Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to me that a lot of people who had ADHD and an IEP end up on review but not disqualified as long as the condition still isn't present. The NYPD certainly could disqualify you for it if the condition interferes with psychological suitability for the job.

Comment

• I'm just relaying information from personal experiences from friends OTJ who have IEPs.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Comment

• An IEP is NOT an accommodation issue. There is no ADA involved.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
          Thats not entirely true, I know 2 guys that have been previously DQ'd took the test over again, and the psychologists saw that they "matured" more. So I wouldn't say every DQ would be the complete end for everyone, the vast majority yes. But there are sometimes people who would've been good P.O's but got the short end of the stick.
          Do you know how long after the initial DQ these officers retook the test. I always heard about a 3yr gap from a previous DQ is a good amount of time

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
            Do you know how long after the initial DQ these officers retook the test. I always heard about a 3yr gap from a previous DQ is a good amount of time
            Im not sure to be honest, they didn't go that into detail. But figure if you take the next P.O. test at the end of the year. Its the first in about a year, since they don't give it out every day anymore. They take 1 and 1/2 years to start processing you again etc..
            NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
            Test# 4324
            List #: XX
            APD-5: completed (03/2016)
            Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
            Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
            B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
            JST: Qualified (9/2016)
            Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
            Got the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
              Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?
              Your file gets discontinued if you fail to provide your documentation. Discontinued indicates you're not being cooperative and stops other people in the hiring process from working on your case. Sometimes people choose not to release information and it makes no sense to keep the case active.

Almost every single candidate goes on psych review. Psych review does NOT mean the same thing as investigative review.

Psych puts you on review while they wait for al the information so that other people (APD, medical) keep working on your case. if they discontinue you, again--that means you haven't gotten them what they need and your file stops getting worked on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                There is no wait time, though it probably benefits you to gain some distance--maybe down the road the current concerns won't be weighed as heavily based on what you do with your life in the meantime

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                  Well thinking that this case is very different from 2010 might thought that there is a chance to make it in

Yes you might make it in. The reports that are written by psych doctors are legal documents and they are reviewed at
                  Multiple levels--despite what people on here tell themselves they CANNOT disqualify you without a sound basis for doing so that they need to be prepared to testify to in front of the CSC and higher courts.

If there is no longer anything that raises concern, then there's no longer anything that raises concern, thus no evidence to warrant a DQ. It's that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                    Review is worse.

Discontinued means they didnt get paperwork they requested. You need toreopen your case
                    WRONG. Psych review means that they don't have all the info they need to make a decision but your case is still actively processing. Discontinued means you aren't cooperating with the process and everyone stops working on your file.

Almost EVERYONE goes on review for some period of time while they get records to psych, or psych waits for more info from APD. A lot of times waiting on info from APD (arrest report out of state, residency check, termination, driving abstract) drags out how long your on psych review.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
                      no i had school records and medical records requested for speech therapy i had in 1st and 2nd grade because my jaw was to small for my teeth and ended up have teeth surgically removed so i would be able to enunciate words properly and medical records for a panic attack i had my junior year of HS back in '06...no arrests, no alcohol related issues (only casual/dinner use) or drugs only experimented once in college and never again since or ever for future wasn't my thing...so idk why it takes so long, i mean i know they have thousands of applicants that they need to review and all that but i think that if they requested the documents and i get them to her withing a week she may have just reviewed them but i guess ill just wait like everyone else and if its meant to be its meant to be...hoping for the best though
                      You should stop being so anxious. It is obvious on the forum, it's not helping your cause with the department. Every email you send to APD gets forwarded to your psych. APD cant disqualify you for being annoying, but they will ABSOLUTLEY relay their experience of dealing with you to psych.

Also, "I know they have thousands of applicants," but why don't they just drop everything that they are doing and focus on me?

They very clearly say that they have 10 psychologists who interview candidates every day, every hour on the hour. Chill out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        Basically, they are looking for perfection in candidates.
                        Perfection? Most of the people on here wouldn't even get a second thought by Suffolk, Nassau, PAPD, MTA, NYS police...given the number of people that the NYPD has to hire, I think it's pretty obvious that some people they hire will be marginal people/cops, at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
                          can someone clarify this for me if they are 100% sure. When a psychologists requests additional paper work you're put on "review" automatically? I was speaking to a ret. LT from APD and explained that I had to get paper work in and I wasn't sure if the psychologist got it yet so I am on review. He told me when he was working there people who had pending paper work were not normally given the status "review", but rather it would say nothing. He said it could've very well changed since he's been ret for some years now. Can anyone clarify, thank you.
                          The lieutenant is wrong. Your APD status does not get entered until they have everything. As soon as you leave your oral you are placed on "review" until they have what they need. Psych review and psych REJECTION review are NOT the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                            This is what got me put on review the iep.. I had resource room twice a month for a slight learning disability in high school. That was 16 years ago this psych process is way 2 tough
                            Lots of people with special education are classified as learning disabled. Lots of people with special education are classified as EMOTIONALLY disabled/disturbed. They have to review everyone's records for confirmation--you think they are going to take your word for it and put their a** on the line for you without the paperwork to back it up? This is a world where police officers get in trouble for looking at someone the wrong way.

Trust me, if someone's going to dig up your past, you want it to be done now--not once your on the job in the context of a civil lawsuit.

Comment

• If psych is awaiting documents from you such as school records,medical records etc and you don't submit them you are put as discontinued. I don't believe they change your status until they decide on a decision at least that's how it worked out in my case.

Comment

• Why does psych request medical records, when they can just get it themselves? Don't we submit a release of information (medical records) paper with our investigator?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10610 users online. 398 members and 10212 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X