Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ami94 View Post

Damn. The reason why I'm asking is because its been 5 months that I've been on review. The only thing my psych tells me is that she doesn't need any records from me at this time. I'm being patient, but hopefully turns in my favor.
    just wait.. it took about 10 months so i guess once you reach that 11 month mark then consider hiring an attorney if you want to fight it.

Comment

• Hi everybody, I am new to this forum. If I failed an oral psych test from out of state will this prevent me from being hired by NYPD? Will they share the results of the interview or is this information confidential? I was not sure how the hiring process works and if this will be a hard obstacle to overcome. Any insight or perspective would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Yes nypd psych will be looking into it and will be asking why you were DQ from that state psych, psych will do there own investigation on it and your chances would be 50/50 man, depends on how you word things when you speak to the psych

Comment

• Hello everyone

Anyone know exactly what the psych will ask. What type of questions they will ask. I gotten into a two bumper fenders when I started driving when I was 16. And I had got 3 traffic violations but two of them were not guilty.

@brooklynFinest93

Comment

• question,called about my status i have been on psych review for about 3 weeks now. My psych dr wanted a personnel profile from my current job in which ive worked at for the last four years. Its against my companys policy to give out any positive or negative info about their employees so my human resource head faxed the psychologist. Ive been calling the last week or so to see my status and they kept saying psych review. Today i called and they told me "discontinued process" i asked what that meant and they didnt give me much of an answer saying to get in touch with my psychologist. I asked if that mean i was DQed and the officer said no. I dont know if they were being nice. Around 545pm my psychologist emailed me again saying she made a decision. I tried calling apd but they were closed. Ive never been in any trouble at all tickets arrests nothing of the sort. Does this mean im DQ'd?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeB_NY View Post
              question,called about my status i have been on psych review for about 3 weeks now. My psych dr wanted a personnel profile from my current job in which ive worked at for the last four years. Its against my companys policy to give out any positive or negative info about their employees so my human resource head faxed the psychologist. Ive been calling the last week or so to see my status and they kept saying psych review. Today i called and they told me "discontinued process" i asked what that meant and they didnt give me much of an answer saying to get in touch with my psychologist. I asked if that mean i was DQed and the officer said no. I dont know if they were being nice. Around 545pm my psychologist emailed me again saying she made a decision. I tried calling apd but they were closed. Ive never been in any trouble at all tickets arrests nothing of the sort. Does this mean im DQ'd?
              What is ur psych name? its not ur DQ its just that they will not take u off psych still that info comes to them . They just stop working on your case that what it means .

Comment

• Can you pm me

Comment

Can you pm me
                  Did you see your pm ?
                  Last edited by onetime96; 12-17-2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• MikeB_NY discontinued means you didn't provide the pertaining documents on time! nothing to worry about,
                    NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
                    Score: 85
                    List: 6XX December, 2015
                    APD-5:
                    Medical:
                    Written Psychological:
                    Oral Psychological:
                    BI Meet:
                    JST:
                    Mini Med:

Comment

• The thing is, i met her deadline. My job was in contact with her numerous times. Thats why i am a little taken back. Hoping it all works out. I appreciate the feed back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
                        I'm on psych review for NYPD, That will affect any chances with MTA Police ? I was invited to take the exam for MTA Police. I read if you are being disqualified by NYPD, you have no chances with Corrections and Port Authority. I'm not disqualified yet, I'm on psych Review, but I know it's coming. So what are my chances if I take the exam for MTA Police ?

Comment

• I so far past everything but they won't give me an oral interview date ? Anyone have an email for them ?

Comment

• I'm one of those people that knows they more than likely will be disqualified from the NYPD due to being past therapy history when I was a kid (parents sent me to a psychiatrist when I was like 5 or 6 when they were getting divorced) and apparently the pysch put down that I had "suicidal tendencies", which is also the reason I was DQ'd from the Navy. I still want to give it a shot because I have no suicidal tendencies at all, even back then. The worst that can happen is they put me on hold for a long time or dq me, in which case I would say to appeal and see where it goes from there.

From what I heard, the MTA PD is a bit more "lenient" when it comes to certain tests, so it's possible that they would still take a candidate who was disqualified from the NYPD. Just to be on the safe side overall, I would say to make sure you know your past paperwork, background, etc, all before you fill out any background forms so you know what you're going to be talking about. The more you know, the easier it will be to explain yourself and what could happen. Best of luck to everyone and remember, if you don't get into law enforcement, there are plenty of jobs out there that you can be successful at.

Comment

question,called about my status i have been on psych review for about 3 weeks now. My psych dr wanted a personnel profile from my current job in which ive worked at for the last four years. Its against my companys policy to give out any positive or negative info about their employees so my human resource head faxed the psychologist. Ive been calling the last week or so to see my status and they kept saying psych review. Today i called and they told me "discontinued process" i asked what that meant and they didnt give me much of an answer saying to get in touch with my psychologist. I asked if that mean i was DQed and the officer said no. I dont know if they were being nice. Around 545pm my psychologist emailed me again saying she made a decision. I tried calling apd but they were closed. Ive never been in any trouble at all tickets arrests nothing of the sort. Does this mean im DQ'd?
                              Hey man unfortunately the same thing happened to me, check your PM

Comment

• If you are put under review, does that mean you will likely be DQ'ed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11670 users online. 475 members and 11195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X