Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, so my psych is on this upcoming 7th. I have a few questions

1) At my appointment (8am) does it start right away, or like an hour after? How many minutes until my psych actually starts once I get there?

2) any paper work before the start of my psych? If so, what does it consist of?

3) is the evaluator a forensic psychologist or a psychiatrist? (just curious because I have a Bachelors in Forensic Psychology)

4) is it true all evaluators grill you hard or are there nice ones?

5) Are the majority men or women? (I'm just more comfortable talking with women)

6) any tips?

7) what is a quick break down of what I can expect

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
      Hey guys, so my psych is on this upcoming 7th. I have a few questions

1) At my appointment (8am) does it start right away, or like an hour after? How many minutes until my psych actually starts once I get there?

3) is the evaluator a forensic psychologist or a psychiatrist? (just curious because I have a Bachelors in Forensic Psychology)

5) Are the majority men or women? (I'm just more comfortable talking with women)

6) any tips?

1. Get there early, 30-40 minutes and go into the waiting room. The doctor may take you early or may not. It all depends on if the doctor has another interview before you. If the doctor has a long interview with a candidate before you, you will be waiting awhile so be prepared for anything.

2. No paperwork before your psych. Bring pens to sign in, and to sign any forms the doctor may give you. Yeah, make sure to read before signing.

3. Some are, some aren't. It isn't required for the psychologist to have a doctorate in forensic psychologist. Most doctors they have these days have some form of doctorate in psychology. They used to have interviewers that only had masters.

4. It depends on the interviewer. Be relaxed, calm, and confident in your answers but if the interviewer is nice, don't start talking like you are talking to your friends, and don't make chit chat. Give the answer to the question, and no elaborate details unless asked to explain something. Whether the interviewer is nice or not, they are doing the same thing. They are evaluating your fitness to the department.

5. Majority women. Like I said up above, be confident, and concise in your answers. Don't be soft spoken.

6. Make sure to shave, wear a suit, get there early. I saw some people waiting for the interview in jeans, and t-shirt. Don't do that. Address the question asked, give polite answers yes sir/mam, no sir/no mam. Try to show them you are capable of being professional, and mature. Don't get fr***led or upset if the interviewer sounds calling you a liar/yelling at you. Just prepare for pretty much anything in your background to be addressed.

7. You will discuss your background, the doctor has that background packet you filled out at the written psych, and will be using that as a guide during your interview. I hope you memorized the info you put down there. Make sure to know years of school, employment, if something happened to you when/why that happened. You don't want to **** off the interviewer by not knowing your background info.

Comment

• Also on review because of iep..had to get a letter stating that the records are destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
          Hey guys, so my psych is on this upcoming 7th. I have a few questions

6) any tips?

Below is a good run down. Some are not even Phd's. Check out www.lawenforcementpeptalk.com; really good and resourseful people.
          Problems with a psych exam?
          Have an upcoming
          PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
          you make up your mind.
          WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
          http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MR.Robinson View Post
            Also on review because of iep..had to get a letter stating that the records are destroyed.
            Coo coo ca choo?
            Have an upcoming

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
            you make up your mind.

Comment

• I was put on review in January, the doc wanted a copy of my 12 grade IEPS( I was in a special education class for math in high school). I called APD the other day, the lady told me it looks like from what it says on the computer that Iam not going to be cleared to switch everything over to my newer exam,try again. When I talk to my investigator about it,he said I had to wait for a yes or no off this review to process off my newer exam . So who knows , think I will try down south God only knows how long this could play out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lijames631 View Post
                I was put on review in January, the doc wanted a copy of my 12 grade IEPS( I was in a special education class for math in high school). I called APD the other day, the lady told me it looks like from what it says on the computer that Iam not going to be cleared to switch everything over to my newer exam,try again. When I talk to my investigator about it,he said I had to wait for a yes or no off this review to process off my newer exam . So who knows , think I will try down south God only knows how long this could play out.

I think you're better off trying down South. Processing is rather
                rather quick for candidates and the quality of life is much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                  This is what got me put on review the iep.. I had resource room twice a month for a slight learning disability in high school. That was 16 years ago this psych process is way 2 tough

There are other LE agencies who will consider you for employment and not penalize you because of minor blemishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post

I think you're better off trying down South. Processing is rather
                    rather quick for candidates and the quality of life is much better.

You mean property taxes arent 17k a year, Electric isnt 500 a month, etc? I recently did paperwork for my parents- now i dont wonder why their so bitter with NY.
                    Have an upcoming

you make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                      You mean property taxes arent 17k a year, Electric isnt 500 a month, etc? I recently did paperwork for my parents- now i dont wonder why their so bitter with NY.

This is why retired people are leaving NY in droves. Even young people as well in search of a better lifestyle. Service industry business will be unable to pay the new NYS minimum wage of $15 per hour--so either they'll raise consumer prices or shut down completely. Thus sending marginally skilled service workers to the unemployment line or the welfare rolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
                        Basically, they are looking for perfection in candidates.
                        funny thing is, there were plenty of people i met during academy that made me wonder how they made it past any part of the application process. edit: cause i can't spell.

-april 1st grad
                        http://i.imgur.com/xy1eMJJ.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 108554 View Post
                          funny thing is, there were plenty of people i met during academy that made me wonder how they made it past any part of the application process. edit: cause i can't spell.

-april 1st grad
                          Phase One is completing the hiring process. Phase Two evaluates job performance known as the probationary period.

Comment

• hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by JRNYC2626 View Post
                              hey guys, so I just received my Notice of Proposed disqualification letter through email today. Right before i go to class. What a day to start my first day of school. They actually tell you what went wrong the in the letter. So im currently being DQ because of "Background Investigation/Character pursuant to Civil Service Law" the box was checked on Unsatisfactory prior private employment and in the category under Other. it said NEGATIVE EMPLOYMENT RECORD. Thats about it. So my first two jobs straight out of highschool 2009-2010 i was terminated twice, Third job in 2013 working for UPS i left the job because they did not call me into work for 2-3 weeks. I was offered a job at USPS in between those days i wasn't working, Which i worked for about 7 months then left because i was involved in a car accident and wanted to pursue my degree in school, Job was full-time. I was written up once by the manager due to a miscommunication we had and I apologized and told him what had happened. Manager can vouch for me that i was a hard working. 2016 Feb. I started a new job and still currently employed and been working really hard and the managers and supervisors here can vouch for that. I also just got accepted in the NYPD aux, and class starts in September. Besides that i am a full-time student and about to graduate this semester which starts today. What do you guys think? Do i have a chance to fight it? If yes who would be a good attorney to hire for this situation? Sorry for the grammar, currently writing this right before i leave to school. Thanks
                              I wonder if you keep consistent employment going forward for x amount of years and remain active in NYPD AUX, if it will help your situation. Then again as others have said before, by not fighting a DQ it will affect you going forward but then again by fighting and winning doesn't mean you will be hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Background disqualifications are a tough burden to overcome, and almost all the time are held on appeal. I wouldn't bother spending the money on a lawyer. I think your best bet is to keep steady employment for a few years, take the test, and try again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5795 users online. 338 members and 5457 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X