Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    I doubt the Art 78 will get you your proposed DQ letter any faster. You will have to show how the agency has acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner in handling your application. Since a determination has not yet been made, I would expect the City to file a motion to dismiss. Doubtful that any judge will tell the City to hurry up and DQ you, so you can appeal.
    I am sure there are attorneys who will tell the kid otherwise and take his money-- not withstanding your correct words of wisdom and advice.

Comment

• Question i was once DQ on 2010 from psych i wasnt psychologically fit for the job due to stress..Now that i retook the exam again on 2013, and i am in the process and in the final signoff stage with psych would i get a good chance that i get a chance to get hire this time or DQ again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AML3319 View Post
        Question i was once DQ on 2010 from psych i wasnt psychologically fit for the job due to stress..Now that i retook the exam again on 2013, and i am in the process and in the final signoff stage with psych would i get a good chance that i get a chance to get hire this time or DQ again

You wrote in
        your last posting that you were on psych review. You were previously disqualified. You should have contested the previous psych disqualification but you didn't. And now it stands as a roadblock to future NYPD employment.

Comment

• Well thinking that this case is very different from 2010 might thought that there is a chance to make it in

Comment

• Went for my written pysch never got a date for my oral. Was told they needed something from my investigator. Tried to schedule my oral psych after a few months and they said the needed clearance from APD. Anyone have any idea what that's about?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
              Went for my written pysch never got a date for my oral. Was told they needed something from my investigator. Tried to schedule my oral psych after a few months and they said the needed clearance from APD. Anyone have any idea what that's about?
              Keep on top of your investigator otherwise you'll get lost in the system if it's a hold up on their part u gotta keep calling apd

Comment

• Good afternoon people . I have a question. Can i hire a doctor with out getting a lawyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by maza849 View Post
                  Good afternoon people . I have a question. Can i hire a doctor with out getting a lawyer?
                  Do you intend to navigate the system by yourself?

Comment

• My psychologists asked me to fax over my evaluations from a civ. position in the PD, my evals are all positive. I have been told this is pretty common. Anything I should seriously be worried about?
                    Last edited by Andrew20; 08-19-2016, 10:22 AM.
                    NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                    Test# 4324
                    List #: XX
                    APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                    Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                    Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                    B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                    JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                    Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                    Got the call:

Comment

• Just wanted to share my ongoing experience with you guys. My exam number is 2344, Was placed on psych review in Oct. 2014. Got my nopd letter thanksgiving weekend of 2015. I appealed and used Kevin sheerin and Dr. Daley and got a second psych interview this past week. First time around I was placed on psych review in 5 min and sent on my way. This time I was in there for about 2 hours. My new psychologist asked for one document and once she receives it a decision will be made shortly after. Just thought Id share some time frames with you guys who are considering appealing ot have appealed. Good luck to everyone.
                      Last edited by DBASDEO; 08-19-2016, 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• How does the oral psych process work? Do you sit down infront of the Doctor and they just question your written psych results?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtc288 View Post
                          How does the oral psych process work? Do you sit down infront of the Doctor and they just question your written psych results?
                          Yes, also they ask you any questions about your background i.e. tickets, arrest, school history, therapy sessions, etc.
                          NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                          Test# 4324
                          Got the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew20 View Post
                            Yes, also they ask you any questions about your background i.e. tickets, arrest, school history, therapy sessions, etc.
                            What are some example questions they may ask regarding your written psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
                              What are some example questions they may ask regarding your written psych?
                              Its about a 1000 question exam, at some point you're most likely going to make a mistake, and they'll ask you and you just have to explain yourself. But just be open and honest. If you made a mistake just make it known it was mistake or just explain your reasoning with articulate answers. Each psych case is different so its hard to determine what you'll be asked.
                              NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                              Test# 4324
                              Got the call:

Comment

• Originally posted by DBASDEO View Post
                                Just wanted to share my ongoing experience with you guys. My exam number is 2344, Was placed on psych review in Oct. 2014. Got my nopd letter thanksgiving weekend of 2015. I appealed and used Kevin sheerin and Dr. Daley and got a second psych interview this past week. First time around I was placed on psych review in 5 min and sent on my way. This time I was in there for about 2 hours. My new psychologist asked for one document and once she receives it a decision will be made shortly after. Just thought Id share some time frames with you guys who are considering appealing ot have appealed. Good luck to everyone.
                                Good luck with that. I've hope everything goes well. I have read cases that are given a second interview and they still get disqualified. Be positive.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7268 users online. 376 members and 6892 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X