Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdrama914 View Post
    I have.
    How long did it take you from DQ to hire?
    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
      How long did it take you from DQ to hire?
      18-24 months from DQ letter to swear in.

Comment

What academy did you get into? And what exam?
        sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
          What academy did you get into? And what exam?
          PM Sent

Comment

I'm glad someone made it. Did you appeal and win? or did you just go trough the process again?
            "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• never appealed it. just kept taking exams for both NYPD and other outside agencies. got lucky and was canvassed by a different agency , disclosed my DQ, they didn't seem too concerned

Comment

• I was going through the process for a NYS police agency last year and was told I was going to get Dqed so I withdrew from the hiring process and was told that my records were sealed. Now I got called by a city agency and I have to take the nypd pysch test again shortly. Are they going to find out about my recent exam and will it be used against me? I have a huge dillema right now, bc the city agency wants to hire me before I take the psych, and I'm hesistant to leave my job now if I'm just going to get DQed bc of my previous psych. I've taken the NYPD psych before and passed it, I just had a bad interview with the state doctor that day. I really need advice for this problem. Will I be automatically DQed bc I didn't pass a recent exam? Since I was told my records were sealed does that mean they cannot access my previous results? Do you think I should take the risk and accept this positon even though the pysch is still pending?Anyone that can provide me with more information be much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1911user View Post
                  Matter of fact, YES. when I went to the psych interview ( 30+ yrs ago) after a few brief questions, the psych doc asked me if anyone OTJ told or promised me that I would be hired or when the class would start. Thinking about it now, I remember it like it was yesterday. I told him YES! He began to ask the next question when my answer sunk in. He asked again, same answer. I told him I'd be in the January 26th class, his eyes got wide. I told him Pat Murphy, Chief of Operations (now called the Chief of Dept. ) told me. He smiled, interview over, good luck.....
                  So you got passed psych saying this? Or DQ?
                  currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Originally posted by nyhockeyref93 View Post
                    So you got passed psych saying this? Or DQ?
                    Yes, it was a true statement.
                    Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• so i just received my psych dq...i had a peeing in public ticket and the lady yelled were you drinking and i immediately said no b/c i assumed she meant drunk. she said oh you werent drinking? i said mam i was drinking but i was not drunk....well of course she went off that i was a liar and thats what she wrote in her report. My question is should i restart the process since i took another exam a month later? or should i appeal the dq?
                      Exam 308 #4XX
                      who knows

Comment

• 1st rule. Never assume. ESPECIALLY during a psych eval LOL. Sorry to hear this man. They DQ over the smallest things these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD2013 View Post
                          so i just received my psych dq...i had a peeing in public ticket and the lady yelled were you drinking and i immediately said no b/c i assumed she meant drunk. she said oh you werent drinking? i said mam i was drinking but i was not drunk....well of course she went off that i was a liar and thats what she wrote in her report. My question is should i restart the process since i took another exam a month later? or should i appeal the dq?
                          Appeal. you don't want that on your record.
                          Somewhere working...

Comment

• Okay I need to chime in here. I wasn't going to, but now I'm starting to see the old "appeal bro, you can't have that on your record" replies. Appealing a DQ is within your right and no one is going to tell you you can't do it. However, I'm going to jump in and say that you were disqualified because you tried to minimize and didn't take full responsibility for your actions. Listen, I've been on the job for a few years now, every single guy I've stopped for ****ing in public has been drunk. You don't just have a beer or two and then start ****ing in public like an animal. It doesn't happen that way. It happens more along the lines of a beer or TEN and then you're feeling so loose that you just don't give a crap where you take the leak. You were DQ'd because you gave a full of crap answer to a serious question. There's no way she or any other reasonable person would believe that you had one or two and then just whipped it out. And if you were sober and started ****ing around in public then that raises a whole NEW set of questions. Good luck.

Do I think this a major offense? No. Do I think your answer in the evaluation lacked maturity and accountability? Yes, 100% I do. People make mistakes or errors in judgment. Owning your mistakes is a part of growing up and maturing.
                            Last edited by nyc7011; 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• All of the above may be true, but it doesn't mean he shouldn't appeal it.

Comment

• I never said for him not to. But don't expect any appeals board to not see right through his bullsht answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6834 users online. 292 members and 6542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X