Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://abc7ny.com/careers/ex-nypd-of...ility/1491181/

I'm glad this guy was able to ignore people who told him to forget about law enforcement.

Comment

• Nothing in the article says he was told he could not become a cop. We know nothing about his circumstances, other than he was a cop and eventually quit. You can find any number of such feel good stories. But none of them put the lie to NYPD's policies.

Comment

• Those that can't will ALWAYS grasp at these stories to try to prove the system is wrong...

Thank God for standards.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• If its ment to be its going to happend thats what i think appeal is stupid waste of time and money in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
            If its ment to be its going to happend thats what i think appeal is stupid waste of time and money in my opinion
            If your history is pretty solid and you've passed character investigation and you have the money and really want the job go for the appeal. If you want another city le job the psych dq will really haunt you.

Comment

• Accept the fact and move on... I accepted I can never go back into the military, I've moved on... find something else you CAN do
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I was put on review as well because I had an IEP back in middle school. I had trouble with comprehension, but that was the only major factor. Other than than that everything seems to be good. For all of you that are saying that having an IEP can Dq you , than you are wrong. Someone can outgrow their disability, and as for me, comprehending, reading, and writing have improved tremendously. Also, having an IEP does not necessarily disqualify you, but only under certain circumstances, such as having medical issues or cognitive behavioral therapy. Those seem to be the major factors that they look for. If the IEP exceeded the time limitations or proceeded into late adolescents, this can be proven to be a serious issue.

(No hating here, just my opinion) Also, I have a friend OTJ that had an IEP. Was put on review as well for a while, but eventually got hired.

Comment

Last edited by Tammy_jay; 10-20-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• This post has been deleted.

Comment

• Does anyone know if a DQ letter comes certified mail from the city of new york.

Comment

• Just found out my case is under review. Confusing because although I was dq'ed 2x from PD in the past, it was from the pysch. This time my background is under review. Not sure what the issue could be. I hear a lot about pysch/medical reviews but are a lot of candidates placed on review for their background

Comment

• That's weird what has changed since the last time? Maybe moving violations? If u get dq'd and want to appeal try using jerold levine he's a great lawyer

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                            That's weird what has changed since the last time? Maybe moving violations? If u get dq'd and want to appeal try using jerold levine he's a great lawyer
                            Since my last dq not much has changed in a negative aspect. I've been with nyc doc for nearly 4yrs. 2 CI's but no CD or MOC. Had a car accident a few months ago but was not at fault. No moving violations. I'm really confused but whatever I knew it wouldnt be smooth process. Just wasn't expecting any holdups before the psych

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post

Since my last dq not much has changed in a negative aspect. I've been with nyc doc for nearly 4yrs. 2 CI's but no CD or MOC. Had a car accident a few months ago but was not at fault. No moving violations. I'm really confused but whatever I knew it wouldnt be smooth process. Just wasn't expecting any holdups before the psych
                              If u really want the job fight it. Or at least get a consultation with a lawyer. At least your already in the job with doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIRED 03 View Post
                                Does anyone know if a DQ letter comes certified mail from the city of new york.
                                My came in through email first then a week later through the mail certified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8058 users online. 426 members and 7632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X