Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man first and foremost sorry to hear, that job is very hard to come by. and for you to make it that far and fail because of literally telling that truth makes no sense. I was put in a similar situation for my nypd psych. long story short I feel your pain and i dont even know you. I never did, but to my knowledge they are going to request that information and question you about it. and they don't tell you specifics as to why you fail/ review/dq. which makes no sense also, I'm starting to believe maybe god Just had no plans for me to join the PD.

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post
      I recently took a polygraph exam for Homeland Security CBP position and received an "unfavorable result. I have not received information as to why but my guess is that is was due to information the examiner wanted as to exact number of times I experimented with marijuana in 2005 and I could not provide him with exact number of times as it would've been a lie in itself. I was just wondering if anyone went through NYPD psych with an unfavorable POLYGRAPH result from another agency and how did it go? Did they question about specifics of why you got an "unfavorable" (because i don't even know myself) or do they obtain this information and question you on it. I don't know if there is some sort of privacy act on obtaining that information. If anyone knows or has any information on this i would truly appreciate it.

I do not recall them asking if I ever took a polygraph, rather most of the questions were geared towards if I have ever seen a psychologist or had any problems that involved seeing a doctor. If not asked, don't disclose. The less you say that you have too , the better for you.

Comment

• I been on review since sept , now i heard there is 2 type of review u can be on review and still do jst and mini med and there a review where u cant do them how dose it work which one is worst

Comment

• I'd assume the one where you can't do nothing else etc. I guess that's the one I'm on, I haven't done my JST or mini med. and I've been on review since September also.

Comment

• I've been on review for about a month or so. I just received an email from my psych saying that they have reached a preliminary decision on my case, but it has to be reviewed by a supervising psychologist. That means that they must have proposed to disqualify me, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by PnB View Post
              I've been on review for about a month or so. I just received an email from my psych saying that they have reached a preliminary decision on my case, but it has to be reviewed by a supervising psychologist. That means that they must have proposed to disqualify me, correct?
              No not necessarily, when you are put on review the final decision must get confirmed through a 'supervising psychologist', to either be cleared or dq

Comment

• I was told the same thing they have made a philiminary decision its up to the supervisor i m eiather going to get a DQ or continue the process so for now am waiting i dont know if its good thing or bad thing

Comment

• atleast you guys are hearing things, I haven't heard a whisper since I've been on review 3 months now. Ive pretty much moved on, sometimes god does stuff and you don't know it's good for you right away.

Comment

• still no news on my a pysch review.
                    Last edited by godisgood92; 01-30-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys whats going on. I have a question regarding the oral psych. The person that handles the oral interview does it matter if they are a psychologist or social worker?

Comment

• Exam4328 Samehre im stil on psych review since november. Im just going to wait it out either Dq or cleared, dont really mind. I have other options anyway.

Comment

• Hello guys,
                          I have been on psych review since September. I'm not sure whats going on. I am currently on review for the NYPD Cadet Corps program. I am also a current Auxiliary police officer. I dont know why i am on review for. At the end of the interview, she didnt need any more documents. Mines lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. I passed my medical and then took the written and oral. My investigator cleared me for my investigation part. I'm not sure why I was placed on review...I emailed my psych doctor around December. She stated, " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." What do you guys think? I always wanted to serve and protect the city of New York I was born and raised in. Am i going to be DQ'ed? Should I email her again?

Comment

• Originally posted by nq2497 View Post
                            Hello guys,
                            I have been on psych review since September. I'm not sure whats going on. I am currently on review for the NYPD Cadet Corps program. I am also a current Auxiliary police officer. I dont know why i am on review for. At the end of the interview, she didnt need any more documents. Mines lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. I passed my medical and then took the written and oral. My investigator cleared me for my investigation part. I'm not sure why I was placed on review...I emailed my psych doctor around December. She stated, " At this time a preliminary decision has been reached but requires an associate report, which can take time, as the report must be generated, reviewed, and finalized. Please be patient, as psychologists see hundreds of candidates each month. You will be notified when a decision is finalized." What do you guys think? I always wanted to serve and protect the city of New York I was born and raised in. Am i going to be DQ'ed? Should I email her again?
                            Reach out to APD to see your status, if you're still on review send a courtesy email to your psychologist. Its been 5 months, they shouldn't get bothered by a simple courtesy email. If anything if that still doesn't work, call your investigator to ask him/her the best course of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by birdman123 View Post

Reach out to APD to see your status, if you're still on review send a courtesy email to your psychologist. Its been 5 months, they shouldn't get bothered by a simple courtesy email. If anything if that still doesn't work, call your investigator to ask him/her the best course of action.
                              I reach out to APD every week or so. I sent a courtesy email to my psych doctor about december. I don't think i should send another email right now this month..Plus the next class is July. It won't really matter right now maybe that's why they haven't really looked into my case. I'll email my doctor maybe a month from now.. Next class for NYPD Cadets is July.

Comment

• hey i took the oral psych for school safety i have been post on review for high school records i accidentally misplaced the fax number for psych dept i beleived it was dr jessica who was the interviewer if somebody could Pm the fax number for psych dept thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5276 users online. 361 members and 4915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X