Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [

Do you know if i can do medical color blindness exam with contact lenses because i have red/green deficiency

QUOTE=Ny sports;n4294827]

Your partially right and partially wrong. Appealing a DQ is a very difficult obstacle to overcome and you have a MUCH better chance to simply start all over again.
    The part that your wrong on which is what I thought up until recently as well, you don't have to wait 3 years for your psych to expire. Technically, you could take the psych exam over again in a month if you have a back up exam that is going through processing. You will obviously fail though. Failing a psych exam from one exam is a completely separate situation from another exam. In reality that's not really the case because they will review your previous psych records. It's imperative that you do allow a certain amount of time to pass in between the time that you failed a psych and then attempted to re-process off of another exam. I would think at the very least 2 years but 3 years or longer would be better.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• lol some of these people who use scare tactics to make canidates try to see a lawyer before knowing they might be dq or know they are getting dq, usually advertise for Robert Kronenberg, or whatever or how ever you spell his name, its pretty obvious, but whatever man to those who are on review and waiting to be cleared, just be patient they will clear you

Comment

• Originally posted by oleshka777 View Post
        [

Do you know if i can do medical color blindness exam with contact lenses because i have red/green deficiency

QUOTE=Ny sports;n4294827]

Your partially right and partially wrong. Appealing a DQ is a very difficult obstacle to overcome and you have a MUCH better chance to simply start all over again.
        The part that your wrong on which is what I thought up until recently as well, you don't have to wait 3 years for your psych to expire. Technically, you could take the psych exam over again in a month if you have a back up exam that is going through processing. You will obviously fail though. Failing a psych exam from one exam is a completely separate situation from another exam. In reality that's not really the case because they will review your previous psych records. It's imperative that you do allow a certain amount of time to pass in between the time that you failed a psych and then attempted to re-process off of another exam. I would think at the very least 2 years but 3 years or longer would be better.
        [/QUOTE]

if you dont appeal your psych dq, even if you wait, they will still cross reference those records and most likely dq you lol, who told you to wait 3 years to restart your psych?

Comment

• Unfortunately, there is too much misinformation from candidates going about the NYPD hiring process on this thread. NYPD APD investigates thousands of potential police candidates each year. They can well afford to be highly selective as to whom they want to hire. If you are disqualified for any reason; your case file is sealed and stored. If you decide to reapply by again taking the written exam- your old case file will be reopened and reviewed--and again you will be disqualified from appointment for the second time since it makes no sense in APD investing additional time and effort for a hiring issue that was previously resolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
            lol some of these people who use scare tactics to make canidates try to see a lawyer before knowing they might be dq or know they are getting dq, usually advertise for Robert Kronenberg, or whatever or how ever you spell his name, its pretty obvious, but whatever man to those who are on review and waiting to be cleared, just be patient they will clear you
            Hey BrookynFinest93
            I am in the same boat as you bro. Im waiting for the NYPD Cadet Corps. Next class is either June or July. I am on psych review since September. Idk why i am on review for. No extra documents were needed. My interview went smooth. I didnt really say anything stupid.My exam is 2217. Hopefully we both get cleared and meet in the next class. I just have my JST remaining and the last mini med. Hoping to get cleared by May. I emailed by psych doctor twice. First she said " t this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." Second time i emailed her which was around February or March she said "At this time, a final decision has not been made. Please note that as the next cadet is not until June, it is unlike that you will be scheduled for the remaining components until May." Idk what to say man.

Comment

• Originally posted by nq2497 View Post

Hey BrookynFinest93
            I am in the same boat as you bro. Im waiting for the NYPD Cadet Corps. Next class is either June or July. I am on psych review since September. Idk why i am on review for. No extra documents were needed. My interview went smooth. I didnt really say anything stupid.My exam is 2217. Hopefully we both get cleared and meet in the next class. I just have my JST remaining and the last mini med. Hoping to get cleared by May. I emailed by psych doctor twice. First she said " t this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." Second time i emailed her which was around February or March she said "At this time, a final decision has not been made. Please note that as the next cadet is not until June, it is unlike that you will be scheduled for the remaining components until May." Idk what to say man.
            yo if you want pass me your number and well keep each other updated till the next cadet class hits to see where we are at, alot of the 2217 didnt make the janaury hire or is on review, i been on review since august for my po exam and submited a letter from my hs that stated i never had any special education to my old psych before i withdrew and did the cadet processing and thats dope bro im on 2217 also and so is my boy who is on hold for a super to clear him cause they wanted to see his medical records to see if he had asthma or not and he never did but they still never cleared him, i only emailed my new doctor once and the last time i seen her was in november but in the email i sent to her 2 weeks ago she stated
            "Department psychologists are not permitted to tell candidates their final psychological status. I can tell you that you do not owe me any additional paperwork and a preliminary decision has been made in your case" cant really say much more but she ended the paragraph with stating if i am found to be unsuitable for the job ill be notified for a dq and have 30 days to appeal it.
            and also apd stated the next cadet class is gunna probably be july but yeah man it does suck cause im a senior in college with 87 credits hitting the 100 by this summer so if i dont make it honestly lol it is what it is. and also i did my jst in november also so idk why you didnt do it yet your on 2217 with me, i knew alot of 2217 people who did there jst with me in november and cadets dont have a mini med, if we are cleared 3 weeks or more prior before we get sworn in at 1 pp plaza we get called from cadet corps for employment paper work so thats another heads up dude but yeah man pm me with your number and well keep each other updated

Comment

yo if you want pass me your number and well keep each other updated till the next cadet class hits to see where we are at, alot of the 2217 didnt make the janaury hire or is on review, i been on review since august for my po exam and submited a letter from my hs that stated i never had any special education to my old psych before i withdrew and did the cadet processing and thats dope bro im on 2217 also and so is my boy who is on hold for a super to clear him cause they wanted to see his medical records to see if he had asthma or not and he never did but they still never cleared him, i only emailed my new doctor once and the last time i seen her was in november but in the email i sent to her 2 weeks ago she stated
              "Department psychologists are not permitted to tell candidates their final psychological status. I can tell you that you do not owe me any additional paperwork and a preliminary decision has been made in your case" cant really say much more but she ended the paragraph with stating if i am found to be unsuitable for the job ill be notified for a dq and have 30 days to appeal it.
              and also apd stated the next cadet class is gunna probably be july but yeah man it does suck cause im a senior in college with 87 credits hitting the 100 by this summer so if i dont make it honestly lol it is what it is. and also i did my jst in november also so idk why you didnt do it yet your on 2217 with me, i knew alot of 2217 people who did there jst with me in november and cadets dont have a mini med, if we are cleared 3 weeks or more prior before we get sworn in at 1 pp plaza we get called from cadet corps for employment paper work so thats another heads up dude but yeah man pm me with your number and well keep each other updated
              I messaged you. Text me bro

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post

Where in the world do you get your information from? It is extremely inaccurate and is misleading to others on this forum.

Firstly, Dr. Archibald RETIRED in January after 35 years of service, just like the rest of the people who work for the police department.

Psychologists are neither fired, nor forced to resign for losing an appeal. Even if a person wins an appeal, that doesn't mean that they get hired. They also work for the NYPD, you can't fire or force someone to resign from a civil service job.
                Extremely inaccurate? I personally never said how Archibald left nor do I care...The one thing we do know is she is gone.
                ​​​​
                However, you're 100% wrong in assuming that the lower-end psychologists are forced to quit when there's multiple won cases against their Psych evaluations. They're on probation and can be removed within a year due to a "Business Decision." They're easily replaced by someone else fresh out of college with a PHD

Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post

​The psychology department is expanding, as is every part of the hiring process since they moved to one location.
                Who the **** brainwashed you into thinking APD is "expanding" when they're simply just moving to one place?

They just dump the extra workload due to this atrocious backload onto the same number of employees. Sounds like you have little to no real working experience....

There's people from the 2000 series that are still waiting on their Psych Evaluation which is outrageously pathetic and unprofessional.................................... ................................The Psych department itself needs a deadline, but obivously there is none since the standards are so low they can advertise to call them when in fact no one picks up the phone.

Probably because their administrative assistants are quitting as well..............
                Last edited by LukeSW; 04-17-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

lol some of these people who use scare tactics to make canidates try to see a lawyer before knowing they might be dq or know they are getting dq, usually advertise for Robert Kronenberg, or whatever or how ever you spell his name, its pretty obvious, but whatever man to those who are on review and waiting to be cleared, just be patient they will clear you
                  Yes, it's dumb to hire a lawyer without the DQ in your hand. You have 30 days from the time you receive your DQ to appeal.

Comment

I'm also 2217, been on review since December and I haven't heard anything

Comment

• I am from 3319 and i been on review since 11-2015 and still fighting my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                        I am from 3319 and i been on review since 11-2015 and still fighting my case.
                        2015????? lol thats 2 years bro jesus, civilian board pannel hasnt made a determination to clear you
                        ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                          I am from 3319 and i been on review since 11-2015 and still fighting my case.
                          Sorry man, record so far is from 2300 series still on Psych Review (not me)....maybe next year you will hold the title.

I wonder what happened to those put on Psych review by the Psychologist who murdered her husband.....can she read their medical records behind bars? (/Sarcasm)

Comment

2015????? lol thats 2 years bro jesus, civilian board pannel hasnt made a determination to clear you
                            ?
                            He has to be crazy or his file in the bottom of the pile
                            NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
                            CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
                            Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
                            BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
                            Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
                            JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
                            Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
                            Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
                            Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almonte19 View Post

He has to be crazy or his file in the bottom of the pile
                              LMAOOO my man is wasting 2 years worth of money on a lawyer when he should be moving on to another leo agency out side of nyc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9822 users online. 472 members and 9350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X