Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freddy3319 View Post
    BROOKLYNSFINEST93
    sam boat at you let me know what you find out.
    got you brother

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
      can anyone explain for people on review if a psych tells you that" a prelimiary decesion has been made" does that mean that a canidates file will passed onto another psych to make a final determination or thats it?
      Usually after a preliminary decision has been made you will have to wait to be notified by the psych or BI. Simply put a decision has been rendered and you will be notified about what their determination is. I was put on review for additional medical paperwork. When I emailed apd i was told that a preliminary decision has been made and "someone" will contact me with an update. Hope that helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

got you brother
        Keep me posted as well, and how long does this process take ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeOwnTheNight View Post

Keep me posted as well, and how long does this process take ?
          honestly im hoping its less then a couple of weeks for the files to be updated, theres alot of people at the moment who are waiting for an answer, usually they would tell you wait for a letter in the mail but most of the time theyll clear you and wont tell you but im suppose to go in july so well see whats going on dude, ill keep you guys posted

Comment

• Deleted...
            Last edited by StrongIsland94; 05-06-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post

I know with medical/psych appeals you would get an independent doctor to review your file and dispute PDs findings but how is it being disputed with background?
              can you send me your lawyers info if you're satisfied with him/her
              I got the attorney from Vista. I believe he provided you with his contact info. My Aunt actually went to law school with him so she has told me nothing but good things about him as well as from Vista.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

I got the attorney from Vista. I believe he provided you with his contact info. My Aunt actually went to law school with him so she has told me nothing but good things about him as well as from Vista.
                I reached out to a few lawyers including the lawyer Vista recommended. I'm not sure if I'll go the appeal route but I'm leaning towards it even though the odds are not at all in my favor. Just don't want that "What if" cloud hanging over me

Comment

• Dooky... CCCSD... stop the bickering or be banned. You're ruining this thread for the rest of the users. Only warning.
                  sigpic
                  The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                  PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post

I reached out to a few lawyers including the lawyer Vista recommended. I'm not sure if I'll go the appeal route but I'm leaning towards it even though the odds are not at all in my favor. Just don't want that "What if" cloud hanging over me
                    you should try if you want to. Once you get that DQ letter it is going to be very difficult to join another law enforcement agency with that DQ on your name.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone is in the midst of an appeal or has any updates. Feel free to pm.

Comment

• Has anyone on review heard anything or got approved for the April class

Comment

• Just giving everyone a heads up:

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. There is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago unsurprisingly:

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=285249

(Type in Job ID 285249)

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this psychologist in particular:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...t-guilty-plea/

I would say so far if you receive any sort of psychological DQ before the NYPD suspended the exams for a good reason, spend the money on a lawyer (around $2,000) and you'll currently have a very good chance of winning.

I can't speak on medical or investigator DQs, those are cut and dry and they're administered by people with actual credibility.
                          Last edited by LukeSW; 04-23-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
                            Just giving everyone a heads up:

Every time a candidate successfully appeals a Psychological DQ, usually the psychologist gets fired or is persuaded to quit. Don't believe me? Well there is currently 8 positions available as of 16 days ago:

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?keyword=285249

Before the Director of the Psychological Department was forced to quit (AKA fired) on January 2017, she hired this
                            Just curious, any idea why they got rid of the head of the psych unit. Think her name was Archibald?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nypd16 View Post

Just curious, any idea why they got rid of the head of the psych unit. Think her name was Archibald?
                              Yes Archibald, I couldn't think of her name.

Stress, that's why she left.
                              Last edited by LukeSW; 04-09-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• As i read this comment of Archibald . Because of her who took the final decision i got DQ once in 2010. As i have a copy of final decison psych department took in 2010 i saw her name . I am now going thru psych appeal process due to that they used my 2010 disqualification to DQ now. I just hope i have a winning case this time now that she is gone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5270 users online. 205 members and 5065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X