Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Psych DQ or on NYPD psych review info and help..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going through the doc process right now and had to a sign a medical release form amoung others so I would assume nypd did the same thing considering how stern they seem.
    Yonkers Police Exam
    Date: 3/26/2014
    Score: 90
    List: Zone 3
    Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
    Date: 1/9/2016
    Score: 9X.X%
    List: 1XX
    Orientation: 6/24/16
    Medical:6/24/16
    Agility:7/9/16
    Written Psych:8/2/16
    Oral Psych:
    PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
    Date: 6/8/16
    Score: 9X.X%

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

• Originally posted by hwguy1314 View Post
      Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
      I was never arrested
      Never did drugs
      Never smoked
      No problems with the law
      Never drank alcohol
      Never suspended from school
      Never fired
      Never got a ticket in my 5 years of driving
      Never got in an accident
      Solid 3.0 gpa
      Never late to jobs, no problems in jobs
      780 credit score
      No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?
      All the things you've stated makes you sound like a good candidate but that's what you're background investigation is for. I would say the pysch goes deeper into your personality. It's a combo of what you've submitted and how you anewer the questions. Most ppl (myself included) probably view it as an attempt to see if you're crazy. Beyond that, based on how you anewer questions you could come off as socially introverted, or person who has problems with authority, a person with a distorted view of their own self worth, a person trying to appear more good than what they really are etc. So you might be mentally stable but your personality isn't a good for the department

However the oral is your chance to possibly explain any red flag indicators for example there's a question about do you feel like you're being watched? Most ppl would probably say no, I'd say yes but only because of my professional as a CO. Inmates are always watching you lol

I've taken this test 4x and done a little research so I'm slightly familiar with it. Best of luck to you

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBigHead View Post
        All the things you've stated makes you sound like a good candidate but that's what you're background investigation is for. I would say the pysch goes deeper into your personality. It's a combo of what you've submitted and how you anewer the questions. Most ppl (myself included) probably view it as an attempt to see if you're crazy. Beyond that, based on how you anewer questions you could come off as socially introverted, or person who has problems with authority, a person with a distorted view of their own self worth, a person trying to appear more good than what they really are etc. So you might be mentally stable but your personality isn't a good for the department

However the oral is your chance to possibly explain any red flag indicators for example there's a question about do you feel like you're being watched? Most ppl would probably say no, I'd say yes but only because of my professional as a CO. Inmates are always watching you lol

I've taken this test 4x and done a little research so I'm slightly familiar with it. Best of luck to you

If I am not
        Mistaken; all NYPD candidates must complete The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test. The psychologist assigned to the applicant will review his/her responses to get an insight as to the candidate's overall personality.

Comment

Does anyone here have any idea how they will "grill" a person like me or what they'll tell me on my oral? (which will be about 2 weeks from now.

Basically...

22 year old lad
          I was never arrested
          Never did drugs
          Never smoked
          No problems with the law
          Never drank alcohol
          Never fired
          Never got in an accident
          Solid 3.0 gpa
          780 credit score
          No debt

I just can't think of anything they'd grill me on. Would they just tell me hello and bye?
          What do you do for excitement??

Comment

Basically...

22 year old lad
            I was never arrested
            Never did drugs
            Never smoked
            No problems with the law
            Never drank alcohol
            Never fired
            Never got in an accident
            Solid 3.0 gpa
            780 credit score
            No debt

They'll review your posts on here.
            They'll look at your answers to questions posted here and how you act as if you're a MOS.
            They'll pay CLOSE attention to your snarky comments.
            Then they'll look at your maturity level...
            Last edited by CCCSD; 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
              I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me
              Don't do that. Wait for them to send you the letter so you can Appeal. You are going to waste your money and still get disqualified. NYPD to be told what to do, rare cases are overturned after being taken to court. You can ask the guys who has more experience about the subject. Vista, RetiredPoliceOfficer, CountCorrectionalOfficer etc. Ask those guys.

Sent from my House Phone!!

Comment

I got tired of being on psych review and since they won't send you a proposed dq letter until your list is close to expiring I decided to hire jerold levine to help fight it. Its very expensive but if u dont want a psych dq following you your whole life you should fight it anyone has questions pm me

Think about applying to other agencies. NYPD isn't the only game in town. Most of your smaller LE agencies do not place emphasis on psych evaluations as it could be either "hit or miss". Second, you haven't been disqualified yet so how can you appeal to the NYC CSC? Third, overturning a psych disqualification might restore you to the list of eligibles but it is no guarantee in itself of you getting hired by NYPD. You can also be disqualified on other grounds (i.e. negative character foibles).

Comment

• Hey,
                  How does the written exam work? Meaning is there a time limit? or are you allowed to take as much time as you want?
                  NYPD P.O EXAM (03/14)
                  Test# 4324
                  List #: XX
                  APD-5: completed (03/2016)
                  Medical: Qualified (07/2016)
                  Psychological: Qualified (8/2016)
                  B.I.: Qualified (8/2016)
                  JST: Qualified (9/2016)
                  Mini: Qualified (9/2016)
                  Got the call:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Melvindrbk;3921783]Don't do that. Wait for them to send you the letter so you can Appeal. You are going to waste your money and still get disqualified. NYPD to be told what to do, rare cases are overturned after being taken to court. You can ask the guys who has more experience about the subject. Vista, RetiredPoliceOfficer, CountCorrectionalOfficer etc. Ask those g
                    Last edited by shimmy; 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I'm not expecting to win the article 78 all that does is get u an answer in enough time to fight the proposed dq they send u the letter a month or 2 before your list expires so u have no time to fight it
                      Shim, I don't think you're going to get any of these state supreme court judges to issue a "show cause" order to NYPD as to why they will not hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by countycorrectionofficer View Post
                        shim, i don't think you're going to get any of these state supreme court judges to issue a "show cause" order to nypd as to why they will not hire you.
                        i'
                        Last edited by shimmy; 08-11-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I' know in won't win the article 78 I just want them to give me my proposed dq letter in enough time so I can Appeal it otherwise I'll be sitting on psych review until 3 months before my list expires and I won't be able to appeal
                          Why don't you write directly to the NYPD Bureau Chief of Personnel @ 1PP and express your concerns to him.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/ad...stration.shtml
                          Last edited by CountyCorrectionOfficer; 08-10-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• I doubt the Art 78 will get you your proposed DQ letter any faster. You will have to show how the agency has acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner in handling your application. Since a determination has not yet been made, I would expect the City to file a motion to dismiss. Doubtful that any judge will tell the City to hurry up and DQ you, so you can appeal.

Comment

• Hi i am new to this, i am from exam 3319 been on review since Oct 2015 paper are in final stage for decision. What would be the odd that i wont get DQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                I doubt the Art 78 will get you your proposed DQ letter any faster. You will have to show how the agency has acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner in handling your application. Since a determination has not yet been made, I would expect the City to file a motion to dismiss. Doubtful that any judge will tell the City to hurry up and DQ you, so you can appeal.

LT., Its sad (or desperate) to see what lengths candidates will go to get this job. As they say, "desperate people do desperate things". But in the end it's not really worth the time, trouble or aggravation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4982 users online. 204 members and 4778 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X