Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on psych review for NYPD, That will affect any chances with MTA Police ? I was invited to take the exam for MTA Police. I read if you are being disqualified by NYPD, you have no chances with Corrections and Port Authority. I'm not disqualified yet, I'm on psych Review, but I know it's coming. So what are my chances if I take the exam for MTA Police ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
      I'm on psych review for NYPD, That will affect any chances with MTA Police ? I was invited to take the exam for MTA Police. I read if you are being disqualified by NYPD, you have no chances with Corrections and Port Authority. I'm not disqualified yet, I'm on psych Review, but I know it's coming. So what are my chances if I take the exam for MTA Police ?
      Why were you on review?'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Williams View Post
        I still wonder why corrections still hired you. I forgot they hired idiots and felons like you
        TedW, you need to keep in mind the old sociology adage, " Things may NOT seem what they might appear to be". On these forums ANYONE can claim to be ANYTHING including police & correction officers. I do know that NYCDOC changed their hiring procedures after the scolding report was issued by the NYCDOI in early 2015. One of the key aspects that NYCDOCs adopted was if a correction candidate was DQed by NYPD for any reason--it becomes an automatic disqualification for city corrections. So when someone comes on this board claiming to be a city CO who had prior difficulties in obtaining NYPD employment--I would tend not to believe the credibility of that poster.

Comment

I'm on psych review for NYPD, That will affect any chances with MTA Police ? I was invited to take the exam for MTA Police. I read if you are being disqualified by NYPD, you have no chances with Corrections and Port Authority. I'm not disqualified yet, I'm on psych Review, but I know it's coming. So what are my chances if I take the exam for MTA Police ?
          You are correct about "no chances" with city corrections and Port Authority if DQed by NYPD. You might be better off going down South or out west for LE employment opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Posts reported. Posts saved. Posts to be sent to any agency he applies to.DOC notified.
            CCCSD, J Lin not even a CO as he claims because hardcore inmates do not harbor benevolent thoughts towards their housing unit officers.Hardcore inmate have a game called , "Down the Duck". This means the inmate attempts to gain the officer's confidence and eventually have the CO smuggle in contraband to them. Many a new CO has thrown away their livelihood and career because they mistakenly believed the inmates were their "friends".

Comment

• It's obvious he's a window licker... But I would be remiss if I didn't send information up the chain, just in case.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If your on review for nypd psych, theres not much you can do to wait to see if they clear you or not, if you do get DQ it will affect your chances of being a LEO within Nyc for any agency because mta psych services will ask about why you got DQ and most likely wont get hired but if you can appeal your DQ case with a lawyer and get your status to change then that would be a different story but all of this plays out if you do get a DQ

Comment

• If you withdrew from NYPD can other NYC LE agencies see your NYPD file? I.e corrections, sheriffs, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE3319 View Post
                    If you withdrew from NYPD can other NYC LE agencies see your NYPD file? I.e corrections, sheriffs, etc.
                    Yes the psych department will ask about your process but im not sure if they can obtain the file but they will definetly ask why you withdrew and if you was put on review for nypd psych or medical.

Comment

• Cool, thanks.

Comment

• Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                          Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.
                          yeah any negative traits they find outt from the interview will be used against your file and honestly there were people who waited 1 year or so to get off review but damn to be honest just wait for a response if you want if not try another agency but if they do decide to dq you, lawyer up and appeal the dq to get it removed off your file cause another agency will ask about it but pretty sure not that big of a deal

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                            Found out I'm on review for negative imdiactors such an arrest 16yrs ago and a job termination from about 11yrs ago smfh these guys are tough.
                            NYPD sent me a letter for DQ. hired an attorney to fight it. sent my letter on why they should reconsider. They denied it. and not its up to the civil courts. I was terminated from two jobs about 6 years ago. Best bet is to start applying to other agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

NYPD sent me a letter for DQ. hired an attorney to fight it. sent my letter on why they should reconsider. They denied it. and not its up to the civil courts. I was terminated from two jobs about 6 years ago. Best bet is to start applying to other agencies.
                              How long did it take for you to get the letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post

How long did it take to get a respond back from them again that now you have to wait for civil court decision and who did you used for attorney

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4479 users online. 224 members and 4255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X