies are much quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by HammerinHank View Post

Does anyone know they wait so long to DQ people? 15 months seems like a long time. Other city agencies are much quicker.
                    Because a small team has to review thousands of individuals for such a delicate positions. That thought never crossed your mind?

Comment

• 15 month is way alot .. i was in review for 11 month. And i am in the appeal process with Robert Kronenberg . If any one is interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Because a small team has to review thousands of individuals for such a delicate positions. That thought never crossed your mind?
                        No need for the hostility. Other City and State Agencies in positions as equally as delicate move much faster. I understand there is a high volume, I just dont get the wait. I've seem multiple candidates ask flat out if they are under review and get no answer until a letter is delivered in the mail over a year later. Especially when your window for hire is limited

Comment

• Originally posted by HammerinHank View Post

No need for the hostility. Other City and State Agencies in positions as equally as delicate move much faster. I understand there is a high volume, I just dont get the wait. I've seem multiple candidates ask flat out if they are under review and get no answer until a letter is delivered in the mail over a year later. Especially when your window for hire is limited
                          "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9292 users online. 475 members and 8817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X