Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys will I be dq'd if I have A Lot of fix it tickets (tints, no front plate, loud exhaust), I have 0 points on my license and haven't received a ticket in a year and plan on keeping it that way for awhile, I matured and grew up since high school. I have at least 2 years before my psych since I just took the exam. Looking back now I wish I made better decisions. Just worried
    Last edited by nyhockeyref93; 02-05-2013, 05:18 AM.
    currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• If you fixed the issue right away you should be ok.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD2013 View Post
          so i just received my psych dq...i had a peeing in public ticket and the lady yelled were you drinking and i immediately said no b/c i assumed she meant drunk. she said oh you werent drinking? i said mam i was drinking but i was not drunk....well of course she went off that i was a liar and thats what she wrote in her report. My question is should i restart the process since i took another exam a month later? or should i appeal the dq?
          Did you do a second psych interview?
          "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynite View Post
            That's crazy but NYPDs system is really a terrible way of thinning out candidates. Two of my friends are cops and from what I recall in highschool they were getting into fights atleast once a month. Yet somehow they were able to both be hired by NYPD. Your peeing offense is a far cry from some of the trash that gets into the academy. I would appeal it and kindly remind them that nothing exists in a vacuum and it all exists in context to one another, you cant be the oasis in the middle of a pile of s***.
            Either they were hired before the pay raise and application increase

Or

Unfortunately no record of it
            Somewhere working...

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Unfortunately, there are always going to be the few who slip through the cracks. Many of them don't survive probation. If there is no documentation of any misconduct it can be hard, but not impossible, to uncover.

Comment

• I received my DQ letter early January and now I am appealing it with Robert Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. Just to a reminder to those that are considering appealing, it is not a cheap process so start saving up. gl hf.

Comment

• second interview was all about drinking the guy at the end says "i dont see a problem hold on" reads the file and asks me why i lied to her. I told him sir i was nervous i waited 3 years in this process and she was telling me im a drunk before my but hit the seat. he said he would pass me but it was out of his hands...i just cant believe the absolute idiots that get on and i get popped b/c i was nervous
                    Exam 308 #4XX
                    who knows

Comment

• hey guys ive been following this thread a while. I just have a quick question, if someone was dq a few years ago and retook the exam what are the chances of getting hired 3 years after the DQ
                      NYC'S BOLDEST

Comment

• Originally posted by 69Camaro View Post
                        hey guys ive been following this thread a while. I just have a quick question, if someone was dq a few years ago and retook the exam what are the chances of getting hired 3 years after the DQ
                        Depends on the situation and reason for dq. For example a bad driving record to close to hire isn't good. Time passed and you now show maturity and improvement. But either way it is really really hard from what I heard and read.
                        Somewhere working...

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                          If you fixed the issue right away you should be ok.
                          Not true, the issuance of multiple traffic summonses- regardless of disposition can be an issue. I believe the "magic number" is 6- or at least it was. Even if they were equipment summonses, they are treated the same as any other moving violation other than wreckless driving, DUI/DWI offences (strange, i agree).

There is a whole formula that rates the summons based on what it was for, and its vintage. But 6 summonses in a lifetime is supposed to be a automatic red flag.
                          Last edited by V1STA; 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM.
                          IF YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME [email protected] is the best way.

If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or [email protected]

If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by haoken View Post
                            I received my DQ letter early January and now I am appealing it with Robert Kronenberg and Mark Lerner. Just to a reminder to those that are considering appealing, it is not a cheap process so start saving up. gl hf.
                            Both great guys.

If you are interested in the Psych Prep Course (LAW ENFORCEMENT PEP TALK) http://www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com or [email protected]

If you are interested about appealing a Civil Service DQ (Psych, Character, etc) contact [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by V1STA View Post
                              Not true, the issuance of multiple traffic summonses- regardless of disposition can be an issue. I believe the "magic number" is 6- or at least it was. Even if they were equipment summonses, they are treated the same as any other moving violation other than wreckless driving, DUI/DWI offences (strange, i agree).

There is a whole formula that rates the summons based on what it was for, and its vintage. But 6 summonses in a lifetime is supposed to be a automatic red flag.
                              I know there is a formula that rates the tickets, and non hazardous movers are not treated the same as other hazardous movers like red lights or speeding summonses so please stop putting crap information out there, the guy will be fine as long as he took corrective action. I had more than 6 in my lifetime, many of which were hazardous movers and I was fine. Been employed by the NYPD for a few years now. There are no absolutes in the process and the "fix it" tickets, as long as they are fixed by sunset of the next day and proof is mailed to the court, are tossed out. Tickets that are dismissed outright by the court won't hurt you.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc7011 View Post
                                I know there is a formula that rates the tickets, and non hazardous movers are not treated the same as other hazardous movers like red lights or speeding summonses so please stop putting crap information out there, the guy will be fine as long as he took corrective action. I had more than 6 in my lifetime, many of which were hazardous movers and I was fine. Been employed by the NYPD for a few years now. There are no absolutes in the process and the "fix it" tickets, as long as they are fixed by sunset of the next day and proof is mailed to the court, are tossed out. Tickets that are dismissed outright by the court won't hurt you.
                                Im not arguing, on the BI but it goes by the issuance of the summons, and NOT weather there was a conviction or not. I know this for a fact, and it is NOT crap information. HAd this not been the case, id be fine right now. Every single one of my summonses in my life were dismissed (dismissed on repair, or for other reasons). As far as the Psych, those guys make decisions based on their own personal criteria.

In the passed 6-12 Months, since the new Chief has taken over the entire process has changed. People are being placed on review for one job termination, one minor C summons, a collections account- ask anyone at AP, they will tell you the same thing. The two captains who are reading over the candidate file's are very strict.. The good news is, if you are placed on review- they are working to get those cases done very quickly and have the DQ's processed so people are not waiting around for a few years in limbo.

Im not here to discourage or scare anyone, Im just being realistic.

Also, he never mentioned how much " a lot" was. Was Alot 5, or 15?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8653 users online. 393 members and 8260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X