Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCCSD's point is that there might not be an external reason for being placed on review. It could simply be that you demonstrated psychological or emotional defects that the psych believes disqualifies you. External reasons can sometimes be overcome. But much more difficult to overcome your internal makeup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      CCCSD's point is that there might not be an external reason for being placed on review. It could simply be that you demonstrated psychological or emotional defects that the psych believes disqualifies you. External reasons can sometimes be overcome. But much more difficult to overcome your internal makeup.
      Fine but they have to put a reason down and when or if you appeal their decision your private psych doctor can run his own tests on you. They are being unfair when it comes to school ieps alot of guys end up on psych review when they shouldn't be it's not right that follows you around for life if u don't fight it

Comment

• An IEP will not follow you around for life. An IEP will not disqualify you from most jobs. Law Enforcement jobs are a different story. Anything that can affect your ability to quickly analyze a situation and determine a proper response will be disqualifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
          An IEP will not follow you around for life. An IEP will not disqualify you from most jobs. Law Enforcement jobs are a different story. Anything that can affect your ability to quickly analyze a situation and determine a proper response will be disqualifying.
          There's no reason to dq someone for an iep if you graduated school over 15 years ago if you showed stability in your personal life and professional life. I meant the psych dq will follow you around forever. You shouldn't be punished for a iep if you've never been in trouble with the law

Comment

• No matter how far in the past, an IEP may indicate to the psych that you cannot handle the stress of police work. The purpose of an IEP is to get you through school, not to become a police officer.

Comment

• Can't make these people understand that indicators from the past can be predictive of future acts. Just like serial killers: we can predict based on factors...IEPs are one of them.

AGAIN. It's clear that some of you are NOT cut out for LE. Even if you think you are. Others know better.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• http://abc7ny.com/careers/ex-nypd-of...ility/1491181/

I'm glad this guy was able to ignore people who told him to forget about law enforcement.

Comment

• Nothing in the article says he was told he could not become a cop. We know nothing about his circumstances, other than he was a cop and eventually quit. You can find any number of such feel good stories. But none of them put the lie to NYPD's policies.

Comment

• Those that can't will ALWAYS grasp at these stories to try to prove the system is wrong...

Thank God for standards.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• If its ment to be its going to happend thats what i think appeal is stupid waste of time and money in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatjon87 View Post
                        If its ment to be its going to happend thats what i think appeal is stupid waste of time and money in my opinion
                        If your history is pretty solid and you've passed character investigation and you have the money and really want the job go for the appeal. If you want another city le job the psych dq will really haunt you.

Comment

• Accept the fact and move on... I accepted I can never go back into the military, I've moved on... find something else you CAN do
                          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I was put on review as well because I had an IEP back in middle school. I had trouble with comprehension, but that was the only major factor. Other than than that everything seems to be good. For all of you that are saying that having an IEP can Dq you , than you are wrong. Someone can outgrow their disability, and as for me, comprehending, reading, and writing have improved tremendously. Also, having an IEP does not necessarily disqualify you, but only under certain circumstances, such as having medical issues or cognitive behavioral therapy. Those seem to be the major factors that they look for. If the IEP exceeded the time limitations or proceeded into late adolescents, this can be proven to be a serious issue.

(No hating here, just my opinion) Also, I have a friend OTJ that had an IEP. Was put on review as well for a while, but eventually got hired.

Comment

Last edited by Tammy_jay; 10-20-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• This post has been deleted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5180 users online. 323 members and 4857 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X