Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
    As i read this comment of Archibald . Because of her who took the final decision i got DQ once in 2010. As i have a copy of final decison psych department took in 2010 i saw her name . I am now going thru psych appeal process due to that they used my 2010 disqualification to DQ now. I just hope i have a winning case this time now that she is gone.
    As well as 8 current APD Psychologists putting their 2 weeks notice in...

Comment

• LukeSW, i was wondering where you heard that each sucessful appeal leads to your psychologist losing their job. I'm in the process of appealing, and I've heard some conflicting information from reputable sources. Shoot me a pm.

Comment

• Fisherman99 i was thinking the same cause i am also going thru appeal processing. But this people are taking long to make a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

im not shocked that job actually sucks. Long hours, they ask you to make a judgment on a person within an hour, and the reports are long to write if done correctly which many aren't. I'm betting most of these psychologists have major debt to get their masters so the pay isn't even that great to counteract that.

Comment

• Can anyone you guys that was on Pysch Review and then got cleared up elaborate? Did you any of you have to fill this out?
            Last edited by MosNY; 04-10-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Just giving everyone a heads up:

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. There is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago unsurprisingly:

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=285249

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this psychologist in particular:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...t-guilty-plea/

I would say so far if you receive any sort of psychological DQ before the NYPD suspended the exams for a good reason, spend the money on a lawyer (around $2,000) and you'll currently have a very good chance of winning.

I can't speak on medical or investigator DQs, those are cut and dry and they're administered by people with actual credibility.
              Holy crap now that I think about it, my friend got a letter asking for a re- oral interview from a new pych and was told the first one that put him on review/DQ has resigned lol. Kind of makes sense now, he got a letter at his mini med that looks like the photo I just posted. Hopefully that means he won!

Comment

• I was on psych review, got my documents for my psychologist and met with him today where we went over everything and told me my oral psych is completed. I have no idea what that means for the academy April 12th and if they need to do more but from what the doc told me I completed review.

Comment

• Originally posted by MosNY View Post
                  Can anyone you guys that was on Pysch Review and then got cleared up elaborate? Did you any of you have to fill this out?
                  Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by MosNY View Post

Anyone?
                    That means you're off review.

Comment

• Can a person appeal a NOPD after about a year? Just wondering I'm from exam 2302 and took another one, 7326.

Comment

• removed for privacy
                        Last edited by hwguy1314; 04-11-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• What do you mean by "wake me up?" That makes no sense. If you were having problems in public speaking, and you used drugs to compensate, then you do have "social anxiety."
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

you should try if you want to. Once you get that DQ letter it is going to be very difficult to join another law enforcement agency with that DQ on your name.
                            I went ahead and got a lawyer for my appeal so we'll see how that plays out. I'm actually a CO but I don't know if I slipped through the cracks before the hiring process was revamped or if someone in DOC took a chance on PD reject lol

Comment

Where in the world do you get your information from? It is extremely inaccurate and is misleading to others on this forum.

Firstly, Dr. Archibald RETIRED in January after 35 years of service, just like the rest of the people who work for the police department.

Psychologists are neither fired, nor forced to resign for losing an appeal. Even if a person wins an appeal, that doesn't mean that they get hired. They also work for the NYPD, you can't fire or force someone to resign from a civil service job.

The psychology department is expanding, as is every part of the hiring process since they moved to one location.

Get your facts straight.
                              Last edited by mike_s1234; 04-13-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post

Where in the world do you get your information from? It is extremely inaccurate and is misleading to others on this forum.

Firstly, Dr. Archibald RETIRED in January after 35 years of service, just like the rest of the people who work for the police department.

Psychologists are neither fired, nor forced to resign for losing an appeal. Even if a person wins an appeal, that doesn't mean that they get hired. They also work for the NYPD, you can't fire or force someone to resign from a civil service job.

The psychology department is expanding, as is every part of the hiring process since they moved to one location.

Get your facts straight.
                                I don't know what possesses these candidates to talk off the top of their heads with misinformation. Only one out of 12 candidates who pass the written exam will make it into the academy. And getting DQed from NYPD employment isn't necessarily the end of the line for other LE employment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9558 users online. 449 members and 9109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X