Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam 4328 list4** im also in psych review since november.i finish all my process initial med, psych, jst and mni med.right now im still waiting if i have a chance for April class..dont lose hope bro stay positive and keep yourself busy!.

Comment

• Leaving John Lin posts up. User has been issued an infraction and will be banned if behavior continues.
      I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
      Cheers

Comment

• hey nyc01 I'm not, but it's not looking good. I did my oral psych and afterwards I wasn't even given a mini med or JST. heck for all i know not even my bg investigation is completed. and it's hard not to get frustrated when your dream job is hanging by a thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by godisgood92 View Post
          hey nyc01 I'm not, but it's not looking good. I did my oral psych and afterwards I wasn't even given a mini med or JST. heck for all i know not even my bg investigation is completed. and it's hard not to get frustrated when your dream job is hanging by a thread.
          Have you been in contact with your Investigator lately?

Comment

• Godisgood keep yourself busy and dont let it stop you from doing anything or be frustrated. I too after i completed everything submittd my documents i thought i was gona be in Jan class but what the heck I just let it be if im not suitable for being a PO then i wont force it maybe God just dont want me to become PO. Keep your heads up bro. I dont even knw why im on psych review, my psychologst didnt ask anymore documents because i brought evrything she just ask my transcript,diploma and discharge from the military so that was it. Im just going to wait it out bro just like everyone.stay positive bro!.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone on here. I posted in the exam 2344 section but I thought I'd shed some light here as well. For those of you wondering about time frames here it goes....I was placed on psych review around oct. Of 2014. Then received my proposed dq letter in Dec of 2015. I retained a lawyer and outside psychologist and was granted a second psych interview in Aug of 2016. Now here I am jan 2017 and I've finally been cleared from psych review. It's been a long uphill battle but I'm happy to know that I can finally move forward. Hopefully there's no more hold ups and I make it through. Best of luck to everyone on here!

Comment

• cjpierre
                cjpierre commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh wow over 3 years!!! How much the lawyer and psy cost you over all? When did you start the academy?

• yeah, but I emailed her thur gone and I haven't gotten response yet. also I kept asking her why have i not been scheduled for the mini and JST. she replied be patient, then said why don't I try applying for other agencies which got me suspicious. all and all I have a clean record my brother is a SGT in the department. I don't see the problem.

Comment

• cjpierre
                cjpierre commented
                Editing a comment
                Does knowing people in the department can help your case? Were you cleared?

• and 3 years hats off to you my boy, ive been on review for 4 months and i dont know how to handle it. just hurts knowing you have the passion and love for the job and it's being taken away. and to draw out the process like that makes no sense.

Comment

• From what i know you can still take JST and mini med if your still in psych review but thats it you cant be hired though till your cleared. I think everone situation is difference bro. I mean when did you took your psych interview godisgood?. You must have answer some questions wrong or something that might fail you.

Comment

and 3 years hats off to you my boy, ive been on review for 4 months and i dont know how to handle it. just hurts knowing you have the passion and love for the job and it's being taken away. and to draw out the process like that makes no sense.
                  It will take a while before you hear back from them. You should stay in contact with your psychologist though. Maybe an email once a month or so. At this point your investigator or brother can't do anything other than tell you that you're on psych review unfortunately unless they know someone in the psych dept. You should look into when your exam expires though. I don't think they can just leave you there until you expire. You'll have to be given an opportunity to appeal if there is a dq. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Comment

yeah, but I emailed her thur gone and I haven't gotten response yet. also I kept asking her why have i not been scheduled for the mini and JST. she replied be patient, then said why don't I try applying for other agencies which got me suspicious. all and all I have a clean record my brother is a SGT in the department. I don't see the problem.
                    Bro psych doesnt care if you have a family member on service at all lol hooks dont count as a part of psych, you know how long it took for alot of people to be cleared including myself ? 6-8 months and i had like minor stupid tickets from Transit, anyways NOTHING is official until you recieve an email or a letter for a DQ from the psych department, i understand you mad and fustrated but what can you do? your in the hands and mercy of the psych department, they have standards and expect us to meet them at those standard, its all about your creditbility, how well you present your self and if you can handle what they dish out at you, i personally believe 1/10 candiates who go to that oral pass and dont get put on review and the rest do, if you scroll back and look at what past canidates have posted on this page you can learn alot about the psych department, but as of this moment bro you are on the waiting list with everyone, what ever your on review for and how your interview went is between you and your psych, if you think it went well then all you can do is wait to be cleared but if you did bad on your interview then well you know the rest bro but dont beat yourself up too much and dont bother or annoy your psych, long story short my boy who applied for correction got dq today and he was one of most qualified candiates that i know and they did him dirty. Keep your head up.

Comment

• BI cant do anything but be a reference for you when psych calls them and ask them about your background, if you passed your back ground check or not, even if you know someone who works in the psych office its gunna be hard to influence the supervisor but honestly just wait and keep asking apd to check your status every month or so bro, lemme know if anything changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DBASDEO View Post

It will take a while before you hear back from them. You should stay in contact with your psychologist though. Maybe an email once a month or so. At this point your investigator or brother can't do anything other than tell you that you're on psych review unfortunately unless they know someone in the psych dept. You should look into when your exam expires though. I don't think they can just leave you there until you expire. You'll have to be given an opportunity to appeal if there is a dq. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
                        Actually sometimes psych can take awhile to send your file to the civil courts for it to appeal and sometimes the appeals can last for atmost 2 years bro but so far you right about appealing the DQ but dont annoying psych lol they will ignore your email.
                        I forgot to mention, if you passed your appeal you have to go in for another interview with a different psych lol and probably do your process for medical and jst if it hasnt expired yet by that time.
                        Last edited by Brooklynsfinest93; 01-09-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• 2ServeNProtect
                          2ServeNProtect commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you pass your appeal during a psych DQ, would psych call you back for a second interview?

• Brooklynsfinest93
                          Brooklynsfinest93 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes you’ll be called eventually and they’ll call you in to ask a few questions prob with the super visor and you’ll be processed, in short you’ll be ok cause they can’t fail you.

• I know but it is frustrating, also I didn't expect my brother to pull me in. he's nor myself is that kind of person. I'm just saying it has to give me like the benefit of the doubt if I'm in the middle. also I thought my interview went ok. I did forget to put that I did a psych oral for the cadet 2 years ago. she then asked if I had memory problems.

Comment

I know but it is frustrating, also I didn't expect my brother to pull me in. he's nor myself is that kind of person. I'm just saying it has to give me like the benefit of the doubt if I'm in the middle. also I thought my interview went ok. I did forget to put that I did a psych oral for the cadet 2 years ago. she then asked if I had memory problems.
                          Did you get put on review for cadet or something? but look man lol i know how you feel but to psych your a civilian like the rest of us folk, your brother cant do much for you during this process, all you can do is wait and hope for the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11551 users online. 447 members and 11104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X