Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by godisgood92 View Post
    and I will take your advice, just 24 years of staying out of trouble and doing right thing. and now Jan 4th class pass me by, my list number was a sure thing. instead I'm stuck wondering, i dont deserve this. my entire life I've done the right thing, but I do understand life isn't always fair.
    I'm on psych and investigative review, which is really not looking good. I was told psych will contact me if they need a second interview, and I haven't heard anything yet. As for the investigative review I was told by APD a panel will convene and notify me by mail...(DQ) so that really sucks. There's nothing I can do, so I'll just wait it out. Emailing and calling is a mistake you never want to draw more attention to yourself. You're the one processing and it takes time. I know people who got hired 5 years after taking the exam. It's not always a smooth process, but lay low and let them tell you what they need.

Comment

• sorry to hear bud, and I guess that's true. as I said I was just anxious to follow in my brother footsteps. also I know i just got a bad beat man, I went from being sure for this Wed. to my lifelong dreams being in doubt. Ive been praying on it, and god as the power to overturn any decision.ill say a prayer for you.

Comment

• Hey man just pray and wait it out... unlike you I was discontinued the day the pysch requested additional documents. Also my pysch hasn't even e mail me back at all.

Comment

• Well psych cleared some people by 6 months if not 8 months lol it sucks but its a waiting game but as of now the wait for psych is long because they are backed up, they gotta process other titles for nypd like traffic and School safety, and also i environmental police. Just hold on, you'll be cleared soon.

Comment

• belly wood, sorry to hear. and did you provide those information? I'd have love to hear that, I'd have provide whatever it is they requested in a heartbeat. and thanks for the kind words Brooklynsfinest. hope to god you're right.

Comment

• Yep everything was provided, now all I can do is wait

Comment

• Exam 4328 list4** im also in psych review since november.i finish all my process initial med, psych, jst and mni med.right now im still waiting if i have a chance for April class..dont lose hope bro stay positive and keep yourself busy!.

Comment

• Leaving John Lin posts up. User has been issued an infraction and will be banned if behavior continues.
                  I ride a Harley, brew my own beer and work for this website.
                  Cheers

Comment

• hey nyc01 I'm not, but it's not looking good. I did my oral psych and afterwards I wasn't even given a mini med or JST. heck for all i know not even my bg investigation is completed. and it's hard not to get frustrated when your dream job is hanging by a thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by godisgood92 View Post
                      hey nyc01 I'm not, but it's not looking good. I did my oral psych and afterwards I wasn't even given a mini med or JST. heck for all i know not even my bg investigation is completed. and it's hard not to get frustrated when your dream job is hanging by a thread.
                      Have you been in contact with your Investigator lately?

Comment

• Godisgood keep yourself busy and dont let it stop you from doing anything or be frustrated. I too after i completed everything submittd my documents i thought i was gona be in Jan class but what the heck I just let it be if im not suitable for being a PO then i wont force it maybe God just dont want me to become PO. Keep your heads up bro. I dont even knw why im on psych review, my psychologst didnt ask anymore documents because i brought evrything she just ask my transcript,diploma and discharge from the military so that was it. Im just going to wait it out bro just like everyone.stay positive bro!.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone on here. I posted in the exam 2344 section but I thought I'd shed some light here as well. For those of you wondering about time frames here it goes....I was placed on psych review around oct. Of 2014. Then received my proposed dq letter in Dec of 2015. I retained a lawyer and outside psychologist and was granted a second psych interview in Aug of 2016. Now here I am jan 2017 and I've finally been cleared from psych review. It's been a long uphill battle but I'm happy to know that I can finally move forward. Hopefully there's no more hold ups and I make it through. Best of luck to everyone on here!

Comment

• cjpierre
                            cjpierre commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh wow over 3 years!!! How much the lawyer and psy cost you over all? When did you start the academy?

• yeah, but I emailed her thur gone and I haven't gotten response yet. also I kept asking her why have i not been scheduled for the mini and JST. she replied be patient, then said why don't I try applying for other agencies which got me suspicious. all and all I have a clean record my brother is a SGT in the department. I don't see the problem.

Comment

• cjpierre
                            cjpierre commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Does knowing people in the department can help your case? Were you cleared?

• and 3 years hats off to you my boy, ive been on review for 4 months and i dont know how to handle it. just hurts knowing you have the passion and love for the job and it's being taken away. and to draw out the process like that makes no sense.

Comment

• From what i know you can still take JST and mini med if your still in psych review but thats it you cant be hired though till your cleared. I think everone situation is difference bro. I mean when did you took your psych interview godisgood?. You must have answer some questions wrong or something that might fail you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 316 members and 4635 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X