Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nypdhopeful15 View Post
    I've read more ridiculous stories in this thread. NYPD's psych unit is extremely thorough with every detail you list on that application.
    Basically, they are looking for perfection in candidates.

Comment

Most likely means a DQ notification is coming soon.
      When they send you the letter does it state why?
      If i was to email my investigator would he be able to tell me that I am most likely receiving a letter about being DQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
        honest swear on my chance of being a PO they wanted my elementary school records for it because it was thought to be a mental impairment or something like that but it was solely medical and explained that but i got a letter to them because my K-6 records get sent to my HS and are destroyed('14) after 7yrs from graduating but they also sent my HS records cause she wanted all IEP resource and things like that that i never even had but they requested i gave...but yea really crazy i thought but i guess really wanted to see them lol
        LOL!! There are several on my job with 'mental impairments'. One of which was arrested TWICE for DWI within a 12 month time period and still OTJ!! Yet, despite acts of misconduct, on or off-duty; there are many people I have known with "checkered backgrounds" who have gone on to make good police officers.

I have always told new hires that there are THREE things, or combination thereof; that will get an officer into trouble: Drugs,alcohol and women.

Comment

Most likely means a DQ notification is coming soon.
          True. If the letter is from the psych unit it will advise him of his appeal rights if he wishes to exercise them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
            Basically, they are looking for perfection in candidates.
            In some sense yes and in some sense no. People do get on with arrests, and other issues. Also depends on who your particular psychologist is. They have so many candidates that if they see the slightest thing, they can afford to axe them, and let the candidate battle it out if they wish. The medical, and therapy stuff is huge to them, doesn't matter how old they are when it happened. Luckily I had nothing like that so I didn't have to deal with it. A long while back in the thread, someone posted about being on review for quite a long time due to the fact that they saw a therapist when they were 5, I believe they were 30 around the time of the interview. I'm sure they deal with candidates trying to downplay issues so I could see why they request those records but from reading around, and stories I've heard, sometimes it can be a bit absurd. NYPD psych is more tedious than a lot of other agencies.
            Last edited by nypdhopeful15; 08-22-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
              When they send you the letter does it state why?
              If i was to email my investigator would he be able to tell me that I am most likely receiving a letter about being DQ?
              From what I know, it will only say you were determined to be psychologically unsuitable to the stresses, and demands of being an NYPD Police Officer. It does not say a specific reason. The only way to truly know why you were disqualified is to follow the instructions on the DQ letter, and choose an appeal psychologist. They release your full file to the appeal psychologist then you can review it with him, and see where to go from there.

Comment

In some sense yes and in some sense no. People do get on with arrests, and other issues. Also depends on who your particular psychologist is. They have so many candidates that if they see the slightest thing, they can afford to axe them, and let the candidate battle it out if they wish. The medical, and therapy stuff is huge to them, doesn't matter how old they are when it happened. Luckily I had nothing like that so I didn't have to deal with it. A long while back in the thread, someone posted about being on review for quite a long time due to the fact that they saw a therapist when they were 5, I believe they were 30 around the time of the interview. I'm sure they deal with candidates trying to downplay issues so I could see why they request those records but from reading around, and stories I've heard, sometimes it can be a bit absurd. NYPD psych is more tedious than a lot of other agencies.

It depends...
                arrests are accusations. All depends on the nature of the charge, weight of the evidence, whether or not a conviction was secured and who was the complainant. Even so; undetected criminal acts are also grounds for negative character disqualification. Basically, NYPD candidates face a double-edged sword in the hiring process: psych or negative character disqualification. Some candidates do get into the academy while the background investigation is continuing...and if anything negative in their character not previously disclosed comes about. He or she will be summarily terminated.
                Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-22-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• I have my oral interview tomorrow. Is there a chance I'm going to be put on review for being in resource room for half of a year in fourth grade?

Comment

• NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Originally posted by Jonmelfa View Post
                    I have my oral interview tomorrow. Is there a chance I'm going to be put on review for being in resource room for half of a year in fourth grade?
                    Chances are good they will request documents regarding your resource room visits, and will probably take some time to review them. Doesn't exactly mean you will be on the dreaded one year review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• can someone clarify this for me if they are 100% sure. When a psychologists requests additional paper work you're put on "review" automatically? I was speaking to a ret. LT from APD and explained that I had to get paper work in and I wasn't sure if the psychologist got it yet so I am on review. He told me when he was working there people who had pending paper work were not normally given the status "review", but rather it would say nothing. He said it could've very well changed since he's been ret for some years now. Can anyone clarify, thank you.
                      NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                      Test# 4324
                      List #: XX
                      APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                      Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                      Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                      B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                      JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                      Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                      Got the call:

Comment

• If you're pending paperwork, it still says psych review with that HIPPA message. Review is more like a pending status. Eventually if you are DQ'd psych may update the computer to indicate a proposed notice of disqualification may be going out or sent. Being on review for paper work isn't the worst thing. Could go either way depending on what's in your history, and what they asked for.

Comment

If you're pending paperwork, it still says psych review with that HIPPA message. Review is more like a pending status. Eventually if you are DQ'd psych may update the computer to indicate a proposed notice of disqualification may be going out or sent. Being on review for paper work isn't the worst thing. Could go either way depending on what's in your history, and what they asked for.
                          Thank You. Thats what I said to the RET. Lt. and he said they might've changed it from when he was OTJ, but when he was there if you were on review it wasn't good. From what I understood if you had pending paper work you were just given the "review" label until said paper work was reviewed by the psychologist. Mine asked for reviews from supervisors since I am in a civilian position in the department. All reviews are positive, my entire background is positive. But only time will tell, I'm not sweating it though just curious.

Update:
                          Just saw a conversation on APD forum about this topic, if additional paper work is requested you are automatically put on review.....phew feel much better now. Thanks again NYPDhopeful15.
                          Last edited by Andrew20; 08-23-2016, 02:15 PM. Reason: Update
                          NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                          Test# 4324
                          List #: XX
                          APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                          Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                          Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                          B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                          JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                          Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                          Got the call:

Comment

If you're pending paperwork, it still says psych review with that HIPPA message. Review is more like a pending status. Eventually if you are DQ'd psych may update the computer to indicate a proposed notice of disqualification may be going out or sent. Being on review for paper work isn't the worst thing. Could go either way depending on what's in your history, and what they asked for.
                            Hey could you explain what that HIPPA message means?
                            Thanks

Comment

• The HIPPA message comes from the Health Insurance and Portability Act of 1996. Basically APD doesn't know anything about why you are on psych review because it pertains to your health records. Technically speaking with the law, I think you are supposed to have access to your own file since it pertains to you but no one has ever challenged it so it remains locked away in the Psych Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtc288 View Post
                                Hey could you explain what that HIPPA message means?
                                Thanks
                                Hippa is a federal health privacy act that prohibits a medical provider from releasing your medical records without your consent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8044 users online. 368 members and 7676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X