Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to meet with a pysch next week to be proactive. Knowing I have a few questionable things in my background it may help to have professional advice on how to deal with them before going through the entire process. May save everything a few grand in the long run for an appeal (or a DQ stain on their record).
    List #0140

Comment

if you apply to another department they ask you if you have taken any other exams with any other agencies, they also ask you the outcome. so you are bound to tell them you got DQ because if you dont they will find out anyway. so this other agency will also ultimately DQ you based on the psych dq of the NYPD. if they pass you and something happens it would stir up a lot of problems since you were already DQ.

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
      If you fail a psych exam with NYPD, what is the likelihood of being hired with another department? Will it make it that much harder?

Comment

are you not saying the same thing i suggested?

Originally posted by Ny sports View Post
        Your partially right and partially wrong. Appealing a DQ is a very difficult obstacle to overcome and you have a MUCH better chance to simply start all over again.
        The part that your wrong on which is what I thought up until recently as well, you don't have to wait 3 years for your psych to expire. Technically, you could take the psych exam over again in a month if you have a back up exam that is going through processing. You will obviously fail though. Failing a psych exam from one exam is a completely separate situation from another exam. In reality that's not really the case because they will review your previous psych records. It's imperative that you do allow a certain amount of time to pass in between the time that you failed a psych and then attempted to re-process off of another exam. I would think at the very least 2 years but 3 years or longer would be better.

Comment

A NYPD psych evaluation is really a no brainier. you will fail if you say something and then change your answer; basically if you lie about something. if you have alcohol related problems like summonses or anything along those lines you will also fail. any felony charges you will fail, just like any domestic violence charges will DQ you. to put it in simpler terms if you are honest and straight forward and assuming you have no major violations or crimes in your past you should be good to go. everyone's case is different and results will vary.

Originally posted by Beam84 View Post
          I am going to meet with a pysch next week to be proactive. Knowing I have a few questionable things in my background it may help to have professional advice on how to deal with them before going through the entire process. May save everything a few grand in the long run for an appeal (or a DQ stain on their record).

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
            are you not saying the same thing i suggested?
            Yes, I'm saying the same thing you suggested and I agree with you. I just wanted to point out though there is no mandatory wait time between psychs for different exam. I would like to know what a ideal wait time would be.
            Exam: 1315
            APD5: submitted

Comment

Any alcohol? Those are some of the summonses I have.

What I was going to do (that was suggested from a respected voice on this forum) is go to quest labs and take an alcohol test every week or so to have proof to show the department I am not drinking. All the times I was in trouble, only once I was actually drunk. The rest were charges that were dropped.

I know it's a longshot but if there are some things I can do and say to make this possible, I want to do it. If I go to an experienced psych now and he tells me honestly there is no shot, I would like to know now before spending time and money only to be DQ'd later.
              List #0140

Comment

Originally posted by NYCSFINEST View Post
                A NYPD psych evaluation is really a no brainier. you will fail if you say something and then change your answer; basically if you lie about something. if you have alcohol related problems like summonses or anything along those lines you will also fail. any felony charges you will fail, just like any domestic violence charges will DQ you. to put it in simpler terms if you are honest and straight forward and assuming you have no major violations or crimes in your past you should be good to go. everyone's case is different and results will vary.

Brother not so true,1# i tell you bout my case, my DQ started when i went to process for NYPD cadet and i told too much stories about my pass and i also stated i took a counselling section for ACS when i was 13yrs only when 3 times for behaving bad in school and with my moms, was not in my records anything and i still disclose it( fear it may pop out). 2# when for NYC DEP Police and i was put on review, they made me have the run rounds and get like 6 letters from ACS stating my records don't existed anymore from the big bosses of ACS. 3# then came for P.O for NYPD and they gave me a interview with this A**hole psych lady and she was nasty from start to finish( stating i been here before i should now batter) and compare all folds to see if i was consiten with my answers and then she put me on review ( for 3 month's, i was calling my BI ,psych service and other number to see what i can do so they can get me out of review) my BI told me i was good in her end that i just need to get psych clear and i be good to go than 2 weeks latter after my psych review i received a call from psych services stating they was going schedule me for a second interview that never came so that so unprofessional on there end. I don't have no felony's, DUI, domestic or drinking problems just some pumps on the road like any NYC kid not police related OK.
                Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

Originally posted by Ny sports View Post
                  Im using doctor daley as well.
                  How is doctor Daley ? And how much he is charging for the process ?

Comment

Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                    How is doctor Daley ? And how much he is charging for the process ?
                    I only met with him once. I'll give a fair and better evaluation once I see how he handles my case when my records are faxed over. He's charging me 800 I believe. We didn't really discuss to much about price. I have to pay him on the next visit once the psych records are recieved.

One thing I strongly suggest however... If you have the money and strongly believe you have a good chance. Hire an attorney as well.

Comment

Well in my case i don't have the money bout am going to seek help from my professor in college who was a criminal justice lawyer i don't know how much that going help me. Also what bout you, are going to hire a attorney ?

Comment

Well in my case i don't have the money bout am going to seek help from my professor in college who was a criminal justice lawyer i don't know how much that going help me. Also what bout you, are going to hire a attorney ?
                        The attorney will help you on the legal side of things plus back up your own psych evaluation against the NYPD Psych. As your psych uses logic to prove your worth, your lawyer will use the law.
                        NYPD 8329 / XXXX
                        Medical: Pass | Written Psych: Complete | Oral: (DQ for now, Appealing) | JST:? | BI: ? | Mini Med: ?

NYPD 2053 Back up / XXXX
                        Medical: | Written Psych: | Oral: | JST: | BI: | Mini Med:

NYDOC 8135/XXXX
                        Orientation: 7/13 | Medical: 8/13 Pass | Triage: 9/20 Done | Written Psych: 9/20 Done | Oral: 9/25 Done | Agility: 10/20 Passed | PE: 11/15

Academy 01.03.13

Comment

Not sure yet if I will...

Comment

im on psych review from the cadets because of psych records from elementary school that arent available anymore. make a long story short i saw a counselor for silbing rilvary since me & my little brother always fought alot (who hasnt gone through that) and this was back in 99-01. the hospital only keeps records for a good 5 years, nowhere close to the date i need. they sent a letter back to the psych dept clearly stating they dont have em anymore. & ibeen on "review" ever since. which im pretty sure will eventually turn into a DQ even though its none of my fault. My problem is now i just recieved my apd5 2 weeks ago, submitted it. now im waiting for my medical & etc. When i go for my psych im 99.999% sure there going to pull my records from the cadets & im going to end up on hold/review alll over again...(-______-)
                            Exam: 1302
                            List: 10xx
                            Medical: Completed
                            Psych Written: Completed
                            Psych Oral: Completed (Review?)
                            BI: Completed
                            Social media: Completed
                            Jst:
                            MiniMed:

July2013 Hopeful (^_^)

Comment

• NYC_blueblood
                              NYC_blueblood commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If you know they keep record for 5 yrs then why mention it to put yourself in review??? Sometimes speaking too much info will get you dq as well word of wisdom less is better, short and sweet.

Originally posted by laronb17 View Post
                            im on psych review from the cadets because of psych records from elementary school that arent available anymore. make a long story short i saw a counselor for silbing rilvary since me & my little brother always fought alot (who hasnt gone through that) and this was back in 99-01. the hospital only keeps records for a good 5 years, nowhere close to the date i need. they sent a letter back to the psych dept clearly stating they dont have em anymore. & ibeen on "review" ever since. which im pretty sure will eventually turn into a DQ even though its none of my fault. My problem is now i just recieved my apd5 2 weeks ago, submitted it. now im waiting for my medical & etc. When i go for my psych im 99.999% sure there going to pull my records from the cadets & im going to end up on hold/review alll over again...(-______-)
                            Yes bro your 1000% right they will put you on review not on hold. Also what can do is remember what you say in the cadets interview and try be as consisted as possible. They going look at your last psych interview notes and compare it with you new one. I started with cadet wrong move because i was not inform of all the tricks and turns and now that i am is too late, so am appealing the process .

Comment

I started applying for NYPD cadet - on review
                              then NYC DEP Police - On review
                              finally NYPD P.O - On review and then 4 months later psych DQ.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6163 users online. 197 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X