Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told the same thing they have made a philiminary decision its up to the supervisor i m eiather going to get a DQ or continue the process so for now am waiting i dont know if its good thing or bad thing

Comment

• atleast you guys are hearing things, I haven't heard a whisper since I've been on review 3 months now. Ive pretty much moved on, sometimes god does stuff and you don't know it's good for you right away.

Comment

• still no news on my a pysch review.
        Last edited by godisgood92; 01-30-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys whats going on. I have a question regarding the oral psych. The person that handles the oral interview does it matter if they are a psychologist or social worker?

Comment

• Exam4328 Samehre im stil on psych review since november. Im just going to wait it out either Dq or cleared, dont really mind. I have other options anyway.

Comment

• Hello guys,
              I have been on psych review since September. I'm not sure whats going on. I am currently on review for the NYPD Cadet Corps program. I am also a current Auxiliary police officer. I dont know why i am on review for. At the end of the interview, she didnt need any more documents. Mines lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. I passed my medical and then took the written and oral. My investigator cleared me for my investigation part. I'm not sure why I was placed on review...I emailed my psych doctor around December. She stated, " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." What do you guys think? I always wanted to serve and protect the city of New York I was born and raised in. Am i going to be DQ'ed? Should I email her again?

Comment

• Originally posted by nq2497 View Post
                Hello guys,
                I have been on psych review since September. I'm not sure whats going on. I am currently on review for the NYPD Cadet Corps program. I am also a current Auxiliary police officer. I dont know why i am on review for. At the end of the interview, she didnt need any more documents. Mines lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. I passed my medical and then took the written and oral. My investigator cleared me for my investigation part. I'm not sure why I was placed on review...I emailed my psych doctor around December. She stated, " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." What do you guys think? I always wanted to serve and protect the city of New York I was born and raised in. Am i going to be DQ'ed? Should I email her again?
                Reach out to APD to see your status, if you're still on review send a courtesy email to your psychologist. Its been 5 months, they shouldn't get bothered by a simple courtesy email. If anything if that still doesn't work, call your investigator to ask him/her the best course of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by birdman123 View Post

Reach out to APD to see your status, if you're still on review send a courtesy email to your psychologist. Its been 5 months, they shouldn't get bothered by a simple courtesy email. If anything if that still doesn't work, call your investigator to ask him/her the best course of action.
                  I reach out to APD every week or so. I sent a courtesy email to my psych doctor about december. I don't think i should send another email right now this month..Plus the next class is July. It won't really matter right now maybe that's why they haven't really looked into my case. I'll email my doctor maybe a month from now.. Next class for NYPD Cadets is July.

Comment

• hey i took the oral psych for school safety i have been post on review for high school records i accidentally misplaced the fax number for psych dept i beleived it was dr jessica who was the interviewer if somebody could Pm the fax number for psych dept thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

What do you mean by "might be if I open my file back up"?

You mean trying to contact the Psychological Assessment Center that never picks up or e-mails anyone? That's just you trying to get information from an unprofessional section of the APD.

That's not re-opening a case, you need to be DQed first to re-open a case.
                      I withdrew and contemplated opening my file back up. They said I could. However I will probably just take another test in case. Trying out for other agency's

Comment

• Originally posted by birdman123 View Post

I heard they only do the actually reviews twice a year. The guy who told me that worked in apd for a while, not sure if he's right but he seemed to know his stuff. He said that most people who fight it with a lawyer end up getting on in his experience.

Comment

• well I'm gonna fight mines, as there is no reason for me to be DQ. only problem I have is why take so long to deliver the disappointment. the sooner the paperwork is received the faster I can start the appeal process.

Comment

• I decided I'm gonna email my psych doctor. Any samples anyone can suggest how to write it to her? It has to be courteous and professional. It's been 6 months since my oral interview. I emailed her December and she said " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." Should I email her again? Or does it look like automatic DQ and wait for my disappointing letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by nq2497 View Post
                              I decided I'm gonna email my psych doctor. Any samples anyone can suggest how to write it to her? It has to be courteous and professional. It's been 6 months since my oral interview. I emailed her December and she said " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." Should I email her again? Or does it look like automatic DQ and wait for my disappointing letter?
                              Were you on review?

Comment

• How do I contact APD?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9575 users online. 450 members and 9125 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X