Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
    Damn that's a lot of money to gamble away on something that has a potential to not happen
    Even if the psych disqualification is overturned by NYCCSC; there is no guarantee you will be hired by NYPD. Keep in mind these statistics: only ONE out of 12 candidates that pass the written exam gets hired. That ought to tell you something. Getting disqualified by them does not necessarily mean you could not perform the job successfully--it just means they won't hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
      Do you intend to navigate the system by yourself?
      Can't afford a lawyer. Have no choice
      Last edited by maza849; 08-20-2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• So guys, how long after you take the oral psych do you know if you passed? My question kind of got buried. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
          Second interview
          ks a positive sign
          Thanks for the positive vibes. I used Kevin sheerin for my attorney and Dr.Daley for my psychologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melvindrbk View Post
            Good luck with that. I've hope everything goes well. I have read cases that are given a second interview and they still get disqualified. Be positive.

Sent from my House Phone!!
            You don't have much time much time to fight the decision when does your exam expire

Comment

• If they don't want you, they don't want you. You don't have a RIGHT to be hired...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
                You don't have much time much time to fight the decision when does your exam expire
                APD Told me 2019

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

• so does anyone know how long after i send in my documents will they be reviewed or i will get a status change...I have my oral 7/19 and my psych requested Doc's i sent them to her immediately and she acknowledged that she received them when i asked her...i email apd every other week or so for updates and im still on review...should i email my psych to see if theres anything else she needs or should i just let it play out?
                  NYPD Exam 4320: January 4, 2014
                  List: 1XX
                  APD-5: Submitted 01/26/2016
                  MEDICAL: 05/12/2016 Passed
                  WRITTEN PSYCHOLOGICAL: 06/02/2016 Passed
                  ORAL PSYCHOLOGICAL: 07/19/2016 On Review
                  MET WITH INVESTIGATOR: 06/09/2016
                  BI: In Process
                  JST: Passed 2:55
                  Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
                    so does anyone know how long after i send in my documents will they be reviewed or i will get a status change...I have my oral 7/19 and my psych requested Doc's i sent them to her immediately and she acknowledged that she received them when i asked her...i email apd every other week or so for updates and im still on review...should i email my psych to see if theres anything else she needs or should i just let it play out?
                    Im no expert but I would say let it play out. Is there anything specific in your case that would want to review you for longer for ? EX: arrests, drug/alcohol use, medical issues etc.
                    NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                    Test# 4324
                    List #: XX
                    APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                    Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                    Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                    B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                    JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                    Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                    Got the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
                      Im no expert but I would say let it play out. Is there anything specific in your case that would want to review you for longer for ? EX: arrests, drug/alcohol use, medical issues etc.
                      no i had school records and medical records requested for speech therapy i had in 1st and 2nd grade because my jaw was to small for my teeth and ended up have teeth surgically removed so i would be able to enunciate words properly and medical records for a panic attack i had my junior year of HS back in '06...no arrests, no alcohol related issues (only casual/dinner use) or drugs only experimented once in college and never again since or ever for future wasn't my thing...so idk why it takes so long, i mean i know they have thousands of applicants that they need to review and all that but i think that if they requested the documents and i get them to her withing a week she may have just reviewed them but i guess ill just wait like everyone else and if its meant to be its meant to be...hoping for the best though

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra218 View Post
                        no i had school records and medical records requested for speech therapy i had in 1st and 2nd grade because my jaw was to small for my teeth and ended up have teeth surgically removed so i would be able to enunciate words properly and medical records for a panic attack i had my junior year of HS back in '06...no arrests, no alcohol related issues (only casual/dinner use) or drugs only experimented once in college and never again since or ever for future wasn't my thing...so idk why it takes so long, i mean i know they have thousands of applicants that they need to review and all that but i think that if they requested the documents and i get them to her withing a week she may have just reviewed them but i guess ill just wait like everyone else and if its meant to be its meant to be...hoping for the best though

You mean
                        psych unit wants medical records going back to the first grade?? You (or they) got to be kidding??

Comment

You mean
                          psych unit wants medical records going back to the first grade?? You (or they) got to be kidding??
                          I've read more ridiculous stories in this thread. NYPD's psych unit is extremely thorough with every detail you list on that application.

Comment

• I called APD yesterday after not calling for about 4 months just to check and see if I am still on psych review. Which I still am. But the lady on the phone said that if I was contacted by the Psych department either through phone or email. I said no, She then said you should expect something through either email or mail from the psych department on what to do next. This is the first time someone from APD has told me that I would expect something through email/mail. Im assuming it is the DQ letter? Or is it there standard procedure to tell everyone that they should expect something through email/mail when asking if they are still on psych review?

Comment

• Most likely means a DQ notification is coming soon.

Comment

You mean
                                honest swear on my chance of being a PO they wanted my elementary school records for it because it was thought to be a mental impairment or something like that but it was solely medical and explained that but i got a letter to them because my K-6 records get sent to my HS and are destroyed('14) after 7yrs from graduating but they also sent my HS records cause she wanted all IEP resource and things like that that i never even had but they requested i gave...but yea really crazy i thought but i guess really wanted to see them lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7968 users online. 397 members and 7571 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X