Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
    hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks

Rob Kronenber 631-234-4434
    Problems with a psych exam?
    Have an upcoming
    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
    you make up your mind.
    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
      Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.

They are tough- in that case, he does not have any long term employment to water down the negatives. If i were him id appeal until the point in which he see's on paper, what NYPD has seen.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
        Rob Kronenber 631-234-4434
        JYNYC2626,
        Sorry to say but negative character disqualifications are next to impossible to overturn. The court system can not offer you any relief since they will not substitute their judgement for the expertise of the agency in selecting personnel. Remember this type of public service employment is deemed to be that of a sensitive nature. Unfortunately, NYPD is not interested in your side of the story regarding your previous employment terminations. They are the sole judges of the material facts.

The NYPD auxiliary police acceptance is a horse of a different color. You are essentially a private citizen wearing a blue uniform. You are UNARMED while on patrol and you act as the "eyes and ears" of the NYPD in a proactive stance. You are neither a police nor peace officer. Basically, you are a civil defense volunteer. At this point; you would be wise to seek employment with another LE agency as they might review your entire "record of a whole" in a positive light. Good Luck!
        Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          They are tough- in that case, he does not have any long term employment to water down the negatives. If i were him id appeal until the point in which he see's on paper, what NYPD has seen.

He's not going to be able to see the background investigation data collected by NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
            Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.
            That won't help him. His previously sealed background investigation file will be reviewed. Once you have been previously disqualified it is the end of the trail for any future NYPD employment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
              That won't help him. His previously sealed background investigation file will be reviewed. Once you have been previously disqualified it is the end of the trail for any future NYPD employment.
              Thats not entirely true, I know 2 guys that have been previously DQ'd took the test over again, and the psychologists saw that they "matured" more. So I wouldn't say every DQ would be the complete end for everyone, the vast majority yes. But there are sometimes people who would've been good P.O's but got the short end of the stick.
              NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
              Test# 4324
              List #: XX
              APD-5: completed (03/2016)
              Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
              Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
              B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
              JST: Qualified (9/2016)
              Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
              Got the call:

Comment

• Andrew20 did this 2 guy every got in the nypd after the second try and show them that there life was better and mature to the psychologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
                  Andrew20 did this 2 guy every got in the nypd after the second try and show them that there life was better and mature to the psychologist

Yes they are P.O's in my command (I have a civilian position.) Granted they are probably a RARE case scenario, but they are examples of making it in on the 2nd try. Also they were very young when they first got processed so it made sense for them the second time. I wouldn't hold my breath, but you won't know until you try and the worst they can say is no again.
                  Last edited by Andrew20; 08-25-2016, 05:07 PM.
                  NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                  Test# 4324
                  List #: XX
                  APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                  Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                  Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                  B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                  JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                  Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                  Got the call:

Comment

• Nice maybe i can be lucky on my second try knowing my life has change ever since i was DQ on 2010 for personality characteristic incompatible .. And Now with a steady job that i been holding for 6 yr with a college degree and stable life, might think i can get a second chance

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                      I know a few people who have been disqualified then got on years later. It all depends on the circumstances of why the candidate was disqualified.

Comment

• If you are on review from a department and your exam expires what happens to that exam would it be thrown away? Can you take another exam? How would this work??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
                          If you are on review from a department and your exam expires what happens to that exam would it be thrown away? Can you take another exam? How would this work??
                          Once the exam expires, you cannot be hired off of that exam. You will have to retake another exam and start process all over again. At least that's how it works for NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
                            Once the exam expires, you cannot be hired off of that exam. You will have to retake another exam and start process all over again. At least that's how it works for NYPD.

True.

Comment

• So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
                                So what if you are on review for NYPD SCHOOL SAFETY but then decided to go for NYPD while still being on review for SCHOOL SAFETY, would you be but on review because of SCHOOL SAFETY????
                                try but they already know that you on review for ssa,it depends why you are on review
                                Last edited by WRESTLER; 08-29-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8059 users online. 470 members and 7589 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X