Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
    I was put on review in January, the doc wanted a copy of my 12 grade IEPS( I was in a special education class for math in high school). I called APD the other day, the lady told me it looks like from what it says on the computer that Iam not going to be cleared to switch everything over to my newer exam,try again. When I talk to my investigator about it,he said I had to wait for a yes or no off this review to process off my newer exam . So who knows , think I will try down south God only knows how long this could play out.

I think you're better off trying down South. Processing is rather
    rather quick for candidates and the quality of life is much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
      This is what got me put on review the iep.. I had resource room twice a month for a slight learning disability in high school. That was 16 years ago this psych process is way 2 tough

There are other LE agencies who will consider you for employment and not penalize you because of minor blemishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I think you're better off trying down South. Processing is rather
        rather quick for candidates and the quality of life is much better.

You mean property taxes arent 17k a year, Electric isnt 500 a month, etc? I recently did paperwork for my parents- now i dont wonder why their so bitter with NY.
        Problems with a psych exam?
        Have an upcoming
        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
        you make up your mind.
        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          You mean property taxes arent 17k a year, Electric isnt 500 a month, etc? I recently did paperwork for my parents- now i dont wonder why their so bitter with NY.

This is why retired people are leaving NY in droves. Even young people as well in search of a better lifestyle. Service industry business will be unable to pay the new NYS minimum wage of $15 per hour--so either they'll raise consumer prices or shut down completely. Thus sending marginally skilled service workers to the unemployment line or the welfare rolls.

Comment

Basically, they are looking for perfection in candidates.
            funny thing is, there were plenty of people i met during academy that made me wonder how they made it past any part of the application process. edit: cause i can't spell.

-april 1st grad
            http://i.imgur.com/xy1eMJJ.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 108554 View Post
              funny thing is, there were plenty of people i met during academy that made me wonder how they made it past any part of the application process. edit: cause i can't spell.

-april 1st grad
              Phase One is completing the hiring process. Phase Two evaluates job performance known as the probationary period.

Comment

• hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                  hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks
                  I wonder if you keep consistent employment going forward for x amount of years and remain active in NYPD AUX, if it will help your situation. Then again as others have said before, by not fighting a DQ it will affect you going forward but then again by fighting and winning doesn't mean you will be hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                      hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks

Rob Kronenber 631-234-4434
                      Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                        Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.

They are tough- in that case, he does not have any long term employment to water down the negatives. If i were him id appeal until the point in which he see's on paper, what NYPD has seen.
                        Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

Rob Kronenber 631-234-4434
                          JYNYC2626,
                          Sorry to say but negative character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. The court system can not offer you any relief since they will not substitute their judgement for the expertise of the agency in selecting personnel. Remember this type of public service employment is deemed to be that of a sensitive nature. Unfortunately, NYPD is not interested in your side of the story regarding your previous employment terminations. They are the sole judges of the material facts.

The NYPD auxiliary police acceptance is a horse of a different color. You are essentially a private citizen wearing a blue uniform. You are UNARMED while on patrol and you act as the "eyes and ears" of the NYPD in a proactive stance. You are neither a police nor peace officer. Basically, you are a civil defense volunteer. At this point; you would be wise to seek employment with another LE agency as they might review your entire "record of a whole" in a positive light. Good Luck!
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

They are tough- in that case, he does not have any long term employment to water down the negatives. If i were him id appeal until the point in which he see's on paper, what NYPD has seen.

He's not going to be able to see the background investigation data collected by NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
                              Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.
                              That won't help him. His previously sealed background investigation file will be reviewed. Once you have been previously disqualified it is the end of the trail for any future NYPD employment.

Comment

That won't help him. His previously sealed background investigation file will be reviewed. Once you have been previously disqualified it is the end of the trail for any future NYPD employment.
                                Thats not entirely true, I know 2 guys that have been previously DQ'd took the test over again, and the psychologists saw that they "matured" more. So I wouldn't say every DQ would be the complete end for everyone, the vast majority yes. But there are sometimes people who would've been good P.O's but got the short end of the stick.
                                NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                                Test# 4324
                                List #: XX
                                APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                                Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                                Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                                B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                                JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                                Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                                Got the call:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10455 users online. 449 members and 10006 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X