Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
    Only Fridays ? That's the reason why they get so many people disqualified.

Sent from my House Phone!!
    According to my psych but maybe thats just the days he does his cases. When I was there for the written though they said they only schedule oral psych MON-THU, which would leave me to believe FRI is the day they go over cases and make approvals
    NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
    Test# 4324
    List #: XX
    APD-5: completed (03/2016)
    Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
    Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
    B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
    JST: Qualified (9/2016)
    Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
    Got the call:

Comment

• Friday is indeed the day where they go over old cases. They interview people Monday-Thursday. I was able to find this out because my psych only answered my emails on Fridays and one Friday I checked my status and was on review but the next Monday I checked and was off of it. Give it time. Closer to the academy, they most be loaded with cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
        Friday is indeed the day where they go over old cases. They interview people Monday-Thursday. I was able to find this out because my psych only answered my emails on Fridays and one Friday I checked my status and was on review but the next Monday I checked and was off of it. Give it time. Closer to the academy, they most be loaded with cases.
        How do you check if you're on review or not on psych?

Comment

• Message or Call APD. In your case, I wouldn't bother calling for 2-3 weeks from the time your documents are sent in. Send a professional email to your psych Doctor a week after all necessary documents were sent just to make sure she got them. Then check your status every 7-14 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
            Message or Call APD. In your case, I wouldn't bother calling for 2-3 weeks from the time your documents are sent in. Send a professional email to your psych Doctor a week after all necessary documents were sent just to make sure she got them. Then check your status every 7-14 days.
            Thats what I did, I sent a professional email asking if he got what he needed and by the end of the day he got back to me. He told me that he doesn't think there will be any problems for me just he's busy. Don't ask the Dr. what your status is just if he/she got what she needed. I would say give it atleast 2 weeks before checking in. It's out of your hands now so don't stress it, if its going to happen it will happen.
            Last edited by Andrew20; 09-08-2016, 06:47 PM.
            NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
            Test# 4324
            List #: XX
            APD-5: completed (03/2016)
            Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
            Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
            B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
            JST: Qualified (9/2016)
            Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
            Got the call:

Comment

• Hey,

My best friend got an email saying the Dr. wants to have a second interview with her. Anyone experience that? I never heard of that.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCeeSplash View Post
                Hey,

My best friend got an email saying the Dr. wants to have a second interview with her. Anyone experience that? I never heard of that.

Thanks in advance!
                My son got a second interview, then got taken off pysch review right after.

Comment

• @Retired03 how long was your son on review before he got the second interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                    @Retired03 how long was your son on review before he got the second interview

5 months

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

I hear second interviews are generally a good thing, usually psych will focus on a particular area during the second interview. It's a good thing in the sense they are on the fence and instead of just writing you off as a DQ, they decided to give it another look. While I never had the pleasure of being on a second interview, I have heard a lot of success generated from them.

Additionally, if anyone has any questions about academy life feel free to PM or ask, currently in Julys academy. I remember the days of awaiting the call, and roaming these forums. In less than a month about 600 of you will also be getting that call and joining us on an eventful journey in queens.

Last edited by Jay_easy3197; 09-09-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Ok . I hoping that i can get atleast second interview.

Comment

• Any idea what day the academy starts? Is it the 5th or the 12th?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArabAmericanFinest View Post
                            Any idea what day the academy starts? Is it the 5th or the 12th?

When I was at the mini med this week they said around the 12th..

Comment

• Does anyone has a updated number for psych office in manhattan?

Comment

• Thanks guys! I'll spread the word to her.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7592 users online. 220 members and 7372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X