Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew20 did this 2 guy every got in the nypd after the second try and show them that there life was better and mature to the psychologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
      Andrew20 did this 2 guy every got in the nypd after the second try and show them that there life was better and mature to the psychologist

Yes they are P.O's in my command (I have a civilian position.) Granted they are probably a RARE case scenario, but they are examples of making it in on the 2nd try. Also they were very young when they first got processed so it made sense for them the second time. I wouldn't hold my breath, but you won't know until you try and the worst they can say is no again.
      Last edited by Andrew20; 08-25-2016, 05:07 PM.
      NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
      Test# 4324
      List #: XX
      APD-5: completed (03/2016)
      Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
      Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
      B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
      JST: Qualified (9/2016)
      Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
      Got the call:

Comment

• Nice maybe i can be lucky on my second try knowing my life has change ever since i was DQ on 2010 for personality characteristic incompatible .. And Now with a steady job that i been holding for 6 yr with a college degree and stable life, might think i can get a second chance

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
          That won't help him. His previously sealed background investigation file will be reviewed. Once you have been previously disqualified it is the end of the trail for any future NYPD employment.
          I know a few people who have been disqualified then got on years later. It all depends on the circumstances of why the candidate was disqualified.

Comment

• If you are on review from a department and your exam expires what happens to that exam would it be thrown away? Can you take another exam? How would this work??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
              If you are on review from a department and your exam expires what happens to that exam would it be thrown away? Can you take another exam? How would this work??
              Once the exam expires, you cannot be hired off of that exam. You will have to retake another exam and start process all over again. At least that's how it works for NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                Once the exam expires, you cannot be hired off of that exam. You will have to retake another exam and start process all over again. At least that's how it works for NYPD.

True.

Comment

• So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????

Comment

So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????
                    try but they already know that you on review for ssa,it depends why you are on review
                    Last edited by WRESTLER; 08-29-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????

Yes, because you're applying to the same agency for a position.

Comment

• I'm getting the good ol' run around. I call APD they say call psych to schedule my oral. I call pysch they say they're waitin on clearance. I call APD back they say candidates don't schedule their own pysch and to wait. I finally get my investigator and she says to call pysch but maybe they don't habe any available days and oh yea btw your file has given to someone else. Does it mean anything if they keep transferring me to different ppl or is it just a matter of balancing caseloads

Comment

• No just seems to me that you're in a bureaucratic mess.

Comment

• You can not be legally disqualified from the NYPD on the basis of the high school learning disability, The Americans with disabilities act prohibits discrimination in the workplace on the basis of a disability provided job functions with reasonable accommodations. -- My cousin had an IEP, he got records from his high school and is now on the job, but his friend had an IEP and took ADHD medicine and got disqualified. Just remember the NYPD psychologists decision isn't final, you can appeal by getting an independent psychologist.

Comment

• You MUST meet the standards. There is no "accommodation" for public safety.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I was just stating what Kevin Sheerin said who was my cousin Lawyer at the time, He is currently OTJ now. That's all.
                                Everyone's case is different, I know multiple people who had IEP's in high school that are OTJ.. as well as in specialized units.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9479 users online. 393 members and 9086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X