Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and no that's the problem I passed it, i just was so excited the whole process I guess I never stopped to think. when I saw the question have u ever taken a oral psych I said no. but I genuinely just didn't remember. why would I lie about a psych I passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

Actually sometimes psych can take awhile to send your file to the civil courts for it to appeal and sometimes the appeals can last for atmost 2 years bro but so far you right about appealing the DQ but dont annoying psych lol they will ignore your email.
      I forgot to mention, if you passed your appeal you have to go in for another interview with a different psych lol and probably do your process for medical and jst if it hasnt expired yet by that time.
      I have to retake the jst and mini med. Also meet with another investigator I believe. The psych part is all taken care of now. I've had 2 interviews already and on my record it says psych qualified. Did you have to appeal to get off of psych review? Or were you just cleared?

Comment

• Originally posted by DBASDEO View Post

I have to retake the jst and mini med. Also meet with another investigator I believe. The psych part is all taken care of now. I've had 2 interviews already and on my record it says psych qualified. Did you have to appeal to get off of psych review? Or were you just cleared?
        i was fortunate to have a great psych during my second interview for another title and she vouched for me and it took me a while for me to be taken off review but no i didnt appeal nada man you just gotta have patience and wait but glad your cleared and off that system, btw don't mind the post on the bottom.

Public service annoucment lol : since this is a public forum and people read what we write and like to go back and tell others, cool story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post

i was fortunate to have a great psych during my second interview for another title and she vouched for me and it took me a while for me to be taken off review but no i didnt appeal nada man you just gotta have patience and wait but glad your cleared and off that system, btw don't mind the post on the bottom.

Public service annoucment lol : since this is a public forum and people read what we write and like to go back and tell others, cool story.

How long did it take you to get off review?

Comment

• Any one know how much money it costs for a lawyer to appeal a DQ? Or a psych DQ? I haven't been DQed but might be if I open my file back up. Just curious how much fighting it costs. Thanks

Comment

• 3 to 5 grand easy. If it is a character disqualification it will be next to impossible to overturn.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
                Any one know how much money it costs for a lawyer to appeal a DQ? Or a psych DQ? I haven't been DQed but might be if I open my file back up. Just curious how much fighting it costs. Thanks
                What do you mean by "might be if I open my file back up"?

You mean trying to contact the Psychological Assessment Center that never picks up or e-mails anyone? That's just you trying to get information from an unprofessional section of the APD.

That's not re-opening a case, you need to be DQed first to re-open a case.
                Last edited by LukeSW; 01-17-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• any news from anyone? as far as there review goes? still nothing on my end.

Comment

Last edited by FP0704; 06-06-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• man first and foremost sorry to hear, that job is very hard to come by. and for you to make it that far and fail because of literally telling that truth makes no sense. I was put in a similar situation for my nypd psych. long story short I feel your pain and i dont even know you. I never did, but to my knowledge they are going to request that information and question you about it. and they don't tell you specifics as to why you fail/ review/dq. which makes no sense also, I'm starting to believe maybe god Just had no plans for me to join the PD.

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post
                        I recently took a polygraph exam for Homeland Security CBP position and received an "unfavorable result. I have not received information as to why but my guess is that is was due to information the examiner wanted as to exact number of times I experimented with marijuana in 2005 and I could not provide him with exact number of times as it would've been a lie in itself. I was just wondering if anyone went through NYPD psych with an unfavorable POLYGRAPH result from another agency and how did it go? Did they question about specifics of why you got an "unfavorable" (because i don't even know myself) or do they obtain this information and question you on it. I don't know if there is some sort of privacy act on obtaining that information. If anyone knows or has any information on this i would truly appreciate it.

I do not recall them asking if I ever took a polygraph, rather most of the questions were geared towards if I have ever seen a psychologist or had any problems that involved seeing a doctor. If not asked, don't disclose. The less you say that you have too , the better for you.

Comment

• I been on review since sept , now i heard there is 2 type of review u can be on review and still do jst and mini med and there a review where u cant do them how dose it work which one is worst

Comment

• I'd assume the one where you can't do nothing else etc. I guess that's the one I'm on, I haven't done my JST or mini med. and I've been on review since September also.

Comment

• I've been on review for about a month or so. I just received an email from my psych saying that they have reached a preliminary decision on my case, but it has to be reviewed by a supervising psychologist. That means that they must have proposed to disqualify me, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by PnB View Post
                                I've been on review for about a month or so. I just received an email from my psych saying that they have reached a preliminary decision on my case, but it has to be reviewed by a supervising psychologist. That means that they must have proposed to disqualify me, correct?
                                No not necessarily, when you are put on review the final decision must get confirmed through a 'supervising psychologist', to either be cleared or dq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10189 users online. 439 members and 9750 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X