Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So are you saying if someone was DQ'd on a seperate exam and ges through the process 3 years later is scewed?
    NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• Yes, I have heard it has gotten a lot tougher. I do know that non-hazardous movers are not treated the same as hazardous. That's the only part of what you said that bothered me. They use a point system similar to the DMV but there are "point" thresholds that are established for the 9 month, 18 month, 3 year, and 5 year mark. 6 points in 9 months = review. 10 points in 18 months equals review. 15 in 3 years, same thing. More than 20 points over 5 years, same thing. (The amount of points may be slightly different now for review) Non-hazardous movers like a muffler or tint ticket are 2 points. Hazardous movers are 3 OR 4 depending on the offense. Stop sign violation = 3 points. Speeding = 4 points. Passing a school bus = 4 points. A reckless driving summons is 6 points and will in most cases trigger a review. I know that any type of summons is undesirable but things happen, sometimes a tail light goes out and the driver had no idea until the issuance of the summons. Non-hazardous moving summonses are the LEAST likely to get you jammed up aside from maybe parking tickets.

Comment

• Yea not too worried about any summonses. I havent recieved one in over 2 years. what about any kind of high school disciplines? Do they care about that? Would being a federal employee be a plus?
        NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• So any responses about my questions above ^^^
          NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• High school disciplinary issues could potentially pose a problem. Your investigator will send reference sheets to your schools. What kind of disciplinary action are we talking about here?

Comment

• Guys please ready back from my personal experiences , as I was the one who made this thread for a reason...

With my process time line and outcome:

NYPD Cadet on 2009 - Review, had me going around get some papers then got tired and drop out of process.
              NYPD P.O - 2011 - Review because the psych Dr when and got the last interview for cadet paperwork to see if I was laying about anything I said. Also see what was the outcome of last interview.
              DEP Police -P.O= 2012 and put on review after the dr look at my pass interview and saw I got dq for NYPD P.O ( because NYPD does process for DEP Police also)

PLEASE NOTE ANY JOB AND THAT IS WITH CITY OF NY AND IS PROCESS BY NYPD PSYCH SERVICES WILL LOOK AT YOUR PASS FOLDER AND CONPARE YOUR ANSWERS AND NOTE OF PREVIEW INTERVIEW AND WILL PUT YOU ON REVIEW AND MOST LIKELY DQ'S OK!!

ALSO IF YOU APPEAL AND GET LUCKY ( !!AS WINNING THE MEGA MILLION LUCKY!!) YOU WIN AND YOUR MONEY WAS WORTH IT BUT IT SUPER HARD TO WIN A APPEALS. I LOST BOTH OF MY APPEALS WITH NYPD WITHOUT A HEARING FROM CIVIL SERVICES COMMISSION.

ALSO YOU CAN GET HIRE IN OTHER AGENCY THAT DOES NOT PROCESS WITH NYPD IT CAN BE POSIBLE SO DONT THING BECAUSE NYPD DQ YOU CANT GET HIRE AS A P.O ELSE WHERE.
              Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Nothing physical or anything crazy. Walked out of class b/c i had to take a crap really bad, some detentions here and there and i was involved in a major food fight.
                NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• What if you get a bad eval from a State psych do you think that will affect my nyc pysch eval? I was told that my records were sealed, but im worried that if they find out that i had that one bad review from a state agency that the nyc will dq me bc of it.

Comment

• Can't give you a definitive answer man. It doesn't sound like a major issue. You'll have to gothrough the process and see. How old are you now and how long ago did this studf happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclone99x View Post
                      What if you get a bad eval from a State psych do you think that will affect my nyc pysch eval? I was told that my records were sealed, but im worried that if they find out that i had that one bad review from a state agency that the nyc will dq me bc of it.
                      They will most certainly see the other Psychologist's Evaluation (either in advance, or be placed on review until they look over those records), and yes, it will have a bearing on the NYPD Psychologists decision.

Candidates are examined on a Case by Case basis- with all facts taken into account. Perhaps the NYPD Psychologist will disagree with the NYS Psychologist / review, or perhaps they will agree. But be forewarned, these guy's tend to err on the side of caution, and having a "letter in your jacket" that says something negative may cause them to be prejudicial to your case.

My best advice to you, would be to check out a website www (dot) lawenforcementpeptalk (dot) com .... Go over your case in depth with these guys and let them explain how to mitigate any issues you may encounter. They have seen it all, and handled it all.
                      Last edited by V1STA; 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM.
                      IF YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME [email protected] is the best way.

If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or [email protected]

If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by 69Camaro View Post
                        Nothing physical or anything crazy. Walked out of class b/c i had to take a crap really bad, some detentions here and there and i was involved in a major food fight.
                        Go to your High School's custodian of records, and see what is actually in your file. Many times minor things like this are never formally recorded. Then, it's up to you what you report- but, get if you get caught in a lie and you're case will be "dead in the water".

If you file is devoid of any other negative info, a few detentions shouldn't hurt.

(Unless they were for stuff involving racism, bias, sexual harassment- repeated violent offenses, these will cause an immediate review for obvious reasons. ).
                        Last edited by V1STA; 02-06-2013, 11:19 AM.

If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or [email protected]

If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                          Yes, I have heard it has gotten a lot tougher. I do know that non-hazardous movers are not treated the same as hazardous. That's the only part of what you said that bothered me. They use a point system similar to the DMV but there are "point" thresholds that are established for the 9 month, 18 month, 3 year, and 5 year mark. 6 points in 9 months = review. 10 points in 18 months equals review. 15 in 3 years, same thing. More than 20 points over 5 years, same thing. (The amount of points may be slightly different now for review) Non-hazardous movers like a muffler or tint ticket are 2 points. Hazardous movers are 3 OR 4 depending on the offense. Stop sign violation = 3 points. Speeding = 4 points. Passing a school bus = 4 points. A reckless driving summons is 6 points and will in most cases trigger a review. I know that any type of summons is undesirable but things happen, sometimes a tail light goes out and the driver had no idea until the issuance of the summons. Non-hazardous moving summonses are the LEAST likely to get you jammed up aside from maybe parking tickets.
                          With that said, the discretion of the individual investigator can influence the outcome quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011
                            He's not a bad guy really but I suspect he has other interests and motives here. The fact is that this forum is not a place to peddle services or promote one service over another. Any candidate who wishes to appeal can decide for themselves who to use for representation. That being said, I know Vista speaks from personal experience concerning the difficulties with the hiring process and he is well intentioned, if he wants to promote services, then he should do so through Private Messaging.
                            I have nothing to gain by pointing these guys in the right direction- be it a monetary gain or otherwise. I am not forcing people to use any ones services. I have never given BAD information to anyone on here.

I post publicly, because i do not have the time to individually PM everyone who asks for help. If its in public site, then its free info for all to use.

Comment

• So was called today by the psych services after I called them and was told that my file is with a supervisor for review and I will be receiving a letter with the results. This sounds bad....is it or can it still go the right way???
                              NYPD
                              Exam #0310 Score: 9x.x
                              List 3xx
                              APD5: Done
                              Initial character investigation: Done
                              Medical: Passed
                              Written psych: Done
                              Meet with BI: Done
                              Oral psych: Done (Review)
                              JST: Passed
                              BI follow up: Done (Background complete)
                              Mini Med: Spring 2013
                              BI follow up: Spring 2013
                              Academy: July 2013 (hopefully)

Comment

• That doesn't sound good. You don't get a letter when you pass. Usually only when you fail. Sorry man.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10763 users online. 458 members and 10305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X