Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirbyy View Post
    how long did it take till you got a notification of a pass fail or review after your psych? i was asked for any additional documents or told to get anything at my interview, just had it today.
    About a week after psych department got their requested paperwork. My investigator told me

Comment

• Since Ive been on review for NYPD school safety for about 7months can I withdraw my application or do I have to appeal????

Comment

• bbbbfgfgfgfgffgff
        Last edited by Fatjon87; 11-23-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• hello. ive read some of this thread and would like to ask a couple of questions regarding this situation..
          ive recieved a pre psych DQ letter(30 days make up your mind type)..
          if i choose to fight it(with a doctor), would the report they send him list their reasons for DQ'ing me?

if my list ends while their going over the reports am i done for that test/list?

i realize every case is different but does fighting their ruling have much success?

and how long would the whole process take?

thanks

Comment

• tom5555 The best u can do is hired a private psych doctor before the 30 days. Who can help you with the letter. It take time to get everything done. If you do not make your mind up that DQ can follow you in the future for any LE jobs..

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
              tom5555 The best u can do is hired a private psych doctor before the 30 days. Who can help you with the letter. It take time to get everything done. If you do not make your mind up that DQ can follow you in the future for any LE jobs..
              a dq from nypd or any other department will not hinder you from getting a le job I got a dq from nypd and was hired by 4 different deparments.

Comment

• This is to anyone on this site that had a problem with the pysch department, it is not the end of the world. i would not recommend any of you fight the decision unless you truly want to get into nypd because it is a couple grand you will be spending for it and it is not guaranteed that they will overturn the decision. There are departments around the entire country that are willing to give you a chance if you apply and are willing to travel to them and make the move.

Comment

• It is expensive between hiring a lawyer and private psych doctor I'm appealing my psych dq while waiting for nys corrections psych department to get back to me with a decision but if you have the money and really want to do it go for it. That psych dq will follow u around weather or not other agencies hold it against you is up to them

Comment

• NYPD pysch doctor put me TEA psych review last year, he was requested me to have medical record that I was not able to present. I was hired by NYCDOC, so if I start APD 5 process, do I still have chance to pass oral psych, I think they will still request me have that medical record. That's suck, sound like I will stay in jail 22 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Lin View Post
                      NYPD pysch doctor put me TEA psych review last year, he was requested me to have medical record that I was not able to present. I was hired by NYCDOC, so if I start APD 5 process, do I still have chance to pass oral psych, I think they will still request me have that medical record. That's suck, sound like I will stay in jail 22 years.
                      Just curious why cant you present them that medical record? all records are obtainable or can at least be reexamined and cleared by a new doctor right? Just sounds like an odd reason to get dq'd
                      NYPD Exam #4328

List number 36*
                      APD: 4/29-5/20
                      Medical:
                      Oral psych:
                      Written psych:
                      BI:
                      JST:
                      Mini-Med:

Comment

Last edited by Nscala18; 01-22-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirbyy View Post

Just curious why cant you present them that medical record? all records are obtainable or can at least be reexamined and cleared by a new doctor right? Just sounds like an odd reason to get dq'd
                          You know what, that NYPD psych doctor name Benjamin Appel is pretty bad guy, he knew that I was not able to present that medical record and he still wanted me to sent that. After my psych interview, I met with him in the bedroom, he seemed pretty happy about (failed me). I don't consider to start NYPD process anymore, waste my time and energy. How much money they can pay for the traffic ? low low low salary and use that bad attitude with me. Also, new police officer is only get 2000 a month after taxes, I am telling you about it., pay to NYPD is not proportional.
                          Last edited by John Lin; 11-17-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Benjamin Appel is stupid *******, if I have interview with him again and his attitude is still very arrogant, I will show my correction officer shield, tell him **** you and get out his office. This job is not million dollars salary, like a dog pleading with them I would rather not do it

Comment

• John,

You REALLY need a basic English composition class...
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                                John,

You REALLY need a basic English composition class...
                                who cares, NYPD still hire Indian people who can't speak fluent English see Youtube video about NYPD traffic. And not hire me, a college graduate, ridiculous. Also, these stupid psych doctors let Peter Liang passed their stupid psychological standard and then he killed the innocent person. and I always know finger off the trigger, finger off the trigger, finger off the trigger. For the NYPD psych system, if they can see peter liang is not suitable for the position of police officer, why they hired him. It means NYPD psych system Is making things difficult for others.
                                Last edited by John Lin; 11-17-2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5522 users online. 297 members and 5225 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X