Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    I'm on psych review for NYPD, That will affect any chances with MTA Police ? I was invited to take the exam for MTA Police. I read if you are being disqualified by NYPD, you have no chances with Corrections and Port Authority. I'm not disqualified yet, I'm on psych Review, but I know it's coming. So what are my chances if I take the exam for MTA Police ?
    If your on review for nypd psych, theres not much you can do to wait to see if they clear you or not, if you do get DQ it will affect your chances of being a LEO within Nyc for any agency because mta psych services will ask about why you got DQ and most likely wont get hired but if you can appeal your DQ case with a lawyer and get your status to change then that would be a different story but all of this plays out if you do get a DQ

Comment

• If you withdrew from NYPD can other NYC LE agencies see your NYPD file? I.e corrections, sheriffs, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
        If you withdrew from NYPD can other NYC LE agencies see your NYPD file? I.e corrections, sheriffs, etc.
        Yes the psych department will ask about your process but im not sure if they can obtain the file but they will definetly ask why you withdrew and if you was put on review for nypd psych or medical.

Comment

• Cool, thanks.

Comment

• Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
              Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.
              yeah any negative traits they find outt from the interview will be used against your file and honestly there were people who waited 1 year or so to get off review but damn to be honest just wait for a response if you want if not try another agency but if they do decide to dq you, lawyer up and appeal the dq to get it removed off your file cause another agency will ask about it but pretty sure not that big of a deal

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.
                NYPD sent me a letter for DQ. hired an attorney to fight it. sent my letter on why they should reconsider. They denied it. and not its up to the civil courts. I was terminated from two jobs about 6 years ago. Best bet is to start applying to other agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

NYPD sent me a letter for DQ. hired an attorney to fight it. sent my letter on why they should reconsider. They denied it. and not its up to the civil courts. I was terminated from two jobs about 6 years ago. Best bet is to start applying to other agencies.
                  How long did it take for you to get the letter?

Comment

How long did it take to get a respond back from them again that now you have to wait for civil court decision and who did you used for attorney

Comment

• Originally posted by Ami94 View Post

How long did it take for you to get the letter?
                      Took about 10-11 months to get my first DQ letter through Email. Sent documents on why they should reconsider. They denied it and got my final DQ letter about two weeks after. Its been about two weeks now and just waiting for the Civil courts decision. I hired Robert B. Kronenberg.
                      Last edited by JRNYC2626; 12-02-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Deleted Message
                        Last edited by onetime96; 12-05-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Took about 10-11 months to get my first DQ letter through Email. Sent documents on why they should reconsider. They denied it and got my final DQ letter about two weeks after. Its been about two weeks now and just waiting for the Civil courts decision. I hired Robert B. Kronenberg.
                          Damn. The reason why I'm asking is because its been 5 months that I've been on review. The only thing my psych tells me is that she doesn't need any records from me at this time. I'm being patient, but hopefully turns in my favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ami94 View Post

Damn. The reason why I'm asking is because its been 5 months that I've been on review. The only thing my psych tells me is that she doesn't need any records from me at this time. I'm being patient, but hopefully turns in my favor.
                            They are gonna keep.u waiting till ur list expires! Start fighting! Give jerold levine a call great lawyer

Comment

• To my fellow brothers and sisters of blue, no one really knows how nypd psych division works and it's frustrating to be on review for so long and not know why, I work for the department and I've been on a review for over a year now mind you I took a promotional exam to p.o. that is only available to mos of nypd and after countless calls and emails all I get is "sorry for the long wait you will hear from us soon in a month or two" and so my months extend per call or email I give them. Worst case scenario they lost your paperwork and it happens all the time. I recommend take the exam again so when you get called again you can explain the wait was too long so I decided to try again.

Comment

• I wondering and thinking does anyone know how long it take to get a respond or a decision from the psych office after your private psychologist submited his paper work to the nypd psych office?and how i would be contact thru phone call or email?or thru my lawyer? I just looking for answer of a time frame?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11419 users online. 460 members and 10959 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X