Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning its anyone here is in appeal process how long does it take the nypd to send out the files to the private psych and how lonf it the appeal process ?

Comment

• Hello, I took my oral psych yesterday and was told that I needed to send the psych department some supporting documents. I will be sure to send in these documents ASAP and call to see if they recieved them. Does this mean that I am most likely disqualified? The two documents my psych needs to see are not that big of a deal but I am concerned because of what I've read on the forums. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Please feel free to PM me.
      NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
      APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
      Medical:
      Oral psych:
      Written psych:
      BI:
      JST:
      Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
        Hello, I took my oral psych yesterday and was told that I needed to send the psych department some supporting documents. I will be sure to send in these documents ASAP and call to see if they recieved them. Does this mean that I am most likely disqualified? The two documents my psych needs to see are not that big of a deal but I am concerned because of what I've read on the forums. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Please feel free to PM me.
        Did they ask for your iep? Did you have counseling session in school? It all depends on what the papers say but you should know what they say already

Comment

• Yes thats what she asked for. No IEP no counseling sessions, nothing. Just sent in a letter from my school today. Still have my doubts that those documents won't suffice. Trying to stay positive.
          NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
          APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
          Medical:
          Oral psych:
          Written psych:
          BI:
          JST:
          Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
            Yes thats what she asked for. No IEP no counseling sessions, nothing. Just sent in a letter from my school today. Still have my doubts that those documents won't suffice. Trying to stay positive.
            Then it's probably just a background check letter or something to make sure you didn't have any problems in school you should be fine

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
              Just found out my case is under review. Confusing because although I was dq'ed 2x from PD in the past, it was from the pysch. This time my background is under review. Not sure what the issue could be. I hear a lot about pysch/medical reviews but are a lot of candidates placed on review for their background
              Maybe the past psych dqs are what triggered a background dq cause technically they are now part of your background right? idk just brainstorming i know nothing about dqs and i dont want to this thread scares me lol
              NYPD Exam #4328

List number 36*
              APD: 4/29-5/20
              Medical:
              Oral psych:
              Written psych:
              BI:
              JST:
              Mini-Med:

Comment

• If you are on review for one agency and you go through the process with another one would you be placed on review for that one as well??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
                  If you are on review for one agency and you go through the process with another one would you be placed on review for that one as well??
                  Each agency has you go through their own psych process it all really depends on the agency you won't be put on review outright just because you didn't pass the psych for another agency

Comment

• how long did it take till you got a notification of a pass fail or review after your psych? i was asked for any additional documents or told to get anything at my interview, just had it today.
                    NYPD Exam #4328

List number 36*
                    APD: 4/29-5/20
                    Medical:
                    Oral psych:
                    Written psych:
                    BI:
                    JST:
                    Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by kirbyy View Post
                      how long did it take till you got a notification of a pass fail or review after your psych? i was asked for any additional documents or told to get anything at my interview, just had it today.
                      About a week after psych department got their requested paperwork. My investigator told me

Comment

• Since Ive been on review for NYPD school safety for about 7months can I withdraw my application or do I have to appeal????

Comment

• bbbbfgfgfgfgffgff
                          Last edited by Fatjon87; 11-23-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• hello. ive read some of this thread and would like to ask a couple of questions regarding this situation..
                            ive recieved a pre psych DQ letter(30 days make up your mind type)..
                            if i choose to fight it(with a doctor), would the report they send him list their reasons for DQ'ing me?

if my list ends while their going over the reports am i done for that test/list?

i realize every case is different but does fighting their ruling have much success?

and how long would the whole process take?

thanks

Comment

• tom5555 The best u can do is hired a private psych doctor before the 30 days. Who can help you with the letter. It take time to get everything done. If you do not make your mind up that DQ can follow you in the future for any LE jobs..

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                                tom5555 The best u can do is hired a private psych doctor before the 30 days. Who can help you with the letter. It take time to get everything done. If you do not make your mind up that DQ can follow you in the future for any LE jobs..
                                a dq from nypd or any other department will not hinder you from getting a le job I got a dq from nypd and was hired by 4 different deparments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10546 users online. 391 members and 10155 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X