Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post

Damn that sucks... Is there anyway I can withdraw now so that it dosnt show I was DQ?

I was on review for 1​​​​​​year.
    bro its already too late, a decision was made unfortunately in your case which psych themselves told you that youll be expecting a letter in the mail, at this point dude no ppoint to withdraw either fight the dq or let the dq stick in your case, why were you on review in the first place? what happened?
    but just wait for the letter and see what they dq you on

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

so if you didn't withdraw you got DQed every time? as far as i understand it, if you don't withdraw and you don't pass then you are DQ? and then were still able to come back. I know it sounds like Im asking the same question over and over and I guess I am, but its confusing. Some are saying once you are DQed its permanent and others are saying you just take another test?
      Once you get DQ'ed its permanent specially if nypd psych services finds out why you got dq for another agency they will put you on review till they get those records from the other psych department in the leo agency that you applied for but now as to your question goes even if you withdraw once they say you will get a letter in the mail its a dq regardless if you withdraw or not, im trying to understand what staten island wrote but his writting is a bit confusing as **** to understand but anyways once your dq you are dq, no point in taking another exam cause theyll reference your old file anyways.

Comment

• I would want Jay Sekulow as my lawyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

CHECK YOUR INBOX I MESSAGE YOU

Once you get DQ'ed its permanent specially if nypd psych services finds out why you got dq for another agency they will put you on review till they get those records from the other psych department in the leo agency that you applied for but now as to your question goes even if you withdraw once they say you will get a letter in the mail its a dq regardless if you withdraw or not, im trying to understand what staten island wrote but his writting is a bit confusing as **** to understand but anyways once your dq you are dq, no point in taking another exam cause theyll reference your old file anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
            I haven't posted in quite a while but I was appealing a Character DQ. I used Rob Kronenberg for the appeal. It went to the CSC. I just got news that NYPD reversed their own decision. I didn't have to bother with a CSC panel

Hey i have a quick question how did it take to hear from the CSC decision,cause i am in the appeal process too but i was for psych DQ and i just waiting for decision. Just trying to get some answer.

Comment

• jerry.cheung2
              jerry.cheung2 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to get your psych DQ in the mail? I've been on review since October '16

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

i mean depending on what you got dq for corrections nypd psych wants to know why you didnt appeal it and why you got dq'ed and honestly chances are they might put you on review and ask for the psych eval from doc then yeah theyll dq you but chances of you appeal for nypd might not go in your favor since they might reject your appeal process, they rejected my boys appeal and this was his first time ever applying for any city agency with a clean record and he swears that his interview with the psych doctor went well too till 6 months - a year he got dq'ed but anyways for everyone else whos on review please keep your head up.
            So even if I have a lawyer they can reject my appeal?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

So even if I have a lawyer they can reject my appeal?
              Yes.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post

Hey i have a quick question how did it take to hear from the CSC decision,cause i am in the appeal process too but i was for psych DQ and i just waiting for decision. Just trying to get some answer.
                It took 2 months. If I remember correctly the CSC sent me later stating they would review my appeal and make a decision in 60 days. Even though PD reversed their own decision it took about 2 months until I found out

Comment

• So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?

Comment

• LukeSW
                    LukeSW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Look up Job ID 285249 on https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new....d=psychologist.

There are STILL 8 openings as of 3/22/17 due to speculation that CURRENT psychologists are being forced to quit.

And to counter-argument against this ridiculous comment from an ex-NYPD employee:

"The NYPD APD is expanding"

They're NOT expanding, APD is simply IN THE PROCESS of moving from one location to another with keeping AS LITTLE as many employees as possible as you can see through job opening (24399) they want glorified administrative assistants to overtake the workload.
                    Last edited by LukeSW; 07-20-2017, 09:28 AM.

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
                  So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?
                  What do you think that could have possibly DQ you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
                    So i been on review since September today my psych got back at me saying ur going to receive something in the mail next two weeks , to me that sounds like a DQ anything else that they can send. Just curious?
                    bro its a notice of proposed dq so yeah it is a dq, what else could it be? just wait for the letter then get a lawyer to appeal the decesion tbh.

Comment

• A letter in the mail usually as is a hint to "hey your going to receive a notice of proposed dq letter in the mail, once you receive it you have 30 days to appeal" thats psychs way of saying the obvious and if they were going to clear you they dont need to tell you to wait for a letter in the mail, either your bi or psych can tell you if your cleared or if you randomly call apd and theyll tell you but usually a letter in the mail is always the obvious and if you were to get cleared someone will contact you by phone.

Comment

• Yea i know man, it is what it is man thats what am waiting to see on the mail a DQ letter i will not appeal just because i feel lile if its not meant to be its not meant to be, i dont have anything to worry as far as criminal records or arrest or drug or alcohol use , so if they dont want hire me its fine with me

Comment

• LukeSW
                          LukeSW commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "i dont have anything to worry as far as criminal records or arrest or drug or alcohol use , so if they dont want hire me its fine with me"

APD's hiring process is under the discretion under NYC's Civil Service Law.

If your case fits the perimeters of typical discrimination against certain types of people (I'm sorry, it's called "equal" opportunity) and IF YOU HAVE FULL REASON TO BELIEVE your case file should eventually deserve a passing grade on everything, then by all means you should seek outside counsel and bring your case up against the board panel.

Do NOT slip this by, APD wants to prolong your "investigation" as long as possible in a sad attempt so you do not do exactly what I said above. They do this in hopes of you getting accepted into a different agency ultimately so you drop your application (which no longer happens in today's job market.........)
                          Last edited by LukeSW; 07-21-2017, 09:55 AM.

• Hey guys for whoever went thru appeal and got in
                        what are the chances that if you been DQ for PD one time but never appeal in 2008 then you go for a second time for 2015 but decised to appeal and still waiting on decision. And being on review for school safety for a month already. Is there any chance that it can be on my favor or be DQ again

Comment

• Brooklynsfinest93
                          Brooklynsfinest93 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          why were you dq in the first place, and since you didnt appeal it the first time..... theres a reason why you got put on review the second time and chances are they might just want to dq you and if you appeal this time around they might want to reject your appeal... but question is what did you say to the psych the first time and the psych the second time.

• Took PD once in 2008 and got DQ but didnt appeal it the right way with a lawyer did it on my own ..so Second time i go thru the PD process got the proposal DQ letter but i hired lawyer and i just waiting for CSC decison now . I am also at the same time going thru the School Safety process but this time psych requested medical records . Papers didnt arrived on time she requested so now i am placed on review . So meaning i been thru psych evaluation 3 time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5182 users online. 242 members and 4940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X