Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
    So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????

Yes, because you're applying to the same agency for a position.

Comment

• I'm getting the good ol' run around. I call APD they say call psych to schedule my oral. I call pysch they say they're waitin on clearance. I call APD back they say candidates don't schedule their own pysch and to wait. I finally get my investigator and she says to call pysch but maybe they don't habe any available days and oh yea btw your file has given to someone else. Does it mean anything if they keep transferring me to different ppl or is it just a matter of balancing caseloads

Comment

• No just seems to me that you're in a bureaucratic mess.

Comment

• You can not be legally disqualified from the NYPD on the basis of the high school learning disability, The Americans with disabilities act prohibits discrimination in the workplace on the basis of a disability provided job functions with reasonable accommodations. -- My cousin had an IEP, he got records from his high school and is now on the job, but his friend had an IEP and took ADHD medicine and got disqualified. Just remember the NYPD psychologists decision isn't final, you can appeal by getting an independent psychologist.

Comment

• You MUST meet the standards. There is no "accommodation" for public safety.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I was just stating what Kevin Sheerin said who was my cousin Lawyer at the time, He is currently OTJ now. That's all.
              Everyone's case is different, I know multiple people who had IEP's in high school that are OTJ.. as well as in specialized units.

Comment

• Seems to me that a lot of people who had ADHD and an IEP end up on review but not disqualified as long as the condition still isn't present. The NYPD certainly could disqualify you for it if the condition interferes with psychological suitability for the job.

Comment

• I'm just relaying information from personal experiences from friends OTJ who have IEPs.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Comment

• An IEP is NOT an accommodation issue. There is no ADA involved.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
                      Thats not entirely true, I know 2 guys that have been previously DQ'd took the test over again, and the psychologists saw that they "matured" more. So I wouldn't say every DQ would be the complete end for everyone, the vast majority yes. But there are sometimes people who would've been good P.O's but got the short end of the stick.
                      Do you know how long after the initial DQ these officers retook the test. I always heard about a 3yr gap from a previous DQ is a good amount of time

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
                        Do you know how long after the initial DQ these officers retook the test. I always heard about a 3yr gap from a previous DQ is a good amount of time
                        Im not sure to be honest, they didn't go that into detail. But figure if you take the next P.O. test at the end of the year. Its the first in about a year, since they don't give it out every day anymore. They take 1 and 1/2 years to start processing you again etc..
                        NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                        Test# 4324
                        List #: XX
                        APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                        Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                        Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                        B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                        JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                        Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                        Got the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
                          Ok so I need a little guidance, reassurance if you will. I had my oral last month and was told I needed to send in some documents (School/Med). I immediately requested the documents and they were sent in within a few days, well before the deadline. I contacted my Dr. trying to confirm receipt and she said she hadn't received them yet, I followed up with my documents and was told they were sent...i also contacted APD as to a status update. I sent an email to my psych explaining they were sent and if she needed anything else to let me know...she sent back that she "got something, doesn't know what it is to check back in a week"... then I got an email from APD to my status a few hours later saying I'm on psych review...my question is how can I be on psych review when my doc's didn't get looked at yet and not Disc....has anyone else been through this...am I done for since I was put on "review" before my docs were submitted?
                          Your file gets discontinued if you fail to provide your documentation. Discontinued indicates you're not being cooperative and stops other people in the hiring process from working on your case. Sometimes people choose not to release information and it makes no sense to keep the case active.

Almost every single candidate goes on psych review. Psych review does NOT mean the same thing as investigative review.

Psych puts you on review while they wait for al the information so that other people (APD, medical) keep working on your case. if they discontinue you, again--that means you haven't gotten them what they need and your file stops getting worked on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                            If you are officially DQed by NYPD, how long must you wait before you can reapply ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            There is no wait time, though it probably benefits you to gain some distance--maybe down the road the current concerns won't be weighed as heavily based on what you do with your life in the meantime

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                              Well thinking that this case is very different from 2010 might thought that there is a chance to make it in

Yes you might make it in. The reports that are written by psych doctors are legal documents and they are reviewed at
                              Multiple levels--despite what people on here tell themselves they CANNOT disqualify you without a sound basis for doing so that they need to be prepared to testify to in front of the CSC and higher courts.

If there is no longer anything that raises concern, then there's no longer anything that raises concern, thus no evidence to warrant a DQ. It's that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                                Review is worse.

Discontinued means they didnt get paperwork they requested. You need toreopen your case
                                WRONG. Psych review means that they don't have all the info they need to make a decision but your case is still actively processing. Discontinued means you aren't cooperating with the process and everyone stops working on your file.

Almost EVERYONE goes on review for some period of time while they get records to psych, or psych waits for more info from APD. A lot of times waiting on info from APD (arrest report out of state, residency check, termination, driving abstract) drags out how long your on psych review.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5570 users online. 339 members and 5231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X