Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
    Hey guys i am here fighting my case of appeal with police office position and now papers are at Civil service Commisioner for final decision still waiting on time. while i am also on process for school safety and not to long ago i saw a psych doctor and i was hold until she received my medical record .but record didnt get there on time so i was being discontinued . My question is it bad to be discontinued? Does it mean anything ,Cause i know they received the records how long would it take to get a update from psych. Has anyone went thru this.
    You cannot fight against the NYPD until you receive an NOPD (Notice of Proposed Disqualification) in the mail which you have 30 days to respond. Did your lawyer (if you are using one) state he was looking to speed up the process?

Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
    My question is it bad to be discontinued?
    Answer - No, it means absolutely nothing. It is a pathetic excuse by the NYPD Psych Department to procrastinate your second, third or whatever part of your Psychological. Call up DCAS and find out when your test expires, you will be shocked at how many years they can procrastinate until they finally touch your Psychological.

waiting for a pathetic CTR with no factual information from burnt-out ex-NYPD employee @mike_s1234
    Last edited by LukeSW; 06-25-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Hey quick question does anyone know the link to where u know the update of upcoming classes that you can ask the APD question?

Comment

• Has anyone used jerold e Levine to fight their pysch appeal ? looking for a good attorney I hear that Robert Kronenberg is pretty good as well...any advice would be greatly appriciated...thanks...u guys can pm if u wish or just realms here

Comment

• AML3319
          AML3319 commented
          Editing a comment
          Robert kronenberg is very good i am appealing my DQ with him .

• Originally posted by WeOwnTheNight View Post
        Has anyone on review heard anything ? Good or bad...next class is quickly approaching.
        alot of people on review havent been cleared yet even tho its been close to a year, typical nypd politics

Comment

• Hey so this is my second time going thru the police office process and got DQ i hired Kronenberg for my appeal and now we just waiting decision from CSC . But i am also going thru school safety process ,psych put me on hold until she reveived my record and now i am waiting for her to review it . Now due to i have been interview 3 time by the nypd psych . What are my chances that for the school safety position would clear me . Eventhough i still waiting for decision for PO ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
            Hey so this is my second time going thru the police office process and got DQ i hired Kronenberg for my appeal and now we just waiting decision from CSC . But i am also going thru school safety process ,psych put me on hold until she reveived my record and now i am waiting for her to review it . Now due to i have been interview 3 time by the nypd psych . What are my chances that for the school safety position would clear me . Eventhough i still waiting for decision for PO ?
            What was the outcome the first time? What did you get DQ for this time? Ever tried going to another agency?

Comment

• I was in the same boat at u I did the nypd 3 times I fail pysch twice but never hired an attorney the 3rd time I did school safety and nypd at the same time so when it came to the pysch process they focused mostly on me being a police officer and referred to my previous application and notes long story short I pass aftern6 months on review and was cleared for nypd and school safety ... good luck on ur process

Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
              Hey so this is my second time going thru the police office process and got DQ i hired Kronenberg for my appeal and now we just waiting decision from CSC . But i am also going thru school safety process ,psych put me on hold until she reveived my record and now i am waiting for her to review it . Now due to i have been interview 3 time by the nypd psych . What are my chances that for the school safety position would clear me . Eventhough i still waiting for decision for PO ?
              1302 got email 9/29/15

Comment

• AML3319
                AML3319 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hearing like its almost same story as mine .. i just hope i can get it this time being it my third time being interview by nypd psych doctor ..

• Hey Everyone I just called the NYPD's Candidate Relations line. Well bad news I too was DQ from the Psych process. Completed everything else that was necessary for hire. I will appeal this decision and will go and Hire a attorney. There are a lot of posts here and I can only read so much. I have read the name of Robert B. Kronenberg. My question here is how good of a attorney is he? What is the retainer fee? (ball park estimates are fine) and what was your experience in the out come? Agency over turned your DQ? Were you Allowed to continue the process and hired by the Agency? or did you have to reapply for another exam...I don't really want to wait another 3 years to get selected again.

You can PM if you like. Thanks all

Comment

• Lijames631
                Lijames631 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, they told you over the phone that you were DQ?

• cc87
                cc87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I called and someone over the phone said that was the reason. Didn't give me any specifics. But at least I can prepare for a appeals process. I still have to wait for the Notice in mail.

• Brooklynsfinest93
                Brooklynsfinest93 commented
                Editing a comment
                bro call apd over again to confirm that you are actually going to receving the letter in the mail because apd told me and some other people that we were gunna get letters in the mail and our psych emailed us back saying no decesion was made yet so tbh call back and check one more time to see if what was said is true bro.

• cc87
                cc87 commented
                Editing a comment
                @Brooklynsfinest93 Bro I was thinking of emailing my Psych Doctor anyways to ask if she actually disqualified me. If they emailed you guys back saying no decision was made great! you have a chance still for October class hopefully. I will try to call APD on Monday and email my psych Doctor to just confirm. Thanks for the update. keep us posted on your outcome!

• Following cc87 's comment, I called Candidate Relations today and found out that I am still in psych review. It's been about half a year now, I hope that they send a decision soon.

cc87 I'm sorry to hear about your psych DQ. Thank you for updating us though - I suggest everyone call and check up on their status! Any information is helpful in deciding your next move.

Best of luck, everyone.

Comment

• I Just got a proposed DQ from corrections even though my investigator recommended me. It was a Psych DQ but they listed integrity and substance abuse. I have never been arrested for drugs nor used any non prescribed drugs. I would imagine they are accusing me of lying about alcohol or its about my old C summonses.

I would like to re open my PD file and wait for them to DQ me and then spend the money on a lawyer for NYPD rather than on corrections. I was just using corrections as a stepping stone to get into PD. Can anything negative come out of me withdrawing from corrections? I assume even if I won with corrections, I would still need to rehire a lawyer for PD.

Can anyone recommend some good lawyers. None you are personally affiliated with.
                Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-06-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• wait can you be Dqed and come back with another test and go through it again? or once you are Dqed, thats it? some of your are saying you went through it three times, but I thought unless you withdraw you can't go through it all again?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
                    wait can you be Dqed and come back with another test and go through it again? or once you are Dqed, thats it? some of your are saying you went through it three times, but I thought unless you withdraw you can't go through it all again?
                    Notice of Proposed Disqualification (NOPD) is different than a Disqualification (DQ)

If all you received was an NOPD and you're currently fighting it or you won, you're good to reapply with NYPD

If you've received a full DQ from the NYPD, you're officially blacklisted within NYPD, do not listen to anyone saying otherwise (including your lawyer who's other half of his job is sales). I do not know if you're blacklisted for state/county law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
                      I Just got a proposed DQ from corrections even though my investigator recommended me. It was a Psych DQ but they listed integrity and substance abuse. I have never been arrested for drugs nor used any non prescribed drugs. I would imagine they are accusing me of lying about alcohol or its about my old C summonses.

I would like to re open my PD file and wait for them to DQ me and then spend the money on a lawyer for NYPD rather than on corrections. I was just using corrections as a stepping stone to get into PD. Can anything negative come out of me withdrawing from corrections? I assume even if I won with corrections, I would still need to rehire a lawyer for PD.

Can anyone recommend some good lawyers. None you are personally affiliated with.
                      i mean depending on what you got dq for corrections nypd psych wants to know why you didnt appeal it and why you got dq'ed and honestly chances are they might put you on review and ask for the psych eval from doc then yeah theyll dq you but chances of you appeal for nypd might not go in your favor since they might reject your appeal process, they rejected my boys appeal and this was his first time ever applying for any city agency with a clean record and he swears that his interview with the psych doctor went well too till 6 months - a year he got dq'ed but anyways for everyone else whos on review please keep your head up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

Notice of Proposed Disqualification (NOPD) is different than a Disqualification (DQ)

If all you received was an NOPD and you're currently fighting it or you won, you're good to reapply with NYPD

If you've received a full DQ from the NYPD, you're officially blacklisted within NYPD, do not listen to anyone saying otherwise (including your lawyer who's other half of his job is sales). I do not know if you're blacklisted for state/county law enforcement.
                        Im confused, I was under the impression a proposed disqualification means they are trying to permanently DQ you? and you either have to withdraw or risk being permanently Dqed? I passed my investigation but then failed the psych.

I just received the letter and its dated the 28th, so that means I have a month to start the appeal and get a lawyer or does it mean that everything has to be done before a month? Thanks for the help, this is somewhat confusing.

I was just planing on using DOC as a stepping stone onto NYPD, so I'm contemplating just withdrawing from DOC and opening NYPD.
                        Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-08-2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• LukeSW
                          LukeSW commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You can withdraw your application after receiving an NOPD? I did not know that I don't have the letter.

"so that means I have a month to start the appeal and get a lawyer or does it mean that everything has to be done before a month?"

I Believe (don't quote me on this) you have exactly 1 month from the date to RESPOND to the letter, not necessarily hire a lawyer but having the lawyer during the entire process helps.

• Originally posted by staten718 View Post
                        I was in the same boat at u I did the nypd 3 times I fail pysch twice but never hired an attorney the 3rd time I did school safety and nypd at the same time so when it came to the pysch process they focused mostly on me being a police officer and referred to my previous application and notes long story short I pass aftern6 months on review and was cleared for nypd and school safety ... good luck on ur process
                        Did you withdraw? if not how could you go back after failing the psych twice?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9248 users online. 384 members and 8864 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X