Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
    Why does psych request medical records, when they can just get it themselves? Don't we submit a release of information (medical records) paper with our investigator?
    To obviously see what you'll give up in regards to what they'll receive

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
      Perfection? Most of the people on here wouldn't even get a second thought by Suffolk, Nassau, PAPD, MTA, NYS police...given the number of people that the NYPD has to hire, I think it's pretty obvious that some people they hire will be marginal people/cops, at best.
      However; NYPD has a vast pool of candidates to choose from.They can afford to be highly selective. Only 1 out of 12 who passes the written is going to make it into the academy. The selection process isn't exactly foolproof but as they say past misconduct is often a indicator of future misbehavior. Each new hire is a calculated risk.
      Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-31-2016, 08:49 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mike_s1234 View Post
        The lieutenant is wrong. Your APD status does not get entered until they have everything. As soon as you leave your oral you are placed on "review" until they have what they need. Psych review and psych REJECTION review are NOT the same thing.
        I'm aware, i posted an update to this a few posts after. APD said themselves that you're automatically put on review if additional paperwork is requested. He informed that the process has probably changed since he was there. Thank you for helping clarify though.
        NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
        Test# 4324
        List #: XX
        APD-5: completed (03/2016)
        Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
        Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
        B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
        JST: Qualified (9/2016)
        Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
        Got the call:

        Comment


        • http://abc7ny.com/1491181/http://abc7ny.com/1491181/

          For you all being worried about getting DQ due to a "learning disability"

          Comment


          • Does being on psych review affect your chances with other agencies and other jobs??

            Comment


            • Originally posted by etorres817 View Post
              Does being on psych review affect your chances with other agencies and other jobs??
              No


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by John Lin View Post
                No


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks

                Comment


                • So I had my psych interview August 24th, and the psychologist wanted records from the department of education. I sent out the request to the DOE on August 24th. Can anyone tell me what they think would be an appropriate time of contacting APD or my investigator to ask if I'm still on review, or if I am qualified? All answers are appreciated.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jonmelfa View Post
                    So I had my psych interview August 24th, and the psychologist wanted records from the department of education. I sent out the request to the DOE on August 24th. Can anyone tell me what they think would be an appropriate time of contacting APD or my investigator to ask if I'm still on review, or if I am qualified? All answers are appreciated.
                    You can start even today man. It doesn't hurt to call them and inquire about the status. Just call them and see what they tell you.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by etorres817 View Post
                      Does being on psych review affect your chances with other agencies and other jobs??
                      no. there are other agencies that's better than NYPD. when i say better, its better quality of life, and they dont abused you like this job does.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ted Williams View Post
                        no. there are other agencies that's better than NYPD. when i say better, its better quality of life, and they dont abused you like this job does.
                        And what are those other agencies? Only ones I can think of is Nassau and Suffolk which is rare to get in, NJ which you have to be a resident, mtapd which is rare

                        Comment


                        • ................................
                          Last edited by hwguy1314; 04-11-2017, 06:52 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                            So my psych evaluator requested that I bring in two documents... My college transcripts, and my full medical record.

                            Once these are faxed, how long to I know if I am qualified?
                            Theres no time frame. My psychologist wanted a job review from me and sent me an email yesterday saying he doesn't expect any issues with my file he's just overloaded with people and hasn't gotten the chance to get to it yet, which I found encouraging . They only get to review cases on fridays, mon-thurs they're in interviews all day.
                            NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                            Test# 4324
                            List #: XX
                            APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                            Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                            Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                            B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                            JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                            Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                            Got the call:

                            Comment


                            • Wow so they only review cases on friday. Now i understand why so long to review cause it only one day


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
                                Theres no time frame. My psychologist wanted a job review from me and sent me an email yesterday saying he doesn't expect any issues with my file he's just overloaded with people and hasn't gotten the chance to get to it yet, which I found encouraging . They only get to review cases on fridays, mon-thurs they're in interviews all day.
                                Only Fridays ? That's the reason why they get so many people disqualified.


                                Sent from my House Phone!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5429 users online. 177 members and 5252 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X